How does EE compare with Universal's Revenge of the Mummy Ride?

pixie57

Earning My Ears
I've read many of the posts about EE and motion sickness, and watched the video on youtube.com. I really want to try it...but am still unsure. I did the Revenge of the Mummy ride at Universal a couple of years ago...and was "petrified" during the backwards rollercoaster part. Has anyone (who is prone to motion sickness) done both? Your thoughts? Thanks! :banana: :cheer2:

I have done both, I think if you can handle the mummy you will be fine with EE. Have fun!

I have been on both many times and I would say the backwards part on EE is a little less intense than Mummy. The effect is similar, however. EE is a little smoother - less sharp turns. The ride vehicle makes a difference also. Mummy is a shorter vehicle and EE is a longer train. The atmosphere on Mummy is louder than EE by design. However I am a thrill ride junkie, not prone to motion sickness so neither bothers me.

I am prone to motion sickness. I cannot do the Scrambler, Tilt O Whirl, or other carnival rides likes those.

I get a little dizzy on EE, but it wears off in a few minutes. I enjoy it a lot. If I were you, I would try it.

I also enjoy Mummy. It seems to be a little jerky, but I honestly like it more than EE.

As a comparison, I once did Mission Space (the original version) and was sick for hours. Afterwards, I spent about three to four hours in Innoventions, sitting. Thankfully, my son loves Innoventions, so he had no problem with me sitting, while he checked things out. Now that Mission Space offers two versions, I tried the easier version and love it.

I have never gone on the Mad Tea Party or Primeval Whirl. I think that I would get sick on both of these.

I have been on both many times and I would say the backwards part on EE is a little less intense than Mummy. The effect is similar, however. EE is a little smoother - less sharp turns. The ride vehicle makes a difference also. Mummy is a shorter vehicle and EE is a longer train. The atmosphere on Mummy is louder than EE by design. However I am a thrill ride junkie, not prone to motion sickness so neither bothers me.

the backwards part of the Mummy lasts about 3 seconds, its just a quick dip and its over...EE has a LOOONG backwards section thats very fast, so I have to disagree.

Thanks for all of your responses. I wore the sea bands and concentrated on relaxing. The ride was very fast, but tolerable. Knowing about the backwards uphill run really helped. I did not get the stomach-sinking feeling that I did on the Mummy. Best of all, I got to enjoy the ride with my family...the first time for all of us! :banana: :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter