How can you tell in advance if the ship is full?

diz4me

Mouseketeer
Hi all!

Just wondering if there is a way to monitor how full the ship is becoming for a particular sail date. I am scheduled on the 11/15 Eastern , and would like to know how things are looking. I know things could change a lot before we sail, but maybe there is a way to check it out?

Thanks!:cool:

No, not really! :) You can keep checking via DCL's online booking and see if certain categories are filling up but there really is no accurate way to tell in advance how full the ship is.

Well, our sailing for 5/17/03 was showing quite a bit of open categories a few weeks before sailing, but once we got to the port we found it was completely sold out!!! Even the CM's were surprised because that week in May typically is not a busy week.

MJ

Of course, DCL tries to sell every stateroom on every cruise. They charge less during slower periods to increase demand.

I doubt it really makes much difference to passengers' cruise experience if the staterooms are 90% sold or 100% sold.

Thanks, all. I was just fantasizing about a November, half full ship with twice as many people available to wait on us, with twice as many counselors to play with our kids and two deck chairs for each of us, not to mention unlimited babysitting slots at Flounders!

Nice fantasy, eh?

We are not big fans of crowds and chaos, but hear that of all the cruise lines, Disney manages them best, so we are hoping for a great, stress-free time!

If May was booked solid for MJ, I am sure we will find the same in November.

Thanks for the excellent answers!

peg

diz4me....I think November would be less crowded than May in general. Alot of schools get out in May but in November most schools are in session.

The only crowds we encountered this trip was in the Atrium each night waiting for pictures with the characters or different backgrounds. The atrium was always busy, especially from 7:30 to 8:30. I would suggest to anyone who wanted pics with to get themselves dressed a bit earlier and make it to the atrium at 5:30 or so...the photographers are all set up with hardly anyone waiting in lines. There is a board in the atrium that lists when all the characters will be available and where they will be located. They added some new backgrounds as well since our trip in January.

The characters are placed everywhere, at least 3 different lines in the atrium, and about 2 or 3 lines up on Deck 4 as well.

MJ

Diz4me: I noticed you are on the 11/15 cruise as are we...there are actually a great group of folks from this board on the cruise and we have a long string of messages out there somewhere and Alex has created our own web site where people have put down their family stats etc. It's fun knowing that there are others out there planning for this trip along side of you. I'll try to find the message and bump it up to the top of the board and you can join in and introduce yourself if you want! Jo

Quote:
Thanks, all. I was just fantasizing about a November, half full ship with twice as many people available to wait on us, with twice as many counselors to play with our kids and two deck chairs for each of us, not to mention unlimited babysitting slots at Flounders!

Just had to say... Dittos!!!!!!!!!

That is also MY idea of a DREAM cruise!!! :p LOL!!!!!!!!

I would love info on the webiste devoted to the 11/15 cruise. I have checked out the 11/15 thread, and added my name, but admittedly, have followed through. If you have the info, please post!

Thanks!

I just bumped our thread up to the beginning of the forum (it was started by Cathy-Jesse) I think within the messages, alex gives the details of his site. Here is the URL: http://cruise.alexandjessica.com/. There is a password required to get in to see the family data. Alex can supply you with that. So join in on our thread and the preparation excitement!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter