How can this year possibly get better? LET'S GO TO WDW!!- A 10-Day November 2021 TR- Updated 9/26/23!

Mollydolly334

Honorary Floridian
7CE4DE13-8C67-4441-B756-F14D6E6CC0CB.gif

Hello everyone! I missed you all :)

Long time, no see!! Despite being a professional lurker on the TR boards, I haven’t attempted to write a trip report since 2017!!

But, last month, I took a trip to WDW that was so magical, I just HAD to share it!

Backstory time…

If you’ve read my trip reports in the past, you know that I LOVE to travel to Disney World with my mom. We did mother-daughter trips in 2015 and 2016, and those trips provided us with some of the most amazing, lifelong memories!!

We travel so well together and our Disney touring strategies are very similar! So, one year, (probably 2018 or so?) I decided to forego all Christmas and birthday presents for that year in exchange for one thing… another mother-daughter WDW trip!

Well, in 2019, I purchased an annual pass and took 4 trips in one year! So, that year was out. Then, COVID happened, and I managed to squeak a long weekend trip in August of 2020 with my college roommate and her sister.

In January of 2021, I was able to get the COVID vaccines, and I really felt comfortable traveling again! In February 2021, I went on an awesome 10-day trip, where half was spent being the planner of a bachelorette party, and the other half was spent hanging with some amazing DISboards peeps!

@paradesintherain @chunkymonkey

But, a mother-daughter trip was still on my mind. However, in January 2021, another surprise happened.. I met this guy!

Well, we fell for each other nearly instantaneously, and my travel partner became my boyfriend, Jake! We took wonderful trips to Nashville, Miami, and Hilton Head Island.

Because this year could not have gone any better, in June of 2021, I also gained a niece and nephew when my sister Haley and her husband Ryan gave birth to TWINS! :love:

Their names are Evelyn and Oliver, and I am actually obsessed with them. They have added so much light to our lives!

But, I was bound and determined to make a mother-daughter Disney trip happen! So, we tentatively began planning for November of 2021. My mom preferred a 5-6 night trip at most, since it’s a busy time of the year for her with work. However, resort reservations were SLIM! At one point, I had a split stay between POFQ, the Dolphin, and WL booked! I was really hoping for something in the Boardwalk area due to Food and Wine, but prices were insane and we were NOT willing to pay $600 a night.

However, one day in August, I was perusing the DVC rent/transfer boards on the DIS. I came across a post about a 9-night confirmed reservation at Boardwalk Villas for November 13-22, in a BOARDWALK VIEW ROOM, for a very reasonable price…

6E8DD981-C293-4BD1-A016-CB68A4D51444.gif

OK… I’m listening.. But nine nights?? I would be more than happy to stay that long, but my Mom couldn’t swing it. So, on my way home from work that night, I called Jake.

Me: “I have something I need to ask you”
Jake: *sounding terrified* “Ok…”
Me: “Wanna go to Disney World in November?”
Jake: “That’s it? Of course!!”

Problem solved ;)

So- the plan was put into action!! My mom and I would fly to Orlando together on November 13th, and Jake would fly down late on the 17th. Mom would then leave the evening of the 18th, and Jake and I would stay until the 22nd! It worked out perfectly since the two of them couldn’t afford any more time off of work, and then I could be the Disney freak that I am and stay all 10 days :) Jake had been to Disney World a few times as a child, but hadn't been since 2007! So, he was super excited to see all of the new stuff. Jake and my mom get along great as well, so I was really excited that they overlapped a day and we could do a park together!

Whew! That was a whirlwind of information for an intro post! But, finally, I can get to the nitty gritty!

Where: Walt Disney World, of Course!
When: November 13-22, 2021
Hotel: Disney’s Boardwalk Villas- Studio Villa, Boardwalk View
Tickets: I have an annual pass, Mom got 5-day hoppers, and Jake got 4-day single park tickets

About Us:

My name is Molly, and I’m 27 years old! I am a behavioral therapist to children on the Autism spectrum. I joined the DISboards at age 21 and have been a certified Disney freak since age 8!

Favorite Disney Park: Magic Kingdom
Favorite Disney Resort: I love all Disney resorts so this is really hard. But my tops are Disney’s Polynesian Resort, Disney’s Riviera Resort, and all 3 Boardwalk area resorts.
Favorite Disney Ride: Splash Mountain (while it lasts :( )
Favorite Disney Restaurant: Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater
Favorite Disney Snack: Jack-Jack Num-Num Cookie
Favorite Disney Movie: Aladdin

This is my mom, Lori, and she is the best mom in the world!! She is a pediatric dentist. Mom is patient, kind, and always thinking of others before herself.

Favorite Disney Park: Magic Kingdom
Favorite Disney Resort: Disney’s Polynesian Resort
Favorite Disney Ride: Tower of Terror
Favorite Disney Restaurant: Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater
Favorite Disney Snack: Dole Whip Swirl
Favorite Disney Movie: Toy Story

Here’s Jake! He's an audiologist. We’ve been dating for almost a year now and I am continuously floored by how amazing he treats me. He’s my best friend in the world, and sometimes I think we’re the same person :)

Favorite Disney Park: Epcot
Favorite Disney Resort: Disney’s Polynesian Resort
Favorite Disney Ride: Rock n Roller Coaster
Favorite Disney Restaurant: Sci Fi Dine-In Theater
Favorite Disney Snack: S'mores Whoopie Pie from F&W
Favorite Disney Movie: Fantasia

Now that you’ve finally met us, on with the show!!

And....action!!

Last edited:
Well, we fell for each other nearly instantaneously, and my travel partner became my boyfriend, Jake! We took wonderful trips to Nashville, Miami, and Hilton Head Island.
You two are so cute together!
Because this year could not have gone any better, in June of 2021, I also gained a niece and nephew when my sister Haley and her husband Ryan gave birth to TWINS! :love:
So, so exciting! As a twin mama myself, I can say there is nothing like it!
Their names are Evelyn and Oliver, and I am actually obsessed with them. They have added so much light to our lives!
Such fabulous names, classic and beautiful!
Me: “Wanna go to Disney World in November?”
Jake: “That’s it? Of course!!”
Ok, he just proved he's a total keeper!
Here’s Jake! He's an audiologist. We’ve been dating for almost a year now and I am continuously floored by how amazing he treats me. He’s my best friend in the world, and sometimes I think we’re the same person :)
So happy for you! You deserve ALL the happiness! :goodvibes

Yay, I’m in, miss you! Hope to see you one of these years again at our favorite place!
I’m excited to hear all about it!
How exciting to have met Jake, I’m very happy for you!

Can’t wait to hear about your trip. I do mother daughter trips with my teen daughter so I enjoy reading other mom/daughter trip reports!

Hi Molly!

Sounds like an amazing trip! You get the best of both worlds, being there with your mom and then boyfriend! Can't wait to hear about it! :goodvibes

Yay! Can’t wait to read all about it and to hear how much Jake loved Disney!

Yay you're first! :) Miss you!!

Welcome back, Molly!!!! Joe and I have missed you so much! ❤

Thank you Jenny!! Miss you both too! Hopefully our trips line up one of these days! :)

You two are so cute together!
So, so exciting! As a twin mama myself, I can say there is nothing like it!
Such fabulous names, classic and beautiful!
Ok, he just proved he's a total keeper!
So happy for you! You deserve ALL the happiness! :goodvibes

Hi Sue! So happy you're here :) Thanks for all the kind words- he really is a keeper! And twins are the BEST aren't they? I love them so much and they get ALL of the attention since they're the first grandkids!

Yay, I’m in, miss you! Hope to see you one of these years again at our favorite place!
I’m excited to hear all about it!
How exciting to have met Jake, I’m very happy for you!

Hi Caroline!! I miss you too! We'll need to coordinate trips soon! :)

Can’t wait to hear about your trip. I do mother daughter trips with my teen daughter so I enjoy reading other mom/daughter trip reports!

Welcome in! That's awesome :) Mother-daughter trips are the best, aren't they?!

:surfweb: Can’t wait to read more!

Thank you! Welcome!!

I'm following along!

Hi!! Happy to have you! :)

I am here and can't wait to hear all about it!

Hi Ariella! Yay, thanks for joining along :)

Following along :)
Those babies are SOOOO cute!!

Welcome in!! Thank you :)

Yay!! Can’t wait to read more!!

Hi Ashlee! Yay! Miss seeing you around the boards :)

Hi Molly!

Sounds like an amazing trip! You get the best of both worlds, being there with your mom and then boyfriend! Can't wait to hear about it! :goodvibes

Hi Kelly!! Thanks for joining along :) It really was the perfect trip!!

I’m here! Can’t wait to hear all about your trip!

Thanks for reading along :)

Following! :surfweb:

Welcome in! :)

Day 0: Friday, November 12th, 2021.

I always like starting TRs with a Day 0. This is such an exciting day full of anticipation and little-to-no sleep :)

This day started out with me waking up at 6:15 AM to check Mom and I into our flight 24 hours early, since we were flying Southwest! I managed to get group A-45 without waking up Jake, then I flipped over and went right back to sleep :)

I usually have short Fridays at work, since I always try to cram as many hours in as I can Monday-Thursday. I had a ZOOM meeting from 9-11, then I was FREE!!

3BEA3067-B43C-4123-A6D9-3DD8322B868F.gif

When I leave for vacation, I always make sure to block notifications from my email and GroupMe so that I am fully disconnected from work. It feels so good to release that responsibility!

I spent the rest of the day running various errands, doing laundry, and finishing up packing. Jake came home from work at about 4:00 PM, and we decided to watch some TV to get us pumped for the trip…

I always try to watch the Disney episodes of Full House and Boy Meets World before a WDW trip. The nostalgia makes me smile and reminds me of my childhood!

My mom called me at 6:15 PM to say that she had arrived at my apartment, and off we went! I felt bad; Jake was so sad because he still had 5 days left :( It sounds silly, but 5 days seemed like a really long time and I was bummed- I was really going to miss him! I reassured him that the next time we saw each other, we’d be in the most magical place on Earth!!

This year, plane tickets were so ridiculously expensive that we had to fly out of a different airport! We live in Milwaukee, WI, and instead of flying out of Milwaukee, we had to fly out of Chicago Midway. Lucky for us, Haley and Ryan live just outside of Chicago, so we were able to stay at their place the night before our flight, and my Mom could park her car there instead of paying for parking at the airport!

Mom and I chatted during the drive down, and we made it to Chicago at about 7:45 PM. We were a little sad, because Evie and Ollie had just gone to sleep for the night, and we REALLY wanted our baby snuggles!

One more picture of the twins because I love these nuggets so much.

My heart :love:

We caught up with Haley and Ryan and ordered dinner to be delivered from my favorite restaurant in Chicago! It’s called Summer House Santa Monica and the food is fresh and unique. Seriously- if you’re in town, you must try it!! I ordered their shaved brussels sprouts salad (one of my favorite salads I’ve ever had- it also has manchego cheese, bacon, avocado, toasted almonds, peas, and a really great vinaigrette dressing), a side of french fries, and one of their homemade sea salt chocolate chip cookies!

Ryan turned on Disney + (Haley and Ryan are also big Disney fans), and I realized that Enchanted was finally available to stream! So, we had to watch that!!

85FE511D-7652-406C-8149-09F08F1037E6.gif

After our movie night, we decided to hit the hay. My mom decided to stay upstairs near the nursery and help with the twin’s feedings in the middle of the night . My mom is grandma of the year- she absolutely adores the babies and always wants to help out. I, however, was selfish and stayed in the guest room downstairs ;) We managed to get to bed around midnight :scared: Alarms were set for 3:20 AM!!

So exciting that you got to have a classic Mother Daughter trip and show Jake how to do Disney all in one trip!! Can't wait to read more! Those babies too...so cuuute!

It is always so exciting the night before a trip even when the dreaded 3am wake up call happens!
Your little niece and nephew are so adorable 😊

Love the update! Your mom is TOTALLY grandma of the year- those middle of the night feedings can be brutal!
Can’t wait read more!

I like reading about Day 0's. We live in central IL and usually fly out of Midway. It's not the best but it's familiar now. That was a late night considering your early flight! Hope your travel day was smooth.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter