• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How are the Sofa Beds in Villa Resorts?

Cheltenham

Mouseketeer
I am thinking of going to the BWV (or another of the Villa resorts) but with my traveling companions I will likely end up using the sofa bed. It has been awhile since I have slept on one of those. Are they as uncomfortable as most sofa beds or is there a "Disney difference"?

I think the sofa/chair beds at BLT and AKV are a little nicer than some of the other villas. One night last month I decided to sit next to my son on the sofa bed at BLT, and I was quite pleasantly surprised. It was firm, no bars, and quite comfy (I actually dozed off for an hour or so.) I like my king bed in the master, but I gotta say - I could sleep on that particular sofa bed with no issues.

The sofa beds at BWV are still nicer than your average sofa bed (and have a really unique method for set up where all the cushions don't have to be removed.) But once the bed is opened, I don't believe they are quite as nice as the ones at BLT/AKV (but to be honest, I didn't actually test the one at BWV.)

I used to be okay with them but not so much anymore. Maybe because I am getting older :rolleyes: or maybe because they changed the design. If I had no other option, I'd tough it out, but I really disliked it the last time I tried it.

I don't think any of the villas have the old style sleep sofas with the bar in the middle. I know BCV, THV, BLT, AKV and SSR have no middle bar. Our young adult son sleeps on them all the time and enjoys them. My DH has dozed off on them with no complaint.

That was one of my biggest concerns last Oct when we stayed at SSR. I have bulging discs and a horrible back and was really comfy the whole week I slept on the fold out couch. The matresses are tempurpedic and really quite good. :goodvibes
Enjoy!:thumbsup2

I think they ate quite comfy for what they are. Usually I am so tired I could sleep on a brick. I will advise you to check the sofa bed out as soon as you check in to your room. Pull it , lay on it and roll around to make sure it is functional. A few years ago we stayed at SSR , got back to our room the first night around midnight, pulled out the sofa bed, looked ok, I laid down and fell through to the floor. Difficult to take care of in the middle of the night.

We've used the ones at SSR, BLT and AKV. To me they feel like big blocks of foam not skimpy little mattresses over a metal bar. They are pretty comfy and my nobody in our travel parties have ever complained.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter