How do you pronounce Caribbean?

Pugsley

DIS Veteran
CaRIBbean or CaribBEan ?? I’m just wondering which pronunciation is more popular. I’m strange because I pronounce it different ways depending on how I’m using it. It’s CaRIBbean Beach Resort, but it’s Pirates of the CaribBEan.

I pronounce it the second way. CariBEan

Pirates of the CaRIBbean and CaribBEan Beach Resort for me LOL

It's one of those words that I change according to my mood. Most of the time I saw Care rub be un. But sometimes I say it fast and say Carribbean.

i usually say caRIBbean, but i also say pirates of the caribBEan. :confused:

The CaRIBbean Islands, CarRIBean music, CarRIBean food, CarRIBean Cruise, CarRIBean flare, the CarRIBbean Beach Resort, but Pirates of the CaribBEan because that's what others call it????

:confused: :p

After studing my speach, I discovered I say it two different ways also. It's Pirates of the "Care rah Be an" and "Ca RIB be an" Beach. I wonder why???

Merriam Webster has it pronounced as only kar-&-'bE-&n, with the \&\ as a and u in abut. I've used both, though.

That is so weird about lots of us wanting to say Pirates of the CaribBEan! I think I learned it that way when it first opened in Disneyland, so I guess I’ll always say it that way.

I honestly do both and I have no idea which I do more often or if I say it the same way for PoC all the time or not :confused:

HAHA that is SO funny...I pronounce the ride and the hotel differently as well. I never realized that. LOL Too funny!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter