How Far Do You Walk?

chudlyfudly

Mouseketeer
For Christmas I was given a great smart watch, which has helped me to provide endlessly irritating statistics on how many steps I might have covered (or not) each day, or my average hours of sleep for the week, or how many times I've walked up the stairs.

As you can imagine, my family have thoroughly enjoyed hearing this information on a regular basis.

As such, I though it would be pretty interesting to take it to DLP with me on our family holiday last week. We spend a total of 3 full days in DLP with an additional half day when we arrived on Wednesday and another when we left on Sunday. I thought I'd share these results with you all, as I know I've often wondered just how far I walk in Disney.

Thursday 4th: 15.79 miles
Friday 5th: 12.67 miles
Saturday 6th: 12.43

More than you imagined? Less? I was quite surprised, I thought we normally do a load of wandering around slowly, but I thought it just felt like we walked quite a bit, when actually perhaps we would have done maybe 5 or 6 miles a day.

I'd be interested if anyone else has done something similar to know their results too!

My phone tracks steps, though I'm not sure how accurate it is when it's in my purse. We were around 8-10 miles/day for our four days at DLP last week. We were staying at Hotel Cheyenne and walking to and from the parks.

My phone and watch both track steps/distance. There is definitely a difference between the 2. I take it all with a grain of salt though. I will say, though, that when going to Disney (World for me) we do a fair bit of walking more so then when at home (and not on vacation)

I went to DLP for New Year this year and did the following steps and distance tracked on my Apple Watch:

29th 16,000 7.5 miles
30th 16,500 7.8 miles
31st 25,800 12.5 miles
1st 20,000 9.5 miles
2nd 20,000 10 miles

I love all the walking - means I can enjoy a few sweet treats without the guilt!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter