How do Moonlight Magic Sign Ups Work?

Swimmergirl

DIS Veteran
Can anyone tell me how to register for a moonlight magic event? We are looking at going to the Epcot one in December. The dates have been posted, but registration isn't open yet. So...

1. How do you find out when the registration opens? Is there an easy way to find out without checking the dvc website all the time?

2. Any idea of about when to expect it to open?

3.How quickly do you need to jump on it? Do you usually call, or is registration done online?

Thanks!

1. How do you find out when the registration opens? Is there an easy way to find out without checking the dvc website all the time?
You'll need to keep checking the event page LINK. It will also most likely be posted on these boards once it's announced.

2. Any idea of about when to expect it to open?
Probably 2 or 3 months prior to the first of the Epcot events. The upcoming MK events started booking on 12/1/2016 with the events being held on 2/24/2017 & 3/3/2017.

3.How quickly do you need to jump on it? Do you usually call, or is registration done online?
It took a little over a month for the upcoming MK events to book out. Registration is will be done online only.

Last year for the MK event, DVC had people calling into MS.
For this year's MK event, you had to go online and reserve your spot.
The dates for the EPCOT's event to reserve/book your spot have not been released. Based on last years and this years MK events they open up those booking dates about 60 - 90 days before hand. So you are looking at a Sept or Oct booking time frame.
As soon as someone on this board finds out they will post them.

I hope on line will be available for July's event. We'll be on DCL's East bound Transatlantic in May!!

We want the Typhoon Lagoon event on July 5th and I keep checking the darned website every few days. Such a pain to have to do all the time.......I wish they would say when the events will be available...but then I guess everyone would call and I'd end up like the Soarin' tour debacle - 45 minutes on hold to find out it's all booked up. :sad2:

(We also want to book a RoL dining package for July 2nd and they just stopped the availability at June 30th so I have to check for that to open every day now too.)

Another question if OP doesn't mind:). If we have 2 rooms booked with our points for family and friends are we be able to include both rooms when booking one of these events. Will be a total of 11 people.

Another question if OP doesn't mind:). If we have 2 rooms booked with our points for family and friends are we be able to include both rooms when booking one of these events. Will be a total of 11 people.
Each member can book up to six people including themselves on booking day or the max number of people allowed in each room (IE: 2 bdrm - 8 reservations, GV - 12 reservations).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter