How do you know which dummy cruise to book?

kristieboyd

Mouseketeer
What criteria do you use when booking a dummy date? Do you research online before you leave to find the cheapest one possible, do you book for a time when you might want to go, a certain type of room, etc?

We cruise in 2 weeks and want to have all of my ducks in a row. I'm sure we're going to be DCL hooked by the end and ready for another! :thumbsup2

Just tell the person at the Future Cruise desk that you want to book a dummy date. They will find you the cheapest and farthest out date and stateroom they can.

My wife and I took a Sept eastern cruise on the Fantasy. Went to the cruise and they booked on a Nov 2013 3 day cruise with a deposit of $100. My TA at AAA received notification before we arrived back home two days later. We just changed it to a Western curise on the Fantasy for Feb 2014 and got the same room we had before.. Our TA did all this for us. Its a long wait.

I like to search on DCL's website approx 1 week before sailing to see which dates will give me the lowest deposit. I do this just in case there's a long line at the future cruise desk so I'll know what date to write on the postcard to put in the drop box.

I always do a 3n in Sept(not Labor Day) or Oct in an 11c. those are the cheapest months to cruise so your deposit will be the cheapest.

For a dummy cruise, you would want to book the latest possible one. Today, that would be the last week in August 2014 - 3 day dream, one passenger. Deposit should be about $100 or less..

We booked a dummy cruise earlier this week. lady at the booking desk handled everything and she booked us on a 3 day cruise end of Aug 2014 in an 11c cabin. Deposit was $94. We can change to any cruise that has availability and any cabin type.

Ok, I have a question...you can book just 1 person & then add more later? Does the 10% apply to the total cost when you actually find the cruise you want?
Also, since you are booking a 1 person, are you charged with the increase or does it just make sense to at least book 2 people?

Ok, I have a question...you can book just 1 person & then add more later? Does the 10% apply to the total cost when you actually find the cruise you want?
Also, since you are booking a 1 person, are you charged with the increase or does it just make sense to at least book 2 people?
Yes, the 10% discount applies to the total pre-tax cruise cost, and the deposit amount will increase if you move the booking to a more expensive cruise. Since the single supplement is now 200%, there isn't much difference in the deposit amount for 1 person vs. 2 people.

What is the advantage to booking onboard? New to disney.

thanks

I just asked this question recently. The answer is a savings of 10%. When you decide on an exact date (if you book a dummy date online just to get the discount) then you'll save 10% of the total cost of that cruise. So for a $5000 cruise, you'd save $500.

J

If we book a cruise while on board, am I right that we then couldn't take advantage of any KSF options or other discounts? I'm pretty sure but just want to double check.

J

Hi:goodvibes
When we booked our "dummy cruise" in June 2012, we asked for a dummy date late 2013. At first we were quoted a December 2013 cruise but I had done my homework and it was more than I thought I needed to pay for a dummy booking. Only then I asked what category he'd quoted us and it was like a 5c or something - not the cheapest category at all. He said "But that's what's left on the December 2013 date that we're using for dummy bookings." :headache: So I told him that we wanted a dummy booking in the cheapest category for the lowest price - and we didn't care if it wasn't December. We ended up with a September date. Moral: know approximately how much the cheapest fare is, and make sure you get it!:thumbsup2

We just told the CM at the desk that we wanted to sign up for a cruise and we knew that we would be changing it in the future to a 2013 date when they were posted. We also told him we knew it would be a seven night western Caribbean cruise. So he had us sign up for the very last date available on the calendar at that time for a western cruise.

We actually had to change it twice, once when the 2012 dates came out and again to the date we wanted once the 2013 dates came out. Less than a year to go :cool1::hyper::banana::woohoo::yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter