How early should we be in Gatwick for Virgin Atlantic?

Rasmus Faber

Earning My Ears
Hi,

I am writing this from our hotel-room near Gatwick. We are leaving tomorrow with Virgin Atlantic for Orlando and Disney :cheer2:

Any advice about how early we should be at the airport? The plane departs at 1 PM and we have done online checkin. We don't have anything planned for tomorrow, but of course we would prefer not to spend more time at the airport than necessary.

Thanks,
Rasmus.

They say be there at least 3 hours before for international flights. Me personally, we will get there for 10-1030. At least when you are there, through security and waiting for your flight, you wont have any other worries. :cool1:

Thats me personally. I know what you mean by waiting around but for me, Im there, a little closer to the magic :wizard:

Our flight is in another 20 days at 1pm :banana:

So have a great time, and enjoy yourselves :dance3:

you must fly out the day after us lilybee!

we fly thursday and we live an hour away from gatwick, we leave home around 5am get there for 6am. I am a nervous flyer so like to be there in plenty of time so I dont panic even more

Even though you've done OLCI, I would still leave at least 2-2.5 hours. You've got to do bag drop and from Gatwick there are any number of VA flights that depart within an hour or so of each other, so it can get very busy in that area.

You also need to get thru security, this can take anything up to half an hour, then you must check which gate the flight is leaving from - again this can take 20mins to get there via walking and monorail!

Don't forget the shopping and duty free stops, as well;)

Have a fab holiday:banana:

Even though I do OLCI we get there 3 hours before (we also like to book a lounge and get the mosu out of it :lmao:). I get slightly anxious in airports so like to get there nice and early.

We will be on the 1pm Virgin flight next month and are aiming to be out of our Yotel pod by 10am :thumbsup2

Thanks for all the fast replies. We will probably go for three hours before, then.

We flew out from Denmark, so for us the "magic" started already today, but I can understand Lilybee not minding leaving early to get started on the trip.

Thanks for all the fast replies. We will probably go for three hours before, then.

We flew out from Denmark, so for us the "magic" started already today, but I can understand Lilybee not minding leaving early to get started on the trip.

Its the best way to do it. Once your through security and in departures all you have to do is get on the flight. Simples ! :3dglasses

Again, have a magical time :wizard:

i might swing by, depending on how much of the parks we've managed by then!
we're staying at SSR too!

loads to see/eat/drink at gatwick after you have checked in so no need to worry if you are early
happy hols
john

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter