How do you countdown for Disney trip?

justplaingoofy

DIS Veteran
I know in the past there was a thread on this, and thought it might be fun to get a new idea or two...

To countdown for our trip:

#1 I make hidden mickeys by using black construction paper and cut out a bigger circle for his head, and two smaller ones for his ears and then decorate them. I also but descending numbers on each of them. Every day I hide one until we are down to 0. Ex. Day 14, put one on the mirror in the bathroom, Day 13 on the rearview mirror of my husbands car, in the shower, my favorite one was on the inside lid of the toilet so when he raised the seat to pee, there mickey was :woohoo:

#2 paper chains with numbers on each one and everyday take one down.

What are your ideas?????

I keep an erase board on my fridge and I keep the countdown there by months right now. My dd marks the days off of her calendar in her room. On every month of my purse calendar I have @ the top of each month 6mos till Disney, etc. It's fun counting down.

I have been making 2 printouts of my countdown clock in my sig, and cut them out and fold so they sit up and about once a week I put them on my DD's pillows....since they are 20 and 22, they think Mom is nuts! :crazy:

I just print #'s with a disney sticker or disney jpg on a piece of paper and place it on the refrigerator.
Each morning the kids and DH know how many days we have till disney.
I start at day 12 and count down from there.
Our last day - day 0- has a picture of the WL and the dates we will be there !

These are great ideas, everyone!! Anyone else have creative countdown ideas?

I forgot to mention I purchased a countdown clock.. Its the type that people use to countdown for a baby, or retirement, etc...
I found a company that sells blank ones and went to the craft store & bought some scrapbooking stuff to decorate it..

I can't believe Disney hasn't made one of these yet... Between DisneyWorld, DisneyLand & Disney Cruises I'm sure they would sell like hotcakes! :woohoo:

I would find it difficult to pee if mickey was staring up at me from the toilet!

I just post here on the DIS the first thing every morning and look at my Ticker.

I then wake DW and DD to how many days left.

We just hit 7 days for our next trip and 6 months for our X-mas trip .

Just last week, I printed off calendars in microsoft word. I decorated them with Disney fonts and clip art. For June, I did Cars graphics, July is Mickey & Goofy scuba diving and surfing and August I have Tinkerbell and the castle. I have a Mickey head punch and punched out a bunch of black heads. Each day, the kids have been gluing on a head. On the last day, I have a castle punch out in gold already glued in place. So far it has been a hit!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter