How are the AKL Christmas Decorations?

Hanna's mom

Earning My Ears
We are coming next week 12/8 to 12/12 and staying at the AKL. I have seen post that the decorations are great at the WL, Just wondering if the AKL compares. (This is our first visit at Christmas time.)Thanks!! :D

:cool1: Thanks for the photo. We are going there on Monday and we cannot wait to see in person.

The are beautiful..from the minute you hit the turn into the resort itself.
We were just two weeks ago for dinner. Everything looks great!

I can't wait to see this on Monday! :)

hmmm...hope they sell some cool christmas ornaments in Zawadi (the gift shop)...I'd love a giraffe for my tree!

stinkerbelle said:
I can't wait to see this on Monday! :)

hmmm...hope they sell some cool christmas ornaments in Zawadi (the gift shop)...I'd love a giraffe for my tree!

I will race you to the gift shop for that christmas ornament :teleport: :cool1: on Monday.

Minybear :flower1:

at the AKL are incredible! They are untraditional traditional, if that makes any sense. It probably will once you see them! The resort is incredible to begin with but the holiday decorations just put it over the top. What I remember best from our first visit to AKL (and during December) were the big, dark front doors opening and see the large lobby area with the great decorations and the huge window looking out over the savannah. And another vote for the smell!!! That smell of a wood fire and spices is incredible!

Have a great time!!!!!!!!!

:teleport: Kapp :teleport:

Kapp said:
What I remember best from our first visit to AKL (and during December) were the big, dark front doors opening and see the large lobby area with the great decorations and the huge window looking out over the savannah. And another vote for the smell!!! That smell of a wood fire and spices is incredible!

Have a great time!!!!!!!!!

:teleport: Kapp :teleport:

when I first set foot into the lobby on my first stay there in September 2003, I did what everyone HATES...I stopped dead in my tracks and just stared slack jawed at the lobby...it's so impressive...love it. Love the smell, the theme, everthing about this resort!

I've never seen it during christmas, so I'm sure I'll be "that person" again...stopping dead in my tracks...*then racing over to Zawadi to wrestle a giraffe ornament out of minybear's hands!* ;)

stinkerbelle said:
when I first set foot into the lobby on my first stay there in September 2003, I did what everyone HATES...I stopped dead in my tracks and just stared slack jawed at the lobby...it's so impressive...love it. Love the smell, the theme, everthing about this resort!

I've never seen it during christmas, so I'm sure I'll be "that person" again...stopping dead in my tracks...*then racing over to Zawadi to wrestle a giraffe ornament out of minybear's hands!* ;)

We will do exactly the same thing when we enter the lobby of AKL :smooth: we will stop in our tracts and jaw dropping when seeing and smelling everything. I already have this great photo as my desktop on my computer. I cannot wait to see it on Monday:).

Stinkerbelle I hope they have more then one giraffe ornament at Zawadi. :jumping4: :

We arrived at AKL on Novemebr 10th and came through the Lobby at 11 PM to go to bed. When we got up the next morning and headed for the parks, we turned the corner into the Lobby and it had all been decorated for Christmas! Talk about magical!!

The tree is absolutely beautiful.

:earsboy:

webray said:
The are beautiful..from the minute you hit the turn into the resort itself.
We were just two weeks ago for dinner. Everything looks great!

You were 100% right about this...I nearly got hit by a bus after I walked out to get a picture of the front sign decorated for the holiday!

The resort was beautiful...I loved the decorations.

And - funny thing - one of the CM's on the concierge floor said they actually put the christmas tree stand upside down - it's was supposed to be open like a basket - not flipped over like a bell...heheheh. still - beautiful!

and I couldn't find a GOOD ornament at the lodge, but I DID find a nice one in a gift shop in Africa next to the safari ride...3 giraffes walking around a woven beobab tree.

stinkerbelle said:
And - funny thing - one of the CM's on the concierge floor said they actually put the christmas tree stand upside down - it's was supposed to be open like a basket - not flipped over like a bell...heheheh. still - beautiful!

I thought that the Christmas tree stand looked "strange" and that explains it, but still all the decorations at AKL was amazing. Wish we had time to see all the other resorts for their decorations but we were way to busy:(.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest