• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How Did You Find the Dis Network?

I found you 16 years ago when we moved to Florida. Then I forgot my username and the username(s) I tended to use back were no longer in the user list or found by searching, so I had to start all over again.

I found the boards on Allears. Someone there mentioned this as a great resource. After that I was hooked. I started with the podcasts when they began airing in video and now watch just about every week. Usually on Wednesday afternoon as Tuesday I'm busy being "Nana" to my grandson. I've been to a handful of DIS meets ( Delaware, Hershey and Richmond).

I started with insidethemagic. I loved Ricky's blog. He took a longer-than-expected break and I looked for a new podcast. Then I found Be Our Guest, which is also very enjoyable.

So, I kept searching for new podcasts and stumbled upon DisUnplugged. I had been a big poster on the DisBoards and never even knew it existed. I love DisUnplugged because Pete and the team keep it real and speak their mind. It's not all about painting Disney in the perfect light. If they disagree with something, they vent their opinion—and I always appreciated that.

I love DisUnplugged because Pete and the team keep it real and speak their mind. It's not all about painting Disney in the perfect light. If they disagree with something, they vent their opinion—and I always appreciated that.

Agreed, I've received many useful tips and information because of objective dynamic they bring. People have been giving Pete and the new guy Charles some flack lately in the YouTube comments because of their opinions. A ton of other podcasts and YouTube channels give off the feel of just being a brochure, but I've always respected the way the Unplugged crew calls out Disney on their b.s. To me that is the hallmark of a true fan, you love something so much you want it to improve and don't shy away towards your feelings. I can always appreciate the crew's approach to their business.

Hmm...I think I was trying to figure out some kind of obscure fastpass plus thing, and the trail of bread crumbs led me here. I got curious about the podcasts and I watched a few- I like the pop culture stuff and some of the hijinks.

But a good portion of the stuff Pete and his team says is nonsense or obscure stuff that only someone who cares a lot more about the Disney corporation than I do would care about.

Mostly...honestly, I'm here for 5% news, 10% debate, and 85% cheap entertainment. And I'm usually only here when I'm waiting for new info (pandora or the reopening of the rivers at DL) and I'm toying with the idea of planning a trip. Y'all know the dirt first.:worship:

Agreed, I've received many useful tips and information because of objective dynamic they bring. People have been giving Pete and the new guy Charles some flack lately in the YouTube comments because of their opinions. A ton of other podcasts and YouTube channels give off the feel of just being a brochure, but I've always respected the way the Unplugged crew calls out Disney on their b.s. To me that is the hallmark of a true fan, you love something so much you want it to improve and don't shy away towards your feelings. I can always appreciate the crew's approach to their business.

When you say it like that, I definitely agree. I get kind of sick of the crew's speculation and sometimes I just flat out think Pete's rants are hot air. But I respect that they are essentially on the ground in location on regular basis and I really do like that they call out Disney. They aren't selling you the Utopia of the WDW commercials which is definitely refreshing.

While planning our first family trip in 2010 I went googling around for touring advice and information about trip planning. Voila. I fell in love.

I actually found the site years ago, when the first trip I was doing the planning for went from a group of four to a group of.... one. I found the solo/Disney for Adults board and reading through it gave me alot of comfort and encouraged me to keep my trip and honestly? Going alone was awesome and probably the most relaxing trip I've ever had.

It wasn't until late last year after I got a new phone that I discovered the podcasts, and I've shifted from listening to watching them - love the show and all the videos, and I'm shocked I never ran into the channels before!

Someone on an LGBT-centric forum I post on linked to the episode discussing the Pulse shooting and I watched that episode. Then went back and watched a bunch of old episodes and I was hooked

That was a very powerful episode.
Agreed! I STILL break down when I even THINK of it, forget trying to WATCH it! And I try to remember to send "hug Tweets" to Ryno every now and then, just to let him know somebody out here remembers, and cares about him. :) :)

I found the WISH boards when Googling for Disney Marathon Weekend information and that lead me to the podcast. I had gone to WDWinfo before that but didn't realize they were connected until a few weeks later.

I was looking at WDW videos on You Tube and stumbled across it. I've been a loyal listener ever since.

I read about the forums several years ago in a guidebook, and I've been off and on the boards since (mostly lurking...I didn't even make an account until several years after the fact). A few months ago, I decided I should check out the podcast, so I started working my way back from newest to oldest. Once I reached January 2015, I decided to just kind of pick through and listen to segments I found intriguing. It's definitely been an interesting way to listen to the podcast, but I've really enjoyed listening and "getting to know" the team; I definitely have my favorites though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter