How does PhotoPass works?

*I'msoooBelle*

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone,
Could you explain to me how the PhotoPass system and process works at DLP?
  • Are there many PhotoPass photographers all through the park taking pictures in different spots?
  • What about with meet and greets?
  • Do you get a card and then present that card to be scanned by the photographers?
  • Is there like a 1-day special rate that covers all pics?
  • What are the similarities and differences between the PhotoPass process at WDW and DLP?
Thanks in advance for the insight! Have a great weekend!

I try to answer your questions. We had a PhotoPass+ for the first time in January.

• Are there many PhotoPass photographers all through the park taking pictures in different spots?
I have to say no. We did not see any through the park taking pictures from the guests. But you can get Onride Pictures with this pass from RnRCoaster, Tower of Terror, Pirates of the Caribbean, Space Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain and Buzz Lightyear Laser Blast​
There are some photographers but not at all meet&greets. There are some at the Princess Pavillion, Meet Mickey Mouse and there was one at the Vaiana Meet&Greet inside the studios.​

• Do you get a card and then present that card to be scanned by the photographers?
Yes​
I think no...never heard about that.​
  • What are the similarities and differences between the PhotoPass process at WDW and DLP?
Can´t help you with this question, because I never visit WDW yet. :sad:

They sometimes have photographers in front of the castle (we saw them on our last 2 trips, in January and last weekend), but oherwise they're the only ones I've ever seen around the park

I try to answer your questions. We had a PhotoPass+ for the first time in January.

I have to say no. We did not see any through the park taking pictures from the guests. But you can get Onride Pictures with this pass from RnRCoaster, Tower of Terror, Pirates of the Caribbean, Space Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain and Buzz Lightyear Laser Blast​
There are some photographers but not at all meet&greets. There are some at the Princess Pavillion, Meet Mickey Mouse and there was one at the Vaiana Meet&Greet inside the studios.​

Yes​
I think no...never heard about that.​
Can´t help you with this question, because I never visit WDW yet. :sad:

This information is super useful, thank you!! :thanks: I hope you make it to WDW soon, sending pixie dust your way!

They sometimes have photographers in front of the castle (we saw them on our last 2 trips, in January and last weekend), but oherwise they're the only ones I've ever seen around the park

Thanks a lot! I'll be taking my own camera then.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter