How do you handle laundry on 7day cruise?

jaletu2000

<font color=deeppink>I am a DISneyholic...<br><fon
I know there is a laundry service and machines available. But what do you commonly do with your laundry on a 7day? Do you bite the bullet and just wash clothes midway - or do you wear stuff over and over (unless soiled of course :goodvibes ) and do laundry when you get back?

We went on a 3 day and this wasn't a problem. I did the wash when we got to the resort after the cruise. I washed out our swim suits daily and hung them up - very messy task. I just don't want to take time from pleasure to do such a mundane chore, BUT --- When I think of having to lug all that unwashed laundry, it gives me the hibbie-jibbies! :rotfl: We have two teen sons who manufacture laundry for me. One of them changes twice a day!

Any tips? NO, really, I have to take the teens along.... :rolleyes:

for a 7 night we pack enough to avoid laundry .. on the 14 night we packed enough to cover 8-10 days and actually did laundry about 4 days into the cruise before the laundry rooms were overrun by everyone wanting to do laundry.

It is your choice; we usually do single loads during the cruise to keep up. We like the staterooms that are near the laundry facilities for that reason.

Usually the best time to do laundry is on port days. We usually go on an early excursion so the ship is not to capacity when we get back in the early afternoon.

The worst time is prior to formal and semi-formal night. Everybody is running around trying to find an iron so it gets very busy while people stand in line outside the laundry. :p

On our first cruise we were in the middle of an almost 3 week trip. We stayed with family before & after and went to WDW for a couple days before the cruise. Since I didn't want the dirty clothes to sit for that long I did a couple loads of laundry on Wednesday morning when most people were off the ship. On the past 2 7 day cruises I have just loaded up the luggage on Tuesday & Thursday night with the dirty clothes from the hamper. It made packing to leave very easy. :)

jaletu2000 said:
We have two teen sons who manufacture laundry for me. One of them changes twice a day!

Any tips? NO, really, I have to take the teens along.... :rolleyes:

:rotfl2: :lmao: :rotfl:

I have two teen DDs I can feel your pain. Boy can I. :rolleyes2

We brought enough so as not to worry. Did it all when we got home.

I wear my socks inside out which is good for two days. Same thing with underwear and undershirts.

Nah, I just throw clothes as I wear them. Leaves soooooooooo much more room for souveniers.

I do a couple of small loads early in the morning, midway through the week. I try to stay out of the laundry the last two days of the cruise.

Poconoboatniks

We pretty much live in our bathing suits the whole day. Dress for dinner and maybe the show (depending on how much fun we're having). Then run and change into casual for the clubs. Bring two bathing suits and do the sink-clean method. Bring some febreze to get more use out of things worn for only an hour.

We did the 7-day a year ago with two teenage boys and I didn't do any laundry. Of course, I probably overpacked...no, I know I overpacked! I brought half of the clothes home unworn. The boys lived in their swimtrunks and t-shirts or tanks and sandals. I washed out swimsuits by hand and hung them in the shower at night. We all showered before dinner so the boys only wore their dinner clothes for a few hours and then I (yes, I) hung them up and they wore them at least another evening. I just find it easier and more relaxing to just throw the dirties in a laundry bag, put it in a separate suitcase and do them when we get home. Enjoy the cruise and unless you really like doing laundry, don't!
:wave2: Linda

I didn't want to bring 7 days worth of clothes even for only 3 of us! I did laundry about half way through the week. Definitely on port days is better. DD did spend a lot of time in her bathing suit and dressy clothes were not worn long enough to be dirty with one wearing so we too wore them twice, thus reducing the number to pack.

TheWog said:
We brought enough so as not to worry. Did it all when we got home.

We don't like to check luggage at the airport so we pack light enough that we only bring carry ons. The small downside is that we must do laundry which I don't mind at all. Of course the plus side is we don't a mound of laundry to do when we get home.

justmestace said:
Throw it overboard! :teeth:

Sorry, couldn't resist! :guilty:

DCL prohibits this! DCL could be fined. You could be fined. :eek: And what if your unmentionables ended up on someone else's balcony below and were found by a jealous spouse residing in that stateroom. :rotfl: You could be responsible for destroying a perfectly unstable marriage! :lmao:

I plan to smuggle my dirties off the ship with my forbidden fruit and attempt to trade them for knock off purses. :rotfl2: Why? Because I will NOT do laundry on vacation! I will NOT do laundry on vacation!!!! Ok, I'll probably end up doing laundry on vacation no matter how much I overpack because I don't like wet/damp stuff hanging about the stateroom or stinking up the hamper. :sad2:

KimberlyC said:
DCL prohibits this! DCL could be fined. You could be fined. :eek: And what if your unmentionables ended up on someone else's balcony below and were found by a jealous spouse residing in that stateroom. :rotfl: You could be responsible for destroying a perfectly unstable marriage! :lmao:

I plan to smuggle my dirties off the ship with my forbidden fruit and attempt to trade them for knock off purses. :rotfl2: Why? Because I will NOT do laundry on vacation! I will NOT do laundry on vacation!!!! Ok, I'll probably end up doing laundry on vacation no matter how much I overpack because I don't like wet/damp stuff hanging about the stateroom or stinking up the hamper. :sad2:

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

I'm glad someone enjoys my weird sense of humor......

and TheWog, too.......

We change a couple time a day, too. But if the clothes aren't dirty or stinky, why can't I wear them again?

DH has 2-3 pairs of pants and a couple dress shirts that are mixed and matched for dinner. I have sundresses that are compact once folded.

I bring one pair of sandals and one pair of dressy shoes in black or brown. That means all the clothes have to match the show color chosen, but it's easier than lugging around shoes.

Shorts and a T can be reworn, as can PJs.

KimberlyC said:
You could be responsible for destroying a perfectly unstable marriage! :lmao:

Tag Fairy!!!!! Are you listening?

Having a family of 6 everyday is a ton of laundry and teenaged girls are at least as bad as teenaged boys.

I hated the time wasted on laundry on our trip. NEXT TIME I'll tell the girls if they want it washed they do it!!!

I'll do 2 loads a few days apart of whites. BUT 2 loads will be my limit. MY DH does not sleep in. I will assign him this duty at @5:00AM next time too!!!

Buddy Bear said:
We don't like to check luggage at the airport so we pack light enough that we only bring carry ons. The small downside is that we must do laundry which I don't mind at all. Of course the plus side is we don't a mound of laundry to do when we get home.

C'mon Jeff, that shirt you wore to dinner 6 nites in a row got kinda gamey! Are you SURE you washed it?

Just kidding!

If you hang around with the crowd that drinks alot, they don't notice that you wear the same clothes to dinner!

:rotfl: :lmao: :rotfl2:
Willie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter