How far in advance did you go for your planning trip?

Ember

<font color=blue>I've also crazy glued myself to m
We're planning a wedding for early May, 2007 and were thinking of taking a short trip to Disney World about a year prior to that (so May or June, 2006)... Is this too early? I just want to get a look at the locations, etc. before making any desicions and bookings.

When did everyone else do their planning session trip (for those who did one)?

your site visit/inspection you can do anytime before or after booking. we did our site & info trip in november 03. which helped us determine our locations & gave us an idea of pricing for what we wanted.

the planning session is once your wedding is booked with disney & can include meeting with the florist, menu tasting, finalizing all the details of your day. etc. ours is this november. custom wedding march 21st.

with intimates there is no planning session as its a package.

My Planning Session was at the end of July (2004) and my custom vow renewal was at the end of October (2004). That means I had my Planning Session three months before my vow renewal.

To read about what I went through at my Planning Session, click here. My Planning Session was a little out of the ordinary since my dinner party was held after-hours inside the Disney-MGM Studio Theme Park. That said, it should at least give you a general idea as to what to expect when you have your own Planning Session (photo/video, linens, floral, entertainment, should be similar).

Have fun planning, and congratulations on your upcoming wedding.

By the way, Ember, welcome to the Dis. I see you're a fairly new member. I hope you enjoy the Dis community. I've been a member here for years. :)

Hi Ember,
I'm excited to read your thread, for I am also planning a 2007 wedding and will be visiting for our site inspection a year prior. We are undecided between May and early November. Congratulations on your upcoming wedding!

Ashley

Hi Ember! We are having a June 2007 wedding and doing our planning session end of Nov 2006! Congrats!

Aww, thanks for the warm welcomes, all! :) And for the replies, they were quite helpful.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter