How big are the queen beds at VWL?

Simba's Mom

<font color=green>everything went to "H*** in a ha
On another board I was told that the queen beds at WL seemed smaller than elsewhere-barely bigger than a double. I'm nervous for 2 reasons-1. we had a double on one trip to a moderate and felt it was made for thinner people than us.2.We have a king bed at home, can't "afford" the points of a 1-BR to get a king bed, and are concerned that the queen bed will seem large enough. BTW, we're average-sized, just worried we haven't been spoiled by a king bed at home.

queen size bed is a queen size bed - so don't worry - the sofa-bed however is a double bed in the studio.

My DH and I have a king bed at home and were very comfortable on the queen bed at VWL. Also, neither one of us is small and I thought the room in the bed was fine.

I have another bed-related question. What are the beds like at the DVC properties? Are they comfy or pretty hard? We've stayed a week at the Beach Club for the past few years and the beds there are not very comfortable. We love the resort but expect more from a Deluxe hotel. If you've stayed at a Westin in their "Heavenly Bed," you'll know what I'm referring to.

I understand they are going to be renovating the Y&B and new mattresses will be a part of that. We're thinking seriously of buying into DVC so curious about the beds. Would the BWV be a fair comparison or are they all pretty much the same? Any comments would be great. Thanks so much--this board is wonderful for newbies like me!

I have to say, I saw the beds yesterday & they sure look small to me. They have the bcv & vwl models across the hall from each other & all of the queens look like doubles. I think I remember reading that hotel queen beds are only a tiny bit bigger than doubles.

The beds looked about the same as the ones at AKL. They seem smaller than my queen bed at home.

We just returned from a week's stay in a 2bd at VWL. Our teen girls slept on the queen beds without any complaints. I brought 2 queen-sized fitted sheets from home and they fit the beds at VWL just like they fit my queen-sized bed at home. So, I would assume they are "standard" queen-sized beds.

:) :) :)
Rhonda

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter