How are the TS restaurants in Japan?

LeahA

DIS Veteran
We are booked at the Tokyo Dining location, not Tepan Edo. How are the TS restaurants in Japan. We have had the privelege to pretty much eat everywhere in Epcot except Japan. What's good?

Teppan Edo is fun and yummy if you don't have a Japanese hibachi restaurant near you at home.

I've eaten at Tokyo Dining and was far from impressed. I wouldn't recommend it, the menu is very Americanized and we've had much better meals at other restaurants around the WS.

the qs in japan was disgusting.
I would agree but Tepan Edo is much better! Personally we have access to many different hibachi Japanese steakhouse where I live so I don't see the value of Tepan Edo with its restricted menu but what they do have is good. and the chef's performance is fun.

No fried rice, as well as group seating with others that may not be in your party (I find that this is 1/2 the fun, but then again sometimes not) it's a deal breaker for some,

As some of the other PPs have said, we found Teppan Edo to be fine if you don't have some kind of hibatchi style restaurant near your home.

We've dined at Tokyo Dining a couple of times and prefer it. We enjoy the food- sure it's Americanized, but so are almost all of the WDW ethnic restaurants. We also like that the dining room has been much quieter than a lot of in-park restaurants.

We have eaten at both and enjoy them both.
Teppan Edo is a great restaurant, and we enjoy it a lot. We appreciate that they serve authentic white rice, and not chinese fried rice, but many here hate that. We also enjoy sitting with other diners. The food is delicious, the service warm and friendly and the chef's entertaining.
Tokoyo Dining is quieter and more refined. Again, the service was outstanding and the food was very good. We very much enjoyed our dinner, but I think I prefer Teppan Edo
Have fun

We enjoy both as well. Teppan Edo is a lot of fun; just keep in mind you will be seated with others unless you have a party of around 8.

Tokyo Dining is also good. The food is pricey, but good. I'm not a Japanese food afficianado so I cannot comment on its Americanization. If you get a seat by the window, it's particularly nice.

Love teppan edo! Food is delicious. The filet is so tender and tasty. Love the noodles. The chefs put on a great show. I highly recommend it.

Sent from my Galaxy SII

Never done Teppan Edo but BIG fan of Tokyo Dining here. My 5 yr old is a sushi fiend (weird, I know) and it's the only place you can get sushi on the DDP. It's wonderful - depending on the timing, you can watch Illuminations or the drummers from the massive windows.

I've never done Tokyo dining but my family LOVES Teppan Edo. As others have mentioned the food is good and the chef's are entertaining (dinner and a show!).

IMO...Teppan Edo is just like any other hibachi steakhouse. I'd probably go with Tokyo Dining over that,just because Japanese steakhouses are pretty plentiful nowadays.

Teppen Edo....Like everyone else stated...Yes Fun, but no different than your local hibachi place. Actually it seemed like they rushed through the process more at TE, than what we are used to at our places near home..

We did do Tokyo Dining this past August...Was able to get a walk in for 4 after waiting maybe 20 minutes or so at 8:00....We were very impressed with the whole dinner & What was fun was that just as we finished they had the fireworks show...

A definite must ::thumbsup2

Me and my DH LOVE Tokyo Dining, in fact it is a must for us every trip, and we are huge Japanese food fans!
I love the sushi, steaks, and ginger cake (such an amazing simplistic dessert).
Beyond the food I love my little corner table where I can perfectly see Illuminations. I will purposely make a reservation 1 1/2 hours early just to get my table :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter