how do you decide your ps's?

uktigger

me and my mouse havin fun together!
hi all:wave:

my dh does not want me to plan our next trip millitary style:rolleyes: he want's us take it easy and not rush,so my plan was to make my ps's for every second day of our trip(we are going for 2 weeks in october)and plan on visiting the nearest park on that particular day
so back to my question:D how do you plan your days?do you decide on your meals first and then plan what park or do you plan your park first then your meals? i look forward to any advice you can give me::yes::

thanks eve::MinnieMo

I used to plan every meal, but for our trip coming up, we only have PS for dinner. We plan what parks on what days first. Then we pick the restaurants. We always want to try some place new, so now we choose by process of elimination. We have PS for the parks as well as a few different resorts on non-park days. We chose Boma's at AKL for the day we do AK since that park closes at 5:00 when we are there next week.

In general I plan my park itinerary according to what EE days we want to do and which ones we want to avoid. Then we usually know what restaurants we want to eat at, so I try to work them into our schedule from there. Sometimes I have to do a little juggling to fit everything in right.
We usually do 1 sit down meal a day, but sometimes it works out to 2. We also do some sit downs that dont take PSs(ESPN, Beaches & Cream) so we arent locked into exact times on those ones, but we know what days and approximately what time we want to eat there.
Good luck & happy planning.

My personal opinion is it depends on when you're going as to when you have to plan and how much planning you're doing. If it's an off time, I've been told, you should decide by that morning. If it's a character meal (b,l, or d) in July you need to call at exactly 90 days out to get your desired seating. But even for July I was able to make some lunch arrangements today. It seems that many people prefer to only PS a dinner.

I've walked into a sit down restaurant for lunch at Epcot during spring break. And I've wait over an hour for dinner.

We plan our park days first.....using EE (if we had not planned a late night the bight before) and then going to the quietest park....ro we just go straight to a park that's likely to have the lowest crowd number.

We have left 3 - 4 family choice / rest / shopping days.

We then planned our PS's by reading up on all the places we would like to try and eat and try to work them into the park schedule. Me, DW and DD all list the places that we want to eat and then pick the ones we all agree on and ad a few others on from individuals lists

We have made lots of PS's (imporatant ones like CRT, Fantasimic and Hoop Dee Doo) and other ones for breakfast, lunch and dinner. We have even made a PS to have the kids in a kids club, whilst we have a romantic meal at Jiko and a PS for the California Grill so we can watch Wishes from the 15th floor of the Contemporary.

We average 1 or 2 PS's a day.

There is no way we will use all the PS's we have made, but we like to be comforatble in the fact that we have a reservation available if we need it.

I hate going to a restauratnt on spec and then being told it is an hour or two to wait for a table or even worse that they are full.....and then having to go to a restaurant that we don't really want to visit!

We do the same at DLP..... there is nothing better than walking past a queue of people standing outside Cafe Mickeys waiting for a table and going straight to the podium to get seated straight away.

It involved a hand full of darts. And the next time I ask my daughter to hold up a list of restaurants she'll probably refuse.

We only make PS's for lunch at Liberty tree in MK, and sometimes a restaurant at MGM. There are sooo many wonderful counter service places at Epcot in the World Showcase and AK has two places we like-(counter) Flame Tree is one. You can spend a forutne eating at WDW (and we have!),, the trick is to get good food at counter & it iS possible with reading these boards and going to DebWillis's menue site.

We dont want to be a on strict sch but still want to have atleast 1 nice sit down meal a day. We planned our parks then picked a place that would fit in.
here is a sample of our ps/meal plans. Breakfast (B), Lunch (L) and Dinner (D)
Day 1 MGM B-conceirge lounge, late lunch Sci Fi
Day 2 MK B-concierge lounge, L-Whispering Canyon, D-counter
Day 3 Golf guys B-lounge L-ESPN; ladies and kids waterpark L-counter, All D-CM then Wishes cruise
Day 4 Epcot B-lounge, L Garden Grill, 8pm Illuminations cruise
D-undecided
Day 5 AK B-lounge, L-Meal plus vouchers, D-Prime Time MGM
Day 6 MK B-lounge, L-undecided want CP but its our departure day and we leave at 4:30 so maybe just quickie counter service for more time to ride rides.
Hope that helps you some.

hi:wave:
thank you all for taking the time to reply::yes::
like a few of you have suggested i'll try and pick my parks first then make a list of the places we all want to eat at and go from there:D we also don't want to spend fortunes on food so we more than likely do just one sit down each day, i have a couple of places in mind
we are going in october, is this classed as an off time
once again thanks for your replies:D

eve::MinnieMo

Since there were 10 of us, I planned the PS's for dinners first, then we worked the park days around that. With a 20-month-old, we did mostly plated meals, but we did go to Cape May and Rainforest at AK. She's not frightened by anything, loves Rainforest, adores the characters, but we did go for restaurants that are casual and that we could plan to get out within her patience span. She'll be nearly four when we go back (YES! I'm going BACK!), so I can look a little farther afield.

what is the website to debwillis? thanks Diane

I just made my tentative itenerary about an hour ago.

The way I plan is:
Parks first
Extra-curricular activities second
Breakfasts/Dinners third.

I have two small girls and I need to see how the day is scheduled before deciding on where to eat. I don't want to schedule a meal somewhere nice on a day that is busy and my 13 month old will be crabby because of the busy day.

After I make the iteneray I give it to my DH w/ a pen and tell him to write anything on the margains on what he may want to add or remove. Eventually, the final draft will be made 90 days before we leave so we can make those PS's.

What we do is each family member (4 of us total) chooses a restaurant of his or her choice. Then we work those into our schedule and make PSs. The rest of the meals are usually on a whim. It seems to work our well for us!

Karen

hi karen:wave:
thats a good idea::yes::i know my youngest son wants to eat with pluto, eldest dosen't care as long as he eats:rolleyes: and as for my dh he just keeps saying "you know what i like to eat" so it look like all the eating choices are left to me:rolleyes:

thanks for you input
eve::MinnieMo

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter