How do you find scrapbookers in your area?

pfishgirl

In Loving Memory of My Son 5/6/09
Hi, :wave2:

I am trying to find a group of people whom scrap on a regular basis in my area, and so far No luck.. I have found ones 50+ miles away but I don't want to travel that far.. I have loked in Datebooks in Local newspapers, Libraries and even on the web.. but nothing !!!! :confused3 Are you in a group? How do you find each other?? I already looked for meetups.com and even they had nothing close by..

Thanks,

I went to a LSS (which happens to be 15 miles from my house) and took a few classes-- even though it was something I already knew (basic stamping) and a holiday card making class. I met a few ladies, and we all began talking, and now we meet up at each others houses, or plan on meeting at the LSS when no classes are going on (can use the room for free if nothing is happening there), and sign up for classes at the LSS together too. I still end up driving the farthest, but its worth it to hae people who have Scrapbooking and other things in common with me.

Hi, where on the Jersey Shore are you? I am in Central NJ (Freehold area) and I have a group that meets at least once a month.
Franne :)

Franne said:
Hi, where on the Jersey Shore are you? I am in Central NJ (Freehold area) and I have a group that meets at least once a month.
Franne :)

I am in Ocean County near Toms River, same exit for Seaside heights, exit 82 of the GSP...

Try looking here. I haven't gone to any of their meets in PA but one of these days I would like to go.
http://scrapbook.meetup.com/
Also do a yahoo search in the groups. I belong to a PAscrappers group and that is a great resource!

Before dinner I asked about Jersey groups on the PA Yahoo group Spinning mentioned. Here are a couple replies:

"have her search for SJScrappers (South Jersey)
NJScrappers (All of NJ)
JerseyGirlsGoneScrappin is another one
JerseyCrops (crop info)"

"Deb, there are two groups. One is SJScrappers - alot of members are very close to central jersey also. But SJSandscrappers is consisted of shore areas more so than the first."

I hope this helps!

Thanks All...
I did try meetup.com but no luck..
CM is good but I feel bad if I don't buy supplies..
My local craft stores don't offer scrapbook classes..
The local scrapbook supply store only has enough room for 6 people and they have no openings for months..

I never knew it would be so hard to find a group that meet once a week or month :guilty:

Debbie...
ummm did you just send me an email from the PA scrapper board? I sent on to a person on there telling them it was too funny to see this ?? since someone on the DIS was asking the same thing!
This person emailed me back and said they never heard of the Disney information station...which this place is!
Now is it you!??!?! :rotfl2:
Spinning...

Spinning said:
Debbie...
ummm did you just send me an email from the PA scrapper board? I sent on to a person on there telling them it was too funny to see this ?? since someone on the DIS was asking the same thing!
This person emailed me back and said they never heard of the Disney information station...which this place is!
Now is it you!??!?! :rotfl2:
Spinning...

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:
I'm sitting here literally laughing so hard DH is looking at me like I'm insane! Yep, that was me....someone already had taken Piratesmate when I signed up for their email. I thought you knew it was me - after I figured out that it was you that sent the email by your email, not your screen name.

I always thought the DIS just came from abbreviating Disney! I had no idea that those letters actually mean something!! :confused3

Too funny! :rotfl: :rotfl:

now that is funny! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
atfirst I didn't give it anythought when you replied it wasn't you. Then as I was reading I thought wait a minute it has to be the same person! Then when I checked your email and saw pirate in it.....

Learn something new every day. I thought DIS was just an abbreviated form of Disney too!! :) :)

piratesmate said:
Before dinner I asked about Jersey groups on the PA Yahoo group Spinning mentioned. Here are a couple replies:

"have her search for SJScrappers (South Jersey)
NJScrappers (All of NJ)
JerseyGirlsGoneScrappin is another one
JerseyCrops (crop info)"

"Deb, there are two groups. One is SJScrappers - alot of members are very close to central jersey also. But SJSandscrappers is consisted of shore areas more so than the first."

I hope this helps!

SJScrappers (I'm a pending member)
the SJSandScrappers is actually SSJSandscrapers but they are way too far from me, almost 2 hours..

I also just started my own yahoo group. I have no members yet, but I am hoping there are others out there like me looking for loacals. It's called OceanCountyNewJerseyScrapbooking

I'll look into the others as well.. thank you

pfishgirl said:
Thanks All...
CM is good but I feel bad if I don't buy supplies..

I never knew it would be so hard to find a group that meet once a week or month :guilty:

Most CMC's charge a small fee, do you don't have to feel bad about not buying anything. You will probably find that 95% of people at CM events are using other materials as well.

I went to a CM sponsored overnight crop this weekend, and of the 5 women at my table, 4 were using mostly non-CM things.

This particular consultant doesn't care at all (and she was #7 in sales in the entire company this year, #1 in the past). IMHO, if a CMC is going to be successful, they have to be open to other materials.

did you check with a local church group? or library?? maybe ask a staff member at the local craft store?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter