How far in advance are people walking reservations?

ED9

Earning My Ears
Have been trying to score BWV standard studio since my 11 month window for March 2024 opened but the first day is never available. Wondering how far in advance are people walking their reservations? I have notice them being dropped off after but still unable to get the amount of days I need. Now trying for May 2024 and have been logging on every morning before 8am and the first day is still not even available to book in order to walk a reservation.

Those rooms were taken out if service for refurb for dates in January and Februaryso no one could begin booking dates until March.

But, once they came back online I think people grabbed them up quickly

Have been trying to score BWV standard studio since my 11 month window for March 2024 opened but the first day is never available. Wondering how far in advance are people walking their reservations? I have notice them being dropped off after but still unable to get the amount of days I need. Now trying for May 2024 and have been logging on every morning before 8am and the first day is still not even available to book in order to walk a reservation.

The problem with BWV standard view studios is that there is no good start date for a walk.Year round, the studios fill for any given start date within moments after 8 a.m. eastern at exactly 11 months out, or are already filled even before 8 a.m. as a result of multiple-day reservations made shortly before the day you want to start a walk. In trying to get a reservation you just need to be lucky and have your computer communicate right at 8 a.m. with Disney's computer faster than many others trying to do the same.

Some have had luck getting the reservations after 8 a.m. at 11-months out by continuously checking during the day and daily thereafter and find something may open up due to cancellations or walkers passing-by, but there is no guarantee that will happen.

yes at 8am or sometimes before 8 I’ll log on and that first day is gone. I have only found it once in the afternoon so assuming in was a cancellation but it was for april, thinking back now I should’ve just grabbed it and walked my reservation all the way to May. I’ll just keep checking daily.

This is one of the most attractive rooms for professionals because it has high rental value and good points value. It will be in demand 24/7. Good luck. I got it once for two nights.

This is one of the most attractive rooms for professionals because it has high rental value and good points value. It will be in demand 24/7. Good luck. I got it once for two nights.
Thanks. I’ve gotten it a few times without walking it but figured I may need to do it for high peak times and there is just no availability to even do it if I can’t even get the first day in order to walk it. Seems impossible right now.

My own personal experience specifically for BWV standard studio is I start about 2 weeks prior. There is usually walkers already so I choose a night that I can be up at 5am (PST) to grab rooms. Once I’m successful then I can breath easier and then just modify my reservation when I’m near my last booked date and move everything forward. Usually it’s just that first day that is missing because people are mostly walking for different days. I think for something like marathon and holidays it’ll be even tougher. My backup plan is always grab pool/garden view just in case.

If I do a walk for a room I start it as soon as I am eligible. I have been able to get a 2 bedroom value room at AKL 3 years in a row.

I couldn’t get the day I wanted for a month, so I waitlisted the days slowly. I was able to get a full week in March (17-23) via waitlist and might cancel.

So waitlisting seems to work….

I couldn’t get the day I wanted for a month, so I waitlisted the days slowly. I was able to get a full week in March (17-23) via waitlist and might cancel.

So waitlisting seems to work….
If you happen to cancel could you let me know so I can try to get it. Currently booked those days in boardwalk view but rather save the points and do standard.

If you happen to cancel could you let me know so I can try to get it. Currently booked those days in boardwalk view but rather save the points and do standard.
Yes!! I will let you know. We are deciding btwn spring break and summer; also not 100% sure my son’s spring break will fall on that week. PM me so that I have your info and will give you a heads up if we cancel!

(Standard room studio!)

Reactions: ED9
Almost wish DVC would attack the rental market on the professional side. Oh wait there are people upset about that on another thread lol.
Even if they did, there would still be members who could not get a BWV standard studio at 11 months. There aren't enough of them to satisfy the demand.

Even if they did, there would still be members who could not get a BWV standard studio at 11 months. There aren't enough of them to satisfy the demand.

And that is called a strawman fallacy.

Well because some people will drive drunk regardless then we might as well make it legal right?

No the contract is there, its in the contract, and it should be enforced. How far should they go? At minimum scrub the membership for people with same address and same name to check.

And that is called a strawman fallacy.

Well because some people will drive drunk regardless then we might as well make it legal right?

No the contract is there, its in the contract, and it should be enforced. How far should they go? At minimum scrub the membership for people with same address and same name to check.

And what evidence is out there that memberships that are in violation of the more than 20 reservations in the 12 month period are not being monitored and addressed by DVC?

People keep speculating that hard to get confirmed reservations are being done by people in violation of the rules yet no one knows that.

Even someone on FB who offers a lot of the same ones may simply be a joint owner advertising for several memberships.

While I haven’t tried to get the super hard weeks yet (first 2 weeks December, marathon week, etc), I am able to slowly get dates for the dates that I want by waitlisting 1-2 days at a time, and stalking to grab days, at the 10-11mo mark,

That being said, as a member of 12 years at boardwalk, I have noticed that it’s much much more difficult to get a std studio at the 11mo mark, now more than ever….

It's too much work for less return actually. Brokers still tend to pay by the point. You see some rentals on a nightly basis that inches the price/pt up higher but really if someone is booking standard view as a speculative rental I don't know that they are maximizing anything other than their own time to rent out points. For personal use it can absolutely be worth it though and I think a lot more people have realized that.

Looks like the point reallocation worked - May is now locked up for SV BW - going to have to wait for the walkers to pass to book.

It's too much work for less return actually. Brokers still tend to pay by the point. You see some rentals on a nightly basis that inches the price/pt up higher but really if someone is booking standard view as a speculative rental I don't know that they are maximizing anything other than their own time to rent out points. For personal use it can absolutely be worth it though and I think a lot more people have realized that.
Some resorts will not rent if it is not the cheapest view.

You will have to sweat it out until all of the SV rooms are gone on the rental site before your reservation is purchased.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter