How far in advance can you purchase Disney Tickets?

lillyandlexisnana

Earning My Ears
I am new here so forgive me if I posted this in the wrong area, please feel free to move it if so. But I have a question. How far in advance of my trip can I purchase Disney Tickets and would they still be good and useable? My trip isnt until the Fall of 2012. I was wondering how soon I could purchase them and would I need the No-expiration option? Thanks!

Prices usually get raised the first weekend in August. If you can buy the tickets by the end of July, I would do it.

Just to be clear, if you buy your ticket from Ticketmania, Undercover Tourist, etc. they are not activated until the first time you enter a park and run it through the reader. Then they must be used up within 14 days. Therefore, if you buy tickets right now, they don't expire, ever ("ever" being a relative term), until used.

But also keep in mind that if you want to purchase the Dining Plan, or take advantage of Free Dining or another Package Discount that comes along you will have to purchase at least a one day ticket to qualify for the package. And some of the offers require a minimum ticket purchase that may be more than just one day. So you could end up having to buy your tickets twice.

But as others said, the tickets don't expire until after the first time you use them. So if you do buy a package with tickets then you could save either those tickets or the one you prebought. Just be careful not to use those tickets that you want to save.

Just something to be aware of if budget will be an issue.

I've begun picking ours up at time of resort check-in and having them add the Park Hopper to our room key.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter