How do stuff work at disney world?

Why, what do you think they're going to do with your address besides send you the book? People on this site are trying to help you despite the fact you don't seem to want to do much legwork yourself. Accept it or stop asking for help.

Look back. A very generous poster is offering to give you a guide book; you just need to provide shipping information.[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]The people here never cease to amaze me! That's a very kind, generous offer[/QUOTE]

I don't mean to be rude or anything, but if someone just random asked for your address, would you really give it to them seriously. honestly who would EVER give someone they don't know their own address.[/QUOTE]

His grammar seems to have gotten alot better in the last couple of posts.
Hmmmmmmmmm :scratchin

Folks, come on. The age of the OP is not relevant, and we don't require people to study before they ask questions on the DISboards. If you don't care to answer a question, then just move on to a thread that's more to your liking.

As long as posts are in keeping with the DISboards guidelines, any and all questions on Disney resorts are welcome here, no matter how basic, and no matter how many people have asked them in the past. :)

OP, go ahead and ask all the questions you like! :thumbsup2

Thnx A lot

Why, what do you think they're going to do with your address besides send you the book? People on this site are trying to help you despite the fact you don't seem to want to do much legwork yourself. Accept it or stop asking for help.

But who looks on here. ANYBODY will be able to look on here and pick up my address from here, and do something with it.

A previous poster said you can't take your own luggage with you if you're on Magical Express. That is not entirely correct.

Yes you can take your own luggage. If you put the Magical Express luggage tags (the yellow stickers) on your bags then you won't see them after you check your bags at the airport until they are taken to your room. BUT...we never do that. I don't trust that my bags will all arrive safely. If the airline loses a bag or if Disney loses a bag you have no way of knowing if it was lost at the airport or by Disney. We never put the DME luggage tags on our bags. We collect our luggage from baggage claim in the airport and take them with us to the bus. They go in the baggage section under the bus and go with us to our resort. The driver unloads the luggage and you have to take your bags over to luggage services if you want them to take the bags to your room for you.

The original poster stated they were arriving from somewhere in Orlando and not the airport, so Magical Express will not be available to them for arrival. You'll have to take a taxi, town car service, or some other form of transportation.

You can schedule Magical Express from your Disney resort back to the Orlando airport though.

Danny K said:
I don't mean to be rude or anything, but if someone just random asked for your address, would you really give it to them seriously. honestly who would EVER give someone they don't know their own address.
You're not being rude, and I understand your skepticism. But this is the DIS, and there are some amazingly generous people here. If I posted surprise or dismay at the price of a guidebook and somebody here offered to send me one, I'd trust them. I've privately given my address to several people over the years - and nobody's ever done anything bad to me :).

Okay I will just purchase the guide and book then to help me.

When is your trip?

With how many posts you have, I am not sure why you haven't been able to see or learn from anything or anyone else with all those questions.

like half the others said, buy a book or go to the library. They have so many books you can even go through without checking them out. Disney isn't that difficult of a place. If it was, then no one would want to go. Everything is basically labled and self explanitory. You can even call Disney and ask them the questions, even though, some Cast members may say something slightly different.

Bottom line is you are going to learn from experience and want to go back to see what you didn't get to see. unless you have a few weeks planned, you wont be able to do everything all at one anyway.

Other threads. He's had a lot of questions on the Restaurants Board, and at least once there stated he's from another country.

That makes total sense. No wonder he has so many questions and has some grammar 'issues'. I'd hate to see what I would write in any foreign language.
My apologies to Danny K.

CraftyMommy said:
I don't trust that my bags will all arrive safely. If the airline loses a bag or if Disney loses a bag you have no way of knowing if it was lost at the airport or by Disney.
Off-topic, I know - but when the airline misdirects DME-tagged luggage, Disney acts as your agent tracking it down and delivering it to you. This allows the guest to begin the vacation as quickly as possible, instead of first waiting for the carousel to stop, then lining up to file the claim for misdirected luggage, actually filing the claim.

Stop by the Transportation Board for more great Magical Express information!

But who looks on here. ANYBODY will be able to look on here and pick up my address from here, and do something with it.
I think maybe you misunderstood when she told you to PM...private message. It doesn't show up in threads like these.

A previous poster said you can't take your own luggage with you if you're on Magical Express. That is not entirely correct.

Yes you can take your own luggage. If you put the Magical Express luggage tags (the yellow stickers) on your bags then you won't see them after you check your bags at the airport until they are taken to your room. BUT...we never do that. I don't trust that my bags will all arrive safely. If the airline loses a bag or if Disney loses a bag you have no way of knowing if it was lost at the airport or by Disney. We never put the DME luggage tags on our bags. We collect our luggage from baggage claim in the airport and take them with us to the bus. They go in the baggage section under the bus and go with us to our resort. The driver unloads the luggage and you have to take your bags over to luggage services if you want them to take the bags to your room for you.

The original poster stated they were arriving from somewhere in Orlando and not the airport, so Magical Express will not be available to them for arrival. You'll have to take a taxi, town car service, or some other form of transportation.

You can schedule Magical Express from your Disney resort back to the Orlando airport though.
And now you have put out bad info. Anyone, arriving at MCO, can use DME. As long as you are at the airport, it doesn't matter how you got there. YOu may have arrived the previous night and spent the night at a nearby hotel. Or, someone may have dropped you off there, after spending time elsewhere in Orlando. You can still use DME. As long as you have made a reservation and you are using it on, or after, the day your resort reservation starts, you get to ride the bus. Your bags will go beneath the bus though...you don't get the luggage delivery service!!
Now, I'm not sure if the OP is going to be dropped directly at his resort or not. I assume that is the case.

As far as not using the luggage delivery service?? I use it all the time and have never had an issue. The only issue I have had with DME??? The one time that half the buses occupants felt the need to bring their checked bags with them, to the bus. It took a lot of addtl time, at each resort stop, to take out the luggage and hand it off to the proper person...especially since the driver didn't want to miss an opportunity for a tip. Multiply that by 2 or 3 and you have a lot of sitting on the bus for those of us who allowed Disney to move our bags.Took me an addtl 20 mins to get to my resort...of course that had to happen the one time I was the last stop!!!!

I think maybe you misunderstood when she told you to PM...private message. It doesn't show up in threads like these.

I did misunderstand, but still people can hack on here, and also I have had a lot of bad experiences with giving random people my address. Anyway I already purchased the book, and the dvd.

I did misunderstand, but still people can hack on here, and also I have had a lot of bad experiences with giving random people my address. Anyway I already purchased the book, and the dvd.

Sounds like you've got the everything covered. Hope you have a nice vacation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter