How Early to Call TRex?

MyGirlLovesTink

DIS Veteran
On the 180 day mark, I tried to make a reservation for T-Rex, but all they had for dinner was 9 pm. Kind of late for us. I know I can call and probably get anytime, but how far in advance should I call. It seems like 6 months in advance may be a bit too early to call?

You did not ask for an opinion, but I would take the "no reservations available" as a blessing and choose another restaurant altogether. Way to many excellent food options at Disney Springs to settle for TRex. The place just is not worth the effort.

Contact the restaurant directly. They do not put all their tables into the Disney system so they can accommodate those who belong to the loyalty program.

You did not ask for an opinion, but I would take the "no reservations available" as a blessing and choose another restaurant altogether. Way to many excellent food options at Disney Springs to settle for TRex. The place just is not worth the effort.

On the opposite side, I love T-Rex. My favorite restaurant on Disney property. To each their own.

T-Rex only releases a set amount of tables to book through Disney, you're better off calling the restaurant directly. You should have a better variety of reservation times that way. I would call as soon as you know when you want to eat there-having a reservation early is also better, in my opinion.

You may also want to look into the Landry's Select Club.

I second the suggestion to look into the Landry's Select Club. It's $25 to join, but you get an automatic $25 to spend the first time. And they also give you $25 for your birthday month - which, if you're not celebrating your birthday the month they go, they don't need to do that! Just put a fake birthday in that coincides with the month you're at Disney.

You don't need a reservation with it either - just walk to the desk and show them, they'll seat you first (usually ahead of reservations). It's great.

We love T-Rex - my youngest son is a dinosaur fan. I'd call them whenever you'd like - they should be able to take the reservation up to 6 months in advance. That said - I just called them for a reservation 2 weeks from now and was able to get the time of our choice. Enjoy!

We were at Disney right before Christmas, ended up having more time at Disney Springs than we anticipated so we didn't have a reservation but decided we wanted to try T-rex for dinner. It was a Saturday night, but still were able to get a table no problem. We just put our name on a list and then walked around while we waited for our time to come. It didn't take long!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter