How easy to visit Paris

tinker-ella

Earning My Ears
I was just wondering if anyone has done a day visit to Paris whilst staying at DLRP. We have been twice but have never ventured away from the resort, this time I was considering a trip into Paris.

Just wanted to know of others experiences, and whether it would be worth doing it. If so what is the best way to get there, we are staying at the DCR for 4 nights, so will have our own transport.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

love Kerry xx

In jan 2004 we stayed at Disneyland Hotel, and we booked a coach trip to Paris, we picked it up from the Hotel New York. Included in the trip was a boat trip on the Seine, and a couple of levels of the Eiffel Tower - we paid extra to go right to the top, we also had time around the Notre Dame area. It was a good trip and the positives were not having to worry about driving and parking in Paris, and having a tour guide most of the time. The negatives would be that we couldn't go at our own pace or choose what to do and when.

I'm planning on going in for a day during our trip. We're going to get the RER, change to the metro at Nation and from there it depends on what you want to see in Paris. We will be going on line 6 in the direction of Charles de Gaulle Etoile, getting off at Trocadero to see the Eiffel Tower. You can walk to the tower from there and there's a boat trip you can take on the Seine from just beside the tower.

I'm planning on going in for a day during our trip. We're going to get the RER, change to the metro at Nation and from there it depends on what you want to see in Paris. We will be going on line 6 in the direction of Charles de Gaulle Etoile, getting off at Trocadero to see the Eiffel Tower. You can walk to the tower from there and there's a boat trip you can take on the Seine from just beside the tower.

There is no need to change at Nation.You can stay on the RER to Charles de Gaulle Etoile and then take the metro from there.

I agree the best way is to get the RER train in rather than the coach trip as then you can do what you want. You can get a mobilis ticket for 13E - a return from DLP and unlimited use of metro for that day.

We have done several trips to Paris from DLP and there is info in my TR from Easter 08 when we did 2 seperate day trips there

That's great, thank you very much.

A small world, I will take a look at your review, thank you.

xx

Just wanted to know of others experiences, and whether it would be worth doing it. If so what is the best way to get there, we are staying at the DCR for 4 nights, so will have our own transport.

We have been into Paris for the day twice ~ the first time we did a hop-on hop-off bus tour which was good.

I see you have your own transport but would advise you driving to DLRP then catching the RER from there, from what others have said it will be much less stressful than driving into Paris.

By the way, your ticker is looking good. :thumbsup2

There is no need to change at Nation.You can stay on the RER to Charles de Gaulle Etoile and then take the metro from there.

I'm chosing to change at Nation so DS has a decent length trip on the metro, I know it will take a bit longer.

You'll like this story,

when we were at paris about 5 years ago, we were coming out of the train, but we were the last off, but the doors closed on us and... we wer locked in!

about 5 mins later, after standing there saying' what do we do?' the driver came and took us back to the station!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter