How do I track the Balloon Ladies?

PeppercornElvis

Earning My Ears
Hi there! One of the fun things for me in my first and only Dopey in 2020 was to track one of the balloon ladies while I was running. It was fun because I managed to stay ahead of them, lol!

At any rate, it was really useful to get the text messages telling me where the one I was tracking was on the course, so I knew how much of a lead I had. Have any of the balloon ladies for this year's races revealed themselves and are okay with being tracked? If so, does anyone have the info we'd need to track them?

I saw in a Facebook group that one of the typical ones for the marathon (Molly, I think) is not doing it this year and the person who posted said they knew who they were but didn’t want to give names for some reason.

I doubt he is on this forum but just in case..... i actually met Dennis Holler before heading to my corals. one of the nicest guys I've ever met. I was so anxious about the sweep and he took time out of his prep to have a nice chat with me reassure me there no worries and just explain bits of course and race etc and for a newbie like me that was just the perfect tonic i needed. Like i say, one of the nicest guys I've ever met... Dennis, if you are on here (Or if somebody knows Dennis)... THANK YOU!

Someone set up a Twitter feed during Marathon weekend, and I just checked that whenever I found myself a bit stressed about my pace. 😊 Hopefully it will be updated for future races.

Search Twitter for @balloontrackers

If you can't get the balloon ladies, you could also try tracking the last of the pacers. For the marathon, that's 7 hrs. Based on @DopeyBadger pacer listing, Dennis Holler is 30991 and Scott Wolosyk is 30990. For the half, Susan Maloney is 48089 and Jaye Reed is 48030.

they bib numbers will be different, but Dennis and Scott are the 3:30 pacers for the half for princess.

We tracked Dennis during MW but @TheExpert was smarter about it and also tracked herself so the time stamps could be compared and no math/remembering when we crossed a timing mat happened.

they bib numbers will be different, but Dennis and Scott are the 3:30 pacers for the half for princess.

We tracked Dennis during MW but @TheExpert was smarter about it and also tracked herself so the time stamps could be compared and no math/remembering when we crossed a timing mat happened.
That's why she's The Expert....

(Cue the dramatic music and "coming soon to a theater near you")

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter