How hard is it to book 2 bedroom villa at Aulani a week before Christmas?

Theta

DIS Veteran
I am thinking about buying some sleep around SSR points and use them at Aulani this Christmas. By the time the contract closes, it will be well within the 7 month booking period. What is booking availability like the week before and after Christmas using points? Will those rooms we gone as soon as the 7 month window open?

I can book a 2 bedroom using cash now. Could I reserve that room as a cash room and then when my points get added to my account have them switch from a cash reservation to a point reservation?

Any suggestions are welcome!

If you are trying to book anything inside 7 months with current market conditions. Just forget about it to be safe. TBH

I can book a 2 bedroom using cash now. Could I reserve that room as a cash room and then when my points get added to my account have them switch from a cash reservation to a point reservation?
No, sorry, that won't work. Cash & points come from two separate inventories.

Hmm, I just saw someone on this thread say they had their BCV cash reservation changed to points.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/new-dis-board-member-with-dvc-membership-aspirations.3836555/
That sounds like a "Welcome Home" reservation. DVD arranges those for people who buy their initial contract directly from Disney. DVD can pull cash inventory from Disney-owned inventory for that purpose. It's a one-time courtesy for new Members and only applies to those who have not yet made a reservation on their own.

Hmm, I just saw someone on this thread say they had their BCV cash reservation changed to points.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/new-dis-board-member-with-dvc-membership-aspirations.3836555/
"...We bought in September, and we used the 2019 points for a vacation the first week in December in a 1 bedroom at the Beach Club - they were able to switch my cash reservation that I'd had for months to use points...."
1. That was 2019. 2021 is an entirely different animal.

2. That poster purchased direct points and there is a certain amount of leeway that can be afforded for a Welcome Home trip for first-time direct purchasers.

3. The OP of that post did not indicate whether there was points inventory already available when their reservation was made using their new membership, but it's possible that Member Services did little more than book what was already available for any member to book.

4. Typically, there is no crossover between cash inventory and points inventory but in rare instances (such as the case in #2), cash inventory can be clawed back by Member Services. Using newly purchased resale points to replace a cash reservations is not one of those cases.

I am thinking about buying some sleep around SSR points and use them at Aulani this Christmas. By the time the contract closes, it will be well within the 7 month booking period. What is booking availability like the week before and after Christmas using points? Will those rooms we gone as soon as the 7 month window open?

Any suggestions are welcome!
Not many 2 bedrooms available near Christmas right now.
Not at 7 months yet. I’d expect it to be popular this year.
Some ocean view availability but standard and garden view already booked dec 23-Jan 2.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter