How far is Magnolia GC from BW

tripletvan

DIS Veteran
DH has a tee time at Magnolia & was wondering how far it was from BW. Also does anyone have any thoughts on the course? 21 days to go before we are home!

:smooth: :smooth: :smooth: :smooth: :smooth:

That's over by SOG/Poly area. I would estimate 15 minutes or so.

Thanks ! Have you ever played there? DH & DB are big golfers, both have had hole in one's at very NICE courses. DB won a Ford Expedition at Westchester CC so they are questioning my choice& I would love for them to scratch their heads & say it was a great pick!

I know it's a nice course....one of the ones they use for the pro tour in October. But, I'm not a player (yet). There are experienced golfers who post here who I'm sure can give us the rundown!

Here's some info on the course that might be of interest to the golfers.

Magnolia

The clubhouse is at the Shades of Green, and thus near MK and about 4 to 5 miles from BW and does take about 15 minutes to drive there. The Magnolia and Palm are sister courses that are used for the annual pro tournament in October. In fact, only the Magnolia is played on the Sat and Sun of that tournament and thus if your DH has watched that tournament on TV on the weekend in late October, he was watching the Magnolia). The Magnolia is the one with the Mickey shaped sand trap (on the 6th hole). Just underwent renovation (water systems, drainage and chage of some holes -- to make them more difficult for the pros but not for regular players). It is the longest course at WDW (most par fours over 400 yards and with a couple going to 440 to 460) but also has the widest fairways. You really cannot go wrong with any of the Disney courses. All are very good to play and kept in excellent shape.

Hey, tripletvan, I've finally met someone else married to a person who loves golf! When are you going? We'll be at VWL in June, and DH will be playing 3 times-once at Osprey Ridge, once at LBV, and I don't know yet where he'll play the third time-maybe Magnolia, in which case he could give you his opinion. Or else, he may try to get over to Bay Hill. If your DH hasn't been there, he might want to look into it. DH stayed there once for a week and loved it! I've got my fingers crossed-the main reason he agreed to buy at VWL was that I convinced him it was convenient to Osprey Ridge and Eagle Pines (he was home when we bought). So he'll find out in June, and I'm hoping I'm right!

Hey ladies, maybe I shouldn't give this "secret" away but.....DVC resorts are a great place to stay and then go to the Bay Hill Invitational. That's Arnold Palmer's tournament that they played last week -- Tiger Woods won. It's much more intimate than the tournaments at Westchester and many, many of the top golfers are there for Arnie and because they live in the area. I bet the golf nuts in your family would love it...and you might enjoy it, too. I know I did and hope to get back there by next year's tournament.

I looked into the Bay hill site and found no prices so thou8ght it was a members only club or that you needed to stay on site ( bay hill not disney) DH would lose it if he could play there but how ? We are celebrating his, mine.DM & DN (nephew's) while at Disney and this would be such a surprise If I could get him a tee time! Any info on how to get a tee time there
?We will be home in 22 days but who is counting!

Bay Hill is a private club but also a lodge/resort open to the public. Thus the only way to golf there is to be a member or stay on site. They do have summer packages that are very resonable that will inable you to enjoy the course.
Steve in Iowa

They also offer lessons at Bay Hill. However, I'm not sure whether they do it on a daily basis or just as part of an overnight package.

Hey, Pam OKW, DH and I both really appreciate the fact that you gave away that "secret". Sounds like a terrific excuse for another trip to WDW! And tripletvan, I'm afraid you're probably right about Bay Hill, so DH would love to hear your report on how Magnolia is. We're going to be at WDW for 6 days in June, and he wants one more course to play besides Osprey Ridge and LBV. Would love recommendations.

Look for a run down on the course provided by two "good" golfers when we return around April 23 or so. We are going home to the BW on April 14 for the first time.Over Thanksgiving we went to HH and of course DH & DS golfed while there also. The two wonderful courses were within walking distance from the beach house which worked for me!

Golfing at Disney was a big selling point for my husband. He loves to golf and I am happy to say this summer I am taking lessons! It is our dream to spend are empty nest years at WDW golfing! (and riding RnR!)

Right now.... we dont golf while down there.... Our girls are too young... 3 and 17 months. When they are older and able to particapte in the children's program, DH and I will hit the links!!

Golfing at Disney was a big selling point

Reminds me of a gruff, older Texan who was at a member update meeting many years back. The CM was telling about plans for Vero and this gentleman barked out, "If it hasn't got golf, I'm not interested."!

Vero does have arrangements with area golf courses a la HHI but is not on its own course like OKW.

tripletvan- Just fyi, make sure your DH and DB call the front desk about a 1/2 hour before they need their taxi to the course. They don't always have one waiting, so its best to give them a little time to make sure the taxi their when DH/DB are ready to leave.

(Also, just in case you didn't know, the taxi is free...)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter