How can this year possibly get better? LET'S GO TO WDW!!- A 10-Day November 2021 TR- Updated 9/26/23!

Day 1, Part 3- Saturday, November 13th, 2021

After our spin around Test Track, we decided to check out the new Club Cool! Mom and I loved Club Cool in the past and were so excited when the new facility opened. We had to wait about 15 minutes to get in, and while in line, I checked the MDE app and saw that our room was assigned!

We were so excited to check out our view later! This was our first time paying for a preferred view and the thought of looking over at the Boardwalk and Epcot for 9 nights had me GIDDY!

Our reservation for BWV was actually two continuous reservations- one for 11/13- 11/15 and the other for 11/15- 11/22. Luckily, we made sure to check at the front desk and they assured us that this would be our room for the entire stay.

I also managed to catch this picture of a mannequin from the old Mousegears in line and send it to Jake (I think it’s called Creations now? It will always be Mousegears to me.) Jake is an audiologist and I knew that he would be so happy to see hearing aid representation in the Disney parks :)

Finally, we were in!

These were our choices…

A bit different than years prior! Of course, I tortured my Mom and made her taste the Beverly (she hates it, but I don’t mind it!) My favorite was definitely the cucumber Sprite, it was so refreshing! We both HATED the soda from the Philippines- YUCK!! It tasted like salty fruit! I gagged and almost spit it right back out!

Overall, we thought this spread was okay, but I miss the sodas from years past. Bring back Melon Fanta and Inca Kola!!

We peeked around in Creations for a bit, but it was kind of a madhouse in there. This trip, we were on the hunt for some 50th merchandise for Haley to thank her for driving us to the airport (she also picked my mom up after her flight back).

My mom was excited to get her first real glimpse of Disney Christmas decorations!

To round out our rides for the day, we decided to take one last flight on Soarin’! The wait time was 40 minutes, and we ended up waiting just about that long. We decided to wait for B1, which was so worth it!

We had a 7:45 PM reservation for Biergarten, and it was 6:30 by now, so we made our way over to World Showcase.

We loved the new lights on Spaceship Earth!

We took a left once exiting Future World and headed over to Mexico, looking at the shop inside. We almost rode Gran Fiesta Tour, but decided to take a peek at some other countries instead.

Our second stop was China, as evidenced by this terrible photo :)

The food at Nine Dragons smelled soooo good… we were starving at this point and ALMOST decided to ditch our reservation at Biergarten and eat here instead! But, we held strong and carried on.

We stopped in Germany to grab some caramel corn from Karamel Kuche (my Mom’s favorite)! I also got a chocolate-covered caramel s’mores treat.

Then, we looked at some candles in the shops in Italy and checked out Mitsukoshi in Japan before it was time to head back to Biergarten for dinner. I almost bought some mochi in Japan and vowed to head back for it later in the trip. Spoiler alert- it never happened :( One day, I will get it!

There was a huge family of probably 15 people at the check-in counter for Biergarten and they were making a SCENE! Apparently, they didn’t make any ADRs for their giant family trip and needed a place to eat RIGHT NOW. I felt so bad for the check-in lady, she was a saint! We breezed right past them and sat down right away for our dinner. I had eaten here once before with my college roommate, but it was Mom’s first time here!

This is probably my favorite pavilion around Christmastime. It feels so festive!

To drink, Mom ordered a Schofferhofer grapefruit beer and I ordered some good old fashioned root beer! Not long after, the show began! Mom was so surprised as she had no idea this restaurant had live entertainment! She also loved how it looked like we were outside in an actual outdoor biergarten.

The show was so cute! I loved when the bell ringer came up on stage. About halfway through the show, Mom and I couldn’t stand it any longer and got our plates. We were famished! Here’s my plate:

Beer cheese soup, roasted potatoes, pork schnitzel, mac and cheese, sausage, meatballs, and two pretzel rolls.

The food was amazing but soo rich. The early morning definitely caught up to us and we were TIRED! All of the cheese and carbs didn’t help either ;) My mom is 50% German and we are from Wisconsin, so we definitely have high expectations for German food (especially beer cheese soup). I’m happy to say that it delivered and everything was delicious!

We split a brownie, blueberry cobbler, and some apple strudel with vanilla sauce for dessert. I was so tired that I didn’t even get a picture- rookie mistake!

We did have some entertainment during this meal. There was a young couple (probably in their early 20’s) eating right behind us, and I was directly facing them. The girl was dressed up and wearing super cute Minnie ears, and asked her boyfriend to take a picture of her holding up her stein of beer.

WELL.

It took about 20 minutes for the boyfriend to take a perfect picture. Every time he took another one, she would huff and say “No, that looks bad, take another one.” I felt SO bad for the boyfriend, she was being so rude and snippy to him and would make him stop eating his meal to take more pictures!! I am not exaggerating when I say that he was taking pictures of the exact same pose for 20 whole minutes. I couldn’t help but watch- it was so cringey! If I did that to Jake, he would abandon me in the middle of Epcot before I could say “Prost!” :)

AA64BA1A-C7DB-4E06-8318-6AFC492999BC.gif

Overall, it was a great first meal! Mom always likes trying new places while in Disney and really enjoyed Biergarten. We were sooo sleepy, but we had one last stop before heading back to BWV- Harmonious!

Hi, We're Wisconsinites' too. We've never eaten at the Bier Garden at EC. It looks like a great and fun experience. We'll have to check it out next time we go to WDW. I still remember fondly the good time we had at one of Munich's great Bier Halls at the end of a month-long mountaineering trip we participated in back in 1990. My DW is on the right, holding up her liter of beer.

Last edited:
Thank you! :) Ahhhh....how I wish I could be back there now! It's currently one degree in Milwaukee :(
Brrr! You are even colder than we are in southern Ontario. We are -14 C right now which is 7 F. Too cold for this girl!
We were so excited to check out our view later! This was our first time paying for a preferred view and the thought of looking over at the Boardwalk and Epcot for 9 nights had me GIDDY!
Beautiful!!
We had a 7:45 PM reservation for Biergarten, and it was 6:30 by now, so we made our way over to World Showcase.
I have never eaten there but might have to try it.
Apparently, they didn’t make any ADRs for their giant family trip and needed a place to eat RIGHT NOW.
What??? Do some people not prepare at all for such an expensive trip??
It took about 20 minutes for the boyfriend to take a perfect picture. Every time he took another one, she would huff and say “No, that looks bad, take another one.” I felt SO bad for the boyfriend, she was being so rude and snippy to him and would make him stop eating his meal to take more pictures!! I am not exaggerating when I say that he was taking pictures of the exact same pose for 20 whole minutes. I couldn’t help but watch- it was so cringey! If I did that to Jake, he would abandon me in the middle of Epcot before I could say “Prost!” :)
I feel sorry for that BF too...some girls are special friends!

Bring back Melon Fanta and Inca Kola!!
Melon Fanta isn't there!! I don't even think I want to go now.

The food was amazing but soo rich. The early morning definitely caught up to us and we were TIRED! All of the cheese and carbs didn’t help either ;) My mom is 50% German and we are from Wisconsin, so we definitely have high expectations for German food (especially beer cheese soup). I’m happy to say that it delivered and everything was delicious!
I went to Biergarten on New Years Day a few years ago but I was so tired and it was so crowded I didn't really enjoy it. I need to give it another try.

It took about 20 minutes for the boyfriend to take a perfect picture. Every time he took another one, she would huff and say “No, that looks bad, take another one.”
May we never be THAT girl. Although I've already accepted the fact I look terrible in every picture I take so 🤷‍♀️

Happy day(nighttime actually ) reading your trip report.
Cuteness twins Can we all be grandma to them ?
Be sure to keep us posted with more pics and I want to know about all future trips with the twins too ! Did I say so cute and sweet ?
Haha thanks for posting.

Hi Molly!!! Happy New Year. Loving day 1 (and 0) of your trip so far and all the mother daughter time. Sure hope my daughter will still wanna do Disney with me when she gets older. And cracking up at all the Lorism's. Certainly sounds like me with too little sleep (or too much :drinking1 ) :rolleyes1 We stayed at Boardwalk last month but on the Inn side so curious to see what you Villa experience is like.

The Lorisms remind me of my mom too :rotfl: . I'm one of 4 kids and when we were little, she'd try to call one of us and call us everyone else's name before our own lol.

Your meal at Biergarten sounds delicious. My sister and I ate there once and our tablemates were clearly not thrilled with the shared seating so it put a damper on the meal. I'd like to try it again!

Just gotta warn you: a Disney trip with your bf might lead to some bling. Just ask my wife. We got engaged 2 months after our trip in 2019.

Enjoying it so far! Can't wait to read the rest. I've been lucky enough to have a mother / daughter trip too and so happy for the memories.

i don't read trip reports often but somehow I stumbled on this today. It is FUN! I am captivated. Thank you for writing all of this. I can't wait to read more. I are going to Disney world for my first time in November and i can't wait. It'll be me and my husband and our daughter, who will be 12 by then and my in-laws. My mother in law absolutely has her Lori-isms! ha ha
we are doing 10 nights: 6 at Port Orleans Riverside in royal room and 4 at The Beach Club. Your report is making me even more excited than I already am.

Loving your trip report!! Your stay at Boardwalk is making me so excited for our upcoming stay at BCV in March!

Hi, We're Wisconsinites' too. We've never eaten at the Bier Garden at EC. It looks like a great and fun experience. We'll have to check it out next time we go to WDW. I still remember fondly the good time we had at one of Munich's great Bier Halls at the end of a month-long mountaineering trip we participated in back in 1990. My DW is holding the liter of big on the right.
View attachment 636747

Hi!! Small world :) I have a lot of Wisconsin pride, but the winters here are BRUTAL! Thanks for sharing the picture, I love it!! Haven't made it over to Germany (or even Europe), but it looks amazing!! World Showcase will have to settle for now ;)

Brrr! You are even colder than we are in southern Ontario. We are -14 C right now which is 7 F. Too cold for this girl!
Beautiful!!
I have never eaten there but might have to try it.
What??? Do some people not prepare at all for such an expensive trip??
I feel sorry for that BF too...some girls are special friends!

It's been absolutely freezing all week!! Jake and I are off to Vegas on Wednesday so I am VERY excited for some warmer weather! Biergarten is great. It used to be a family-style dinner where you would sit with another family, but it's single-party seating now due to COVID. It was nice just being us two, but I still managed to get some stories out of the evening ;)

Melon Fanta isn't there!! I don't even think I want to go now.

I went to Biergarten on New Years Day a few years ago but I was so tired and it was so crowded I didn't really enjoy it. I need to give it another try.

May we never be THAT girl. Although I've already accepted the fact I look terrible in every picture I take so 🤷‍♀️

I wish they sold bottles of Melon Fanta! They have Pineapple Fanta here but it's definitely not the same! Biergarten is fun but definitely not the best when you're tired, haha, it's too rowdy! And girl same, I never like pictures of myself LOL!

Happy day(nighttime actually ) reading your trip report.
Cuteness twins Can we all be grandma to them ?
Be sure to keep us posted with more pics and I want to know about all future trips with the twins too ! Did I say so cute and sweet ?
Haha thanks for posting.

Thanks for reading and the kind words! :) They're the best!!

Hi Molly!!! Happy New Year. Loving day 1 (and 0) of your trip so far and all the mother daughter time. Sure hope my daughter will still wanna do Disney with me when she gets older. And cracking up at all the Lorism's. Certainly sounds like me with too little sleep (or too much :drinking1 ) :rolleyes1 We stayed at Boardwalk last month but on the Inn side so curious to see what you Villa experience is like.

Hi Kari!! Thanks for popping by :) You and Casey have to do a mother-daughter trip soon- she's getting so old!! My mom DID have a Jack and Coke on an empty stomach so that definitely added to the word finding as well, haha!

We really enjoyed our stay at BWV, it was perfect with our touring plan and there is so much to do around the resort area!

The Lorisms remind me of my mom too :rotfl: . I'm one of 4 kids and when we were little, she'd try to call one of us and call us everyone else's name before our own lol.

Your meal at Biergarten sounds delicious. My sister and I ate there once and our tablemates were clearly not thrilled with the shared seating so it put a damper on the meal. I'd like to try it again!

Haha, my mom does that with me and my sister too! She's even called me by our dog's name before, LOL!

It's definitely better without the family style seating. When my friend Morgan and I ate there in 2019, we sat with a nice family so it wasn't a huge deal. But we were exhausted because it was our first day and we really didn't feel like small talking with strangers!

Just gotta warn you: a Disney trip with your bf might lead to some bling. Just ask my wife. We got engaged 2 months after our trip in 2019.

Awww, very belated congratulations :) And hey, not the worst thing to happen.... ;)

Enjoying it so far! Can't wait to read the rest. I've been lucky enough to have a mother / daughter trip too and so happy for the memories.

Thanks for reading along :) Mom and I love our trips together and it's awesome just to have some one on one time!!

i don't read trip reports often but somehow I stumbled on this today. It is FUN! I am captivated. Thank you for writing all of this. I can't wait to read more. I are going to Disney world for my first time in November and i can't wait. It'll be me and my husband and our daughter, who will be 12 by then and my in-laws. My mother in law absolutely has her Lori-isms! ha ha
we are doing 10 nights: 6 at Port Orleans Riverside in royal room and 4 at The Beach Club. Your report is making me even more excited than I already am.

Awww, I love this! Thank you so much for the kind words :) Have an absolute blast!! Your daughter is actually a really good age for her first time since she'll be able to keep up with park touring and ride all of the thrill rides!!

PERFECT resorts for your first time!! I actually stayed at POR for my very first Disney trip too (back in 2000) :) The Beach Club is outstanding and you will be spoiled for sure!

Loving your trip report!! Your stay at Boardwalk is making me so excited for our upcoming stay at BCV in March!

Thank you!!! Have so much fun- you can't go wrong with any Boardwalk resort, I love them all! :)

Day 1, Part 4- Saturday, November 13th, 2021

After our delicious dinner at Biergarten, Mom and I headed back through World Showcase to try and grab a spot for Harmonious. We had not seen an Epcot fireworks show since Illuminations, so we were pumped! We managed to find an open spot near Morocco and parked our bottoms down on the ground, since we still had about 30 minutes till showtime.

Luckily, the weather was still very mild at this point and Mom and I had a great time chatting about our day.

One negative thing that we noticed about Epcot today was the dirtiness and dare I say… trashiness? It was a Saturday, so we knew that it was probably the worst day to visit Food and Wine. However, there were drunk people everywhere, yelling and acting like idiots! We came across a few obnoxious people in line for Soarin, and they were acting like drunk frat boys :) It was also DIRTY! The bathrooms in Germany had garbage all over the floor and there was garbage on the walkways with overflowing trash cans everywhere. DEFINITELY not the norm for Disney, and we also didn’t see anything like that for the rest of the trip. But it was so bizarre!

Soon, it was showtime!

Ok, we LOVED this show!! I really enjoyed the modern take on Disney songs and the use of both English and the song’s native languages. I was a huge choir/theatre nerd in high school and college, and all of the harmonies and fun instruments had me geeking out! Mom really enjoyed this too. I had a soft spot for Illuminations as well, but I think that this is a great replacement and sends a similar message. What are your thoughts about Harmonious? Spoiler- we did NOT feel the same way about Enchantment at Magic Kingdom the next night :(

We were definitely on a high after the awesome fireworks, and made the walk back over to the Boardwalk for the night.

This is one of the most beautiful Disney resorts at night. I loved doing this walk back to the room every night! Mom was thoroughly impressed.

We made our way up to the lobby and got up to the third floor. We weren’t too far from the lobby, which made me relieved because I had heard reports of long walks at this resort. We approached our room…. And realized that there was no magic band scanner on the door. So, we were locked out!

4322D0FB-398E-4542-B0D3-2B37A817274F.gif

Well, so much for that! Begrudgingly, we ran down to the lobby to figure it out. They sent a maintenance guy up right away, and he was there in less than 5 minutes to screw a new keypad on and let us in. Very prompt service! Bell services also arrived immediately after, so we could finally get settled in.

Here she is! Room #3029 at Boardwalk Villas!

Selfie time, haha!

As for the view…

(See the little pink blob in the distance? That's Spaceship Earth!!)

AMAZING!! Mom and I’s jaw dropped- we had never had a view like this!!! You could see and hear all of the sights and sounds of the Boardwalk and we were right in the middle of the action! It was so fun to watch the people outside playing games from our balcony. I was VERY excited to enjoy this room for the next 9 nights!

Overall, we really loved staying at the Boardwalk Villas. My mom slept on the queen bed and I slept on the pull-out couch for my Mom’s portion of the trip. The pull-out couch was pretty comfortable (I sleep like a rock in Disney anyway) and I loved being able to see the Boardwalk from my bed!

I will say- the room definitely needed refreshing. It was a bit outdated and there were some nicks and dings here and there on the furniture. However, the location cannot be beat and the view made up for absolutely everything and more! It was a dream!

I took a much needed shower, unpacked my clothes, then sat on the balcony for a bit and Facetimed Jake. I showed him the view and the hugest smile came over his face! Jake has been to WDW 3 times with his parents, and they always stayed at Coronado Springs. So, he was excited to check out a new resort too!

We chatted about our days, but I could barely keep my eyes open at this point. I had been awake for 20 hours! He literally said, “Are you sleeptalking? Your eyes are almost fully closed and I can barely understand you” Haha! That was my cue to go to bed!! :)

After saying our goodnights, I came back inside and my Mom was already fast asleep! I listened to my favorite music for a while…

Until I drifted off to sleep at 12:10 AM. We were off to our favorite park tomorrow morning!

What a view !!!

I actually found melon Fanta on Amazon but it is crazy expensive for soda.

I’ve never understood how people can afford to get that obnoxiously drunk at Epcot. The drinks are so pricey and usually not very strong pours IMO. I would have to spend hundreds to be so drunk I lose all sense and get that annoying. Lol

I loved Harmonious also! Like you said, I appreciated them having the songs in both English and the languages native to the country they're set in. We didn't end up staying in MK for Enchantment so I haven't seen it yet.

The view from your room is amazing!

OMG, I'm loving your TR! Can't wait to keep reading! I just booked BWV for August and I'm SO EXCITED!

One negative thing that we noticed about Epcot today was the dirtiness and dare I say… trashiness? It was a Saturday, so we knew that it was probably the worst day to visit Food and Wine.
We made the mistake of going on a Friday night and experienced the same thing. Sure sign we are getting old (well I'm old already you have a ways to go) but pretty sure Friday and Saturday nights in Epcot are off my list for good

Ok, we LOVED this show!! I really enjoyed the modern take on Disney songs and the use of both English and the song’s native languages.
I didn't love it at first but its growing on me. Especially in contract to the disappointment that is Enchantment

AMAZING!! Mom and I’s jaw dropped- we had never had a view like this!!! You could see and hear all of the sights and sounds of the Boardwalk and we were right in the middle of the action!
That view is amazing! Hope you got to enjoy lots of balcony time. We've stayed at BW a few times but haven't been lucky enough to get a view

I will say- the room definitely needed refreshing. It was a bit outdated and there were some nicks and dings here and there on the furniture. However, the location cannot be beat and the view made up for absolutely everything and more! It was a dream!
We stayed here last month and I couldn't agree more. It looked like they hadn't refurbed them since the 90's. I don't think they are on the schedule to get redone either which seems long over due

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter