How hard is it to get the Disney Visa?

blondimom

Keeping Busy Being Fabulous!!!!
My credit reports are ok-two accounts show late payments {none since 7/2005} and my utilization is around 30-40%. Anybody know how hard or easy it is to get the Disney Visa? I was approved for the Universal card, but that was weird-I actually applying for it for DH and put my SS# by mistake. He got approved for it and I just called this morning to correct it-they even let him keep the account. I'm thinking that if the Disney requirements aren't too stringent, I may be able to get it? Any input?

Our credit is pretty good now, but we have been working hard to improve it. The negative things on our reports are OLD (almost ready to drop off because we are reaching the limit for how long it can show) and all of our accounts are currently in excellent standing. Disney Visa turned us down last year. Keep in mind we have 3 other bank cards with an excellent payment history - no late payments (EVER!), no slow pay, no over the limits, more than the minimum paid every month, the APRs on those card are low, and they are not maxed out. Give the Disney Visa a shot and see what they say. At least we got a free credit report out of the deal! :)

I disagree about giving it a shot - if you don't think you'll get it, don't try it. It is also put on your report the number of times you have tried for credit cards and were declined. In other words, a declined credit card reflects badly on you.

Use the CreditPulls group on Yahoo if you want to gauge your likelihood of acceptance. People post which cards they were accepted or denied along with which credit report was pulled and what their personal report looks like so you can compare and see if your chances or good or not. If not, don't waste the inquiry. It'll stay on your report for 2 years and knock a couple points from your FICO for something like a year.

I think you have to "join" - and I would recommend the group. BUt if you don't feel like it, I just searched for entries in the database for Disney Visa and here they are. . .

State Bureau Pulled Date Applied Approved (y/n) Score Credit Limit
FL EQ 05/04 yes 753 2000
MO EQ 06/04 yes 683 6000
IL TU 06/04 yes 671 500
FL EQ 02/04 yes 682 6000
NV TU 12/04 yes 730 8000
NJ EX 01/05 yes 685 5000
FL EQ 06/05 yes 608 2000
CA TU 12/05 No 664 0
Mi TU 12/05 Yes 688 4000

The denied one had a limited credit history of only 9 months, and the very last one had a paid collection from 2002.

Hope that helps you!

MyGoofy26 said:
Use the CreditPulls group on Yahoo if you want to gauge your likelihood of acceptance. People post which cards they were accepted or denied along with which credit report was pulled and what their personal report looks like so you can compare and see if your chances or good or not. If not, don't waste the inquiry. It'll stay on your report for 2 years and knock a couple points from your FICO for something like a year.

I think you have to "join" - and I would recommend the group. BUt if you don't feel like it, I just searched for entries in the database for Disney Visa and here they are. . .

State Bureau Pulled Date Applied Approved (y/n) Score Credit Limit
FL EQ 05/04 yes 753 2000
MO EQ 06/04 yes 683 6000
IL TU 06/04 yes 671 500
FL EQ 02/04 yes 682 6000
NV TU 12/04 yes 730 8000
NJ EX 01/05 yes 685 5000
FL EQ 06/05 yes 608 2000
CA TU 12/05 No 664 0
Mi TU 12/05 Yes 688 4000

The denied one had a limited credit history of only 9 months, and the very last one had a paid collection from 2002.

Hope that helps you!

Do you have the link for this group?? I could not find it in the group search

THANKS!!

It really isn't that great of a card...do you really need another credit card? Unless you pay it in full each month, the way they calculate interest is very anti consumer. The rewards aren't that great(only 1 'point' per $100 spent.) Unless you can put a lot on it every month and pay it in full each month, I wouldn't even consider applying, especially if you question your FICO score enough to think you might not qualify.

I'm not sure what my FICO is, but I was turned down by Citibank in Nov due to utilization and just was approved with a 13800 limit for the Disney Visa from Chase. 0% interest for 6 months.

I think the 0% financing on Disney vacations for 12 months is nice, but there are probably other cards out there with 0% introductory APRs. I didn't realize the card only earned one "point" per $100 spent! It would take a VERY long time for us to earn enough points to make the card worthwhile!

My FICO is better than the ones listed for people who were approved! That makes me mad! :mad:

Thanks for posting about this as I am thinking about applying, too. If it's $1 reward for every $100 spent then it doesn't sound so wonderful now.

I've been looking at card rewards at www.cardweb.com . I think there's better one's out there... Any suggestions? I saw that one from Ohio Savings Bank (IIRC) is pretty good.

I actually belong to Creditpulls, but didn't see it on there. Marv has four databases there-I think I only checked the last two.. Chase is strange. We applied for DH for Universal MC and he got it. Turns out they have my SS#, but when I checked our reports, they actually pulled his report-not mine. I called to have it fixed to his SSN, but when I registered for the online account access, they still have my SS# on it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter