How expensive is Banfield Vets?

SandrA9810

DIS Veteran
Last night a dog walked up to me in the front yard ( I was sitting on the ground working on the brakes of the car), she sorta stared at me for a few minutes, then laid down and stayed there. I noticed she was walking on 3 legs.

She's an extremely sweet dog that I wish I could keep, but I know I can't. I'm planning on taking her to the shelter in the morning (and they have a vet hospital there too). But today when I got back home, I went out to the garage and she got so excited to see me, but started whimpering horribly. I think hurt her just doing that. I've tried to help her up, and she whimpered loudly then too. I've fed her and given her water, so I'm sure she needs to go to the bathroom, but it's just too much for her to get up. She just sorta scoots in a circle with her front paws. I think most the pain is in her hips and she has no problem with me touching her legs.

The Banfield vet inside Petco is the only vet in the vicinity that's open on Sunday. I don't have an arm and a leg to spend on her, but I don't want to see her in pain. The shelter opens up at 9am tomorrow.

:sad2: This is so sad to hear. I take my little yorkie to Banfield for regular visits and they run cheaper than a couple of local pet clinics I tried. But, once you get into diagnostic tests I feel it's pretty expensive anywhere you go to. You never know what may be needed. Just take the little feller in. They will give you an accurate assessment as to how much it could possibly run. It can't hurt to take him in for a consult. Good luck.

I want to also add for a regular visit, the fee for me was around $30/35. I do not know how much xray or other tests may be :/

Banfield has a good monthly payment plan, which covers regular visits and a percentage off of other needs.

I think, like any other chain of any type, there are differences in service. I've taken our dog to Banfield since we got her 7 years ago, and our Banfield has been fantastic (although they seem to change vets fairly often). I don't have anything to compare them to, never having gone to a different vet, but they seem reasonable (and I'm cheap).

Each of my three cats have a Banfield plan, and I actively recommend Banfield to others.

The cost of the dental visits alone is reason enough! (free on my plan)

Banfield has a good monthly payment plan, which covers regular visits and a percentage off of other needs.

it sounds like you have the wellness plan? do you feel it is a good value? i'm in a dilemma because i brought my 2 cats in for a rabies shot but also to have their urine analized because one of them is randomly peeing on things. the cats held their urine all day then peed in the crate on a towel and in the office so no urine sample was gotten. now i have to bring them back to have the vet do a manual? urine sample to check for crystals. the manager gave me info on the wellnes plan which for 2 cats will be $735(28per month per cat) for the year. it is alot but i added up recheck fees, urine samples, blood work(to check kidney function) and am coming up with a guesstimate of $435?,so i'm wondering so you feel the plan is worth the cost? does it cover alot or are you finding it doesn't cover as much as you thought?
ps i really like our banfield staff. i have read alot of horror stories but have had much better luck with banfield than 3 other local vets

Why has this old thread been revived? The OP asked this question last July!

NO, NO, NO!!! I went once recently and have vowed to never go again! :furious:

I'm totally with you on this one. When I got my Basset puppy Ellie, I first went there. ( I was single and didn't have alot of money for vet bills) Well, she was spayed and they almost killed her. No kidding. They did the operation and actually had me pick her up that day. They didn't keep her for observation... nothing. I wound up staying up with her and taking her to my previous vet the next morning, but long story short, they screwed up and almost killed my little girl.

When I called Banfield corporate, they basically were hands off and couldn't do anything about it because it was a private practice. :scared1: WHen I called that doctor back, he had the attitude, "well, you didn't bring her back in, so you can't prove it was us". (I kid you not).

From that day on, I swore we would never return. I love my dogs too much.

it sounds like you have the wellness plan? do you feel it is a good value? i'm in a dilemma because i brought my 2 cats in for a rabies shot but also to have their urine analized because one of them is randomly peeing on things. the cats held their urine all day then peed in the crate on a towel and in the office so no urine sample was gotten. now i have to bring them back to have the vet do a manual? urine sample to check for crystals. the manager gave me info on the wellnes plan which for 2 cats will be $735(28per month per cat) for the year. it is alot but i added up recheck fees, urine samples, blood work(to check kidney function) and am coming up with a guesstimate of $435?,so i'm wondering so you feel the plan is worth the cost? does it cover alot or are you finding it doesn't cover as much as you thought?
ps i really like our banfield staff. i have read alot of horror stories but have had much better luck with banfield than 3 other local vets

We've used our local Banfield for about 5 years. I think even the years with just basic care, shots and dental care we've saved a couple of hundred bucks. Plus - it is so much easier to budget the monthly cost then getting socked once or twice a year. We got the kitten plan with the two girls we have now so their spaying was included as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter