• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How do i reserve housekeeping

Cinderella

DIS Veteran
Am thinking for the upcoming trip that we may want a little extra mousekeeping than just trash and towel. Does anyone know how we go about reserving this - or do we just ask at check in? Thanks

I'm also wondering about this. Also...I've read in other posts that the cost is $25 per day...is that correct? Or does it depend on what type of room you have? Or the number of people in your party?

It's $25 per cleaning for a studio. $30 for a 1 bedroom, $40 for a 2 bedroom, $60 for a grand villa. Extra trash & towel $10, regardless of size.

You can let them know at check-in or call housekeeping from your room to schedule a cleaning.

I would probably wait until you think you need one to call. We really enjoy the fact that we don't have to worry about mousekeeping coming in every day. You might find you feel the same way.

dianeschlicht said:
I would probably wait until you think you need one to call. We really enjoy the fact that we don't have to worry about mousekeeping coming in every day. You might find you feel the same way.
ITA. Since we really don't mess up our room very much, and we never make a big dent in the stack of towels they give us, we much prefer the limited mousekeeping. It's a trivial annoyance, but after coming back from a long morning at the parks, it's really a bummer to see the mousekeeping cart parked in front of our room....

I know what you mean - i find having mousekeeping coming in a big nuisance too. We'll wait until it gets messy then call them!

that is probably a better solution.

I don't like people in my room when I am not there....

You will need to schedule by calling them in advance. When I called to switch around our full cleaning and TT day, I was told 24 hours. They still did it for me though. This was at SSR.

Cinderella said:
I know what you mean - i find having mousekeeping coming in a big nuisance too. We'll wait until it gets messy then call them!

1) You normally need 24-hours notice for a full cleaning.
2) They can bring towels "usually" when called.

Here is the way it usually works at BWV since we usually get daily housekeeping. When we reserve we request daily housekeeping and it is put on our reservation. When we check in we make a note of bringing up the subject to assure it is being taken care of and the front desk CM notes that it is in the system. When we get to the room, we call housekeeping to make sure they are aware of the entry. The next day comes and we return to the room at 5 and discover that no one has come to clean the room. We call housekeeping again and the first thing we are told is that daily housekeeping is not included with DVC and you have to order it and it is an extra cost. We calmly inform the CM that we ordered daily housekeeping. The CM checks the housekeeping system and says we are not in there. We ask to be put in there. They offer to send someone to do it in the evening and we say we will just wait until the next day but make sure we are not charged for the day we missed. The next day we return to the room at 4:30 and no one has shown up to do the room. We call housekeeping again and get a repeat of the same spiel about daily housekeeping not being included. In my head, I count down from 10 to prevent myself from saying something that might get me sued. I then calmly explain what had happened the day before. We are again put in the system and they offer to send someone to clean now. We accept this time and room gets cleaned. Not above hoping that a bribe will work, we give the room CM that comes a $5 tip. Thereafter, everything is fine from the next day forward.

I know this is the process because it has happened to us the last 12 times we have stayed at BWV and despite my sending letters about my mild disagreement with the current system, it has remained the same.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter