• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How do you know???

sftnslky

**May every day be filled with Magical memories**
If your cabin is Port or Starboard side?

Look at the deck plans.

If your cabin is on the left side (top if on the official site as the forward part is facing right), you're port. If not, you're starboard.

Ok I just took a look at the ship layout for the Dream and the Fantasy. The best way I can tell you is if the room number is lower than 500 (say less than 8400 on deck 8) than it most likely is on port. If it is 500 or higher (say higher than 8500 on deck 8) then it is starboard.

Edit: FYI I just checked the Wonder and this pattern follows.

Cabin numbers on all the DCL ships follow a logical pattern. They are all 4 digits long with the first digit being the deck number. The second digit will be either a 0, 1, 5 or 6. The 0's & 1's are port side, while 5's & 6's are Starboard. The last two digits are assigned sequentially from the front (bow) to the back (aft or stern) of the ship. :teacher:

Cabin numbers on all the DCL ships follow a logical pattern. They are all 4 digits long with the first digit being the deck number. The second digit will be either a 0, 1, 5 or 6. The 0's & 1's are port side, while 5's & 6's are Starboard. The last two digits are assigned sequentially from the front (bow) to the back (aft or stern) of the ship. :teacher:

No big deal but just a slight correction to this in that the Dream/Fantasy can have a 5 digit long number as the decks go higher than 8 which is on the Magic/Wonder so the first 1 or 2 numbers would refer to the deck.

No big deal but just a slight correction to this in that the Dream/Fantasy can have a 5 digit long number as the decks go higher than 8 which is on the Magic/Wonder so the first 1 or 2 numbers would refer to the deck.

Good point!

Thank you so much for all the quick responses. Figured out we are Port side. So my next question is.. When the shoot off the fireworks what side of the ship will they be on, and what side of the ship pulls into dock at Castaway Cay? :)

Fireworks are off the Starboard side of the ship.

Most of the time (but not always) the ship backs into CC so the Starboard side has the better view there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter