How do you not go crazy.......

softballmom3

DIS Veteran
waiting on ROFR lol! I had debated purchasing OKW direct and ended up having an offer accepted @ SSR. Paid $128 per point but seller is paying 2021 dues so in reality I think it brings the price down to around $121 a point. The DVC guide we have been talking to emailed this morning to let us know about the price increase and no way we will hear from ROFR before it goes up. I guess I just need to get busy and quit thinking about it (easier said than done!!).

Our offer was accepted on 6/2 so we have been in ROFR for almost 3 weeks. I am a first time buyer (160 AKV points) so the only way I've been able to handle everything is when I started the process I told myself it would be a 90 day process. I wont take a trip until Feb at the earliest so it's been ok. Normally I'm the type of person where once a thought pops in my head I act on it and want the job completed asap. This has been pretty smooth so far. out of sight out of mind I guess. Good luck with your ROFR

We purchased our 3rd resale contract in early June. With our other 2 resale contracts (pre_Covid) Disney took the full 30 days for ROFR. This one (110 points @ Poly at $170 a point) it passed in like a week.

I'm just going crazy waiting to hear that that the seller signed her part and that it was sent to ROFR at this point lol I keep stalking my email just so I can officially have our clock going lol

We were lucky in that the seller was signing the contract right when we were. They sent it to ROFR same day.

I've bought resale before (and sold dangit) so I know the process but doesn't make it any easier lol!

sweat equity. I like it 😂

We were lucky in that the seller was signing the contract right when we were. They sent it to ROFR same day.

I've bought resale before (and sold dangit) so I know the process but doesn't make it any easier lol!

sweat equity. I like it 😂

I bought resale back in 2015 so this isn't my first rodeo either lol while waiting I decided to check back to see what my timeline looked like back then and low and behold back then it even took a few days for the seller to sign and for the contract to be sent to Disney for ROFR. I just can't help but wonder why they haven't signed yet lol you'd think they'd be anxious to get the process rolling at this point lol

I bought resale back in 2015 so this isn't my first rodeo either lol while waiting I decided to check back to see what my timeline looked like back then and low and behold back then it even took a few days for the seller to sign and for the contract to be sent to Disney for ROFR. I just can't help but wonder why they haven't signed yet lol you'd think they'd be anxious to get the process rolling at this point lol

Our offer was accepted within an hour, but then it took 6 days for the sellers to sign the contract so it could go to ROFR. I felt like we were waiting for the waiting to begin! I also thought they would want to get the ball rolling, but apparently not. It's been about a week now, so I figure we have at least 2 more before we hear anything.

I somehow managed to not go crazy waiting for ROFR (which took 21 days this time around, so much faster than when I was buying last year!), but I confess I'm going stir-crazy waiting for Estoppel/Closing (12 days and counting...). Now that I know the points should be mine, I want it done!

As much as it pains me to say this, but try to stay off these boards while waiting for ROFR! Since all you can do is wait, try to keep DVC out of your mind. You asked how to not go crazy... my advice is to just forget about it for a few weeks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter