Houston, We Have A Secret: A TX Vacation With A WDW Surprise ...aaand Done! Page 43

Nice Update and we’re glad to have y’all back home (of course we’re also sorry you had to leave Disney to get there… we need to find a way to make Disney and home be the same thing).

So… lets see now… where to begin…

…slightly eerie family picture:

IMG_6393.JPG

So where did all the people go?

Not sure what odd trance the girls behind us are in…
DSCF0466.JPG

That’s no trance… They’re ZOMBIES!
Now we know why the streets were empty in the first picture.
Someone call out the Zombie Response team… Where’s Fed?????

Glad that Bambi got to meet the man...er...donkey... of her dreams.
BTW: Nice shirt dude. I need’s me one o’ deem.

…we were glad to finally be able to walk around and see Mr. Potato Head. Unfortunately, he wasn't very animated that morning…

IMG_6402.JPG

You mean one of ya’ didn’t take the initiative and reach over there and punch the “Try Me” button?

Well there’s your problem.

Quite the mugshot.

The next post will be a bunch of pictures from Lights Motors Action, because I'm running pretty high on my picture count for this one. Soo...

Up Next: Read that last sentence again.

popcorn::

While I’m here… I hate we couldn’t put together a meet back on the 1st … maybe next time. Oh… one more thing: I finished my late TR (the one that should’a been done before we left on the next trip) and started up a new one for the most recent trip, soooooo... the ball is in your court.

great update barry!! love the pics and the shirt!!!!:thumbsup2
Thanks Dave. That's one that I never forget to pack for a WDW trip.

I loled at the trance girls in your ToT pic! Also nice stitch pin! :) Cool that you got a family pic when the park was so empty as well.
There were plenty of people around and behind the photographer, so it was pretty cool to check out that picture later and see no one behind us.

Thanks for the update.:flower3:

Good timing on being between the waves to get that empty park pic.
Looking forward to Lights, Motor, Action.
I'd like to take credit for planning that time into our touring plan, but it was basically dumb luck. :rotfl2:

Great update. :mad:People need to just let kids like what they like and not make them think its scary if they don't think it is:mad: We were able to get our 5 year old on TOT and when we asked if she wanted to ride again it was NO. :confused3 We have been taking her to Cedar Point and Michigan adventure and she really wants to ride the coasters but she is about an inch too short, but the ones she can get on its front seat or bust....:rotfl:
Agreed! (Both on the let kids like what they like and the front seat or bust idea!)

Sounds like the timing worked out well for your arrival at DHS. Well, except for ToT. I had no idea there was a driving Mater meet and greet...very cool!
They were in the middle of rebuilding their "Radiator Springs" meet & greet location into McQueen's garage/trophy room (to tie it into Cars 2), so I guess they decided to have the cars just drive around a little. Makes perfect sense since you have all those streets there anyway.

Nice Update and we’re glad to have y’all back home (of course we’re also sorry you had to leave Disney to get there… we need to find a way to make Disney and home be the same thing).
Thanks. I'll give the standard "it's good to be back home" response through gritted teeth.

So where did all the people go?
I politely asked them all to hide so they wouldn't be in my picture. The ones that didn't comply were threaten with great bodily harm. :thumbsup2

That’s no trance… They’re ZOMBIES!
Now we know why the streets were empty in the first picture.
Someone call out the Zombie Response team… Where’s Fed?????
Now that you mention it, in addition to the falling sensation of ToT, I did feel something of a "gnawing at the back of my head" feeling.

Glad that Bambi got to meet the man...er...donkey... of her dreams.
BTW: Nice shirt dude. I need’s me one o’ deem.
It is a nice shirt - but you have to remember, I make anything look good. Except humility. Tried that once, didn't fit me very well.

Quite the mugshot.
If she ever does get arrested (and trust me, with the schemes those two cook up, it isn't out of the realm of possibility), she'll probably ask for copies of the mugshot to use for head shots or publicity stills.

While I’m here… I hate we couldn’t put together a meet back on the 1st … maybe next time.
Agreed! We were having one of "those" days and both kids were exhausted.

Oh… one more thing: I finished my late TR (the one that should’a been done before we left on the next trip) and started up a new one for the most recent trip, soooooo... the ball is in your court.
Great job plugging your TR! :thumbsup2 I'll be heading over there in a few minutes.

Agreed! We were having one of "those" days and both kids were exhausted.

The family has to come first in all arenas. :thumbsup2
I’d have packed it in if a long rest is what was called for as well.

Great job plugging your TR! :thumbsup2 I'll be heading over there in a few minutes.

Yah… I should be smacked (but you can get back at me over on my thread).
I was just trying on a little bit of that “non-humility” stuff you were talking about earlier.
I think I’ll wear it around for a bit and see if I get used to it. :rolleyes1

One more meal out of this and I'll have all my limbs back!
Alright! :thumbsup2 Almost eliminating that buyer's remorse. :lmao:

By the time we got off the ride, Grandma & Grandpa had showed up (shown up?)
Ain't nobody here too worried about grammar.

Either way, they got there. We asked the kids if they wanted to go on Tower of Terror, but both refused. Which was odd, because both of them used to love that ride. So why did they refuse? Because of all of the people that have told them that they're too young for that ride and that it's soooo scary. They forgot their own experiences and let other people's opinions take root in their own heads. So next time you hear someone talking about young, impressionable minds - its true. And it ticks me off.
Yeah, I'm mad for you too. So disappointing that they were talked out of a ride they enjoy by people who probably are just ashamed that kids can enjoy a ride that frightens them. By the way, has Mark ever had a chance to have a conversation with Evan and Madison?:lmao:

Not sure what odd trance the girls behind us are in, but we had a good time on the ride without the use of mind altering drugs.
They definitely look like something out of an episode of the Twilight Zone.

I'll admit, I had to go back and read up on my previous updates to see where I left off.

That's ok. So did I. :thumbsup2

I'll go with cool. I mean, it could have had Brazilian tour groups in the background.

Then to completely rip off the Intellectual Property of another studio, he started chewing a carrot, pulled out a map and commented that he must have taken a wrong turn in "Al-ba-koy-kie".

:eek: Can you say that in here? :confused3

The plan was to head back to Toy Story, but something tall, dark and handsome caught Bambi's eye. She got a flutter, and just like in the cartoons, little heart bubbles starting forming and popping around her head as little angel wings sprouted out of her back and gently carried her over to the man...er...donkey... of her dreams.

Wow, she must really have a thing for...

Oh, never mind, that's too easy.

So basically, we got there after the first wave of resort guests, but right before the first wave of off-site guests. Which lead to quite an aberration -the stand by line for Toy Story Mania was 20 minutes. 20 Minutes!

:eek::eek:

Wow!

Impressive. :darth:

We asked the kids if they wanted to go on Tower of Terror, but both refused. Which was odd, because both of them used to love that ride. So why did they refuse? Because of all of the people that have told them that they're too young for that ride and that it's soooo scary. They forgot their own experiences and let other people's opinions take root in their own heads. So next time you hear someone talking about young, impressionable minds - its true. And it ticks me off.

It wasn't me, was it? I may think it's a horrifying chamber of death and despair, but I wouldn't tell your kids that.

The sign read 45 minutes and the line was all way down to where the bathrooms are outside of the gate! Why was this, you ask?
Cheerleaders, Brazilians, and school groups.

:sad2:

Also, since it was basically any day of the year - there were Brazilian tour groups. That kind of goes without saying.

:lmao::rotfl2::rotfl:

But, ToT is one of our favorite attractions, and so we toughed it out. We'd never been around the queue area in the garden before, so we decided that since Disney was giving us the opportunity to see it, we might as well take some pictures.

So did you know what a natatorium was? I had to look it up.

Not sure what odd trance the girls behind us are in, but we had a good time on the ride without the use of mind altering drugs.

Just what did they bring from Brazil exactly?

They were making their way down San Francisco Street, when who comes driving around the corner? Mater! Yup, driving! He drove down the block a bit, honked his horn, then parked for a meet & greet! I wish I could have been there for that!

Cool! And here you wanted to force them on the ToT.

As we were having that picture taken, I started to feel a rumbling under our feet. We jumped back just in time as Stitch popped out from under the pavement.

25617530005.jpg

Great picture!

The plan was to head back to Toy Story, but something tall, dark and handsome caught Bambi's eye. She got a flutter, and just like in the cartoons, little heart bubbles starting forming and popping around her head as little angel wings sprouted out of her back and gently carried her over to the man...er...donkey... of her dreams.

IMG_6395.JPG

Smart woman you married! Eeyore is one of my favs too!

My initial blinding rage gave way to acceptance and I remembered that he was her first love, long before I came around. That and he eats thistles and lives in a lean-to make of sticks. I don't have much to be worried about.

IMG_6398.JPG

No need for rage. She would never yell at Eeyore, so needs you in her life for that. ;)

I included that last picture not only to show everyone that Evan looks cool with 3D classes and messy hair, but it also gave me a good opportunity to remind people that the Packers won the Super Bowl. :woohoo:

You had to bring that up again? :sad2:

By the time we got off the ride, Grandma & Grandpa had showed up (shown up?) Either way, they got there. We asked the kids if they wanted to go on Tower of Terror, but both refused. Which was odd, because both of them used to love that ride. So why did they refuse? Because of all of the people that have told them that they're too young for that ride and that it's soooo scary. They forgot their own experiences and let other people's opinions take root in their own heads. So next time you hear someone talking about young, impressionable minds - its true. And it ticks me off.

I'll never understand why people do this. STAY OUT OF IT PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DSCF0466.JPG

Perhaps they were trying to make you disappear in the elevator? :confused3

Great update, Barry.

Yah… I should be smacked (but you can get back at me over on my thread).
I was just trying on a little bit of that “non-humility” stuff you were talking about earlier.
I think I’ll wear it around for a bit and see if I get used to it. :rolleyes1
Smacked? Nah - I take any chance I can get to plug my TRs too!

Alright! :thumbsup2 Almost eliminating that buyer's remorse. :lmao:
popcorn::Mmm...this box full of buyer's remorse is delicious. popcorn::

Ain't nobody here too worried about grammar.
Yup. Go Boilermakers! :rotfl2::rotfl2:
Yeah, I'm mad for you too. So disappointing that they were talked out of a ride they enjoy by people who probably are just ashamed that kids can enjoy a ride that frightens them. By the way, has Mark ever had a chance to have a conversation with Evan and Madison?:lmao:
Nah, can't blame Mark for this one. Yet. :scratchin

I'll go with cool. I mean, it could have had Brazilian tour groups in the background.
Ain't enough Photoshop in the world to airbrush that out.

:eek: Can you say that in here? :confused3
Hey, I didn't mention which studio. I'm sure they all have anthropomorphized rabbits with catch phrases that inquire about the current happenings of medical professionals.

Wow, she must really have a thing for...

Oh, never mind, that's too easy.
Yeah, I was going to go there myself, but then

HEY! WAIT A MINUTE!:headache:

I know.

Impressive. :darth:
Thank you. As you can see, I'm training the next generation

It wasn't me, was it? I may think it's a horrifying chamber of death and despair, but I wouldn't tell your kids that.
It probably wasn't, but now I think I'm getting concerned over how much you're talking to my children without me knowing...

So did you know what a natatorium was? I had to look it up.
Clearly, it was the thing that was located that way --->, near the Grand Terrance.
However, once I looked it up, I will no long be referring to it by the word that the commoners use.
"I say, Mr. Oblivious. Do you fancy a trip to natatorium this evening to cool off from this dreadful weather we're having?"

Just what did they bring from Brazil exactly?
Wax.

Cool! And here you wanted to force them on the ToT.
They'll have plenty of opportunity to go on ToT again, this was a pretty rare event that I'm glad they got to see.

And I'm bummed that I missed it. :sad1:

Smart woman you married! Eeyore is one of my favs too!
He's also a good fall back in case I can't think of something for Christmas, birthday, etc. Just buy something with Eeyore on it. (I hope she didn't read that...)

No need for rage. She would never yell at Eeyore, so needs you in her life for that.
Something tells me that you and Mark are going to have a field day on Monday... :sad2:

You had to bring that up again?
...but at least I'll have that to fall back on!:woohoo:
I'll never understand why people do this. STAY OUT OF IT PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
::yes::

Perhaps they were trying to make you disappear in the elevator?

The last two times I've been on that ride, I've had my lanyard around my neck, weighed down by tickets, fast passes, etc. Both times, it flies up right about eye level on the drops. They need to position a camera down a little bit to capture those pictures.

Perhaps they were trying to make you disappear in the elevator?

The last two times I've been on that ride, I've had my lanyard around my neck, weighed down by tickets, fast passes, etc. Both times, it flies up right about eye level on the drops. They need to position a camera down a little bit to capture those pictures.

(I'm assuming you noticed how I just completely avoided commenting on what I can only assume was you insinuating that they were either putting a hex on me or trying to throw me out.) :rotfl2::rotfl::lmao:

Before I get on with the rest of the Trip Report, I wanted to pause for a few minutes and say how wonderful it makes me feel that all of you are reading along. I'd also like to specifically thank all of the Houston-area readers for your kind words. I'm sure you were pretty surprised to see a Disney Trip Report in your own back yard,

Which is what got Bambi and I to thinking. We had such as good time exploring a new area of the country that we're thinking about doing it again. Which is where all of you come in.

Madison's spring break for next year is the first week of March. We have a few ideas of where to go, but we're not set on anything. So, here is your opportunity to sell us on your neck of the woods. What makes your hometown great? What draws people there? What keeps them coming back? Basically, why should someone come and spend their tourist dollars there? (Don't worry, if we like your city that much and decided to visit, we won't be hitting you up to crash on your couch or anything.)

So, if anyone is willing, leave a post here telling us why I should write a Trip Report about your backyard.

(I'm assuming you noticed how I just completely avoided commenting on what I can only assume was you insinuating that they were either putting a hex on me or trying to throw me out.) :rotfl2::rotfl::lmao:

Yeah, I kind of noticed that. :lmao::lmao::lmao:

Before I get on with the rest of the Trip Report, I wanted to pause for a few minutes and say how wonderful it makes me feel that all of you are reading along. I'd also like to specifically thank all of the Houston-area readers for your kind words. I'm sure you were pretty surprised to see a Disney Trip Report in your own back yard,

Which is what got Bambi and I to thinking. We had such as good time exploring a new area of the country that we're thinking about doing it again. Which is where all of you come in.

Madison's spring break for next year is the first week of March. We have a few ideas of where to go, but we're not set on anything. So, here is your opportunity to sell us on your neck of the woods. What makes your hometown great? What draws people there? What keeps them coming back? Basically, why should someone come and spend their tourist dollars there? (Don't worry, if we like your city that much and decided to visit, we won't be hitting you up to crash on your couch or anything.)

So, if anyone is willing, leave a post here telling us why I should write a Trip Report about your backyard.

Well, there is no point in me doing this as you'll be in my "neck of the woods" next week. :goodvibes

Well, there is no point in me doing this as you'll be in my "neck of the woods" next week. :goodvibes

Yeah, what she said. :cool1:
See ya Monday.

Chicago doesn't seem like a "vacation destination." Not because it's not a cool city, but if I can drive there in 90 minutes or less, it just doesn't seem vacationy.

Yeah, what she said. :cool1:
See ya Monday.
I'm looking forward to it!

Hey, you mean I am sharing him on Monday? ;)
Yup. We're meeting up with Brian for dinner on Monday night. He's finally paying up his Deep Dish Pizza bet from the NFC Championship Game. :thumbsup2

Chicago doesn't seem like a "vacation destination." Not because it's not a cool city, but if I can drive there in 90 minutes or less, it just doesn't seem vacationy.

I'm looking forward to it!

Yup. We're meeting up with Brian for dinner on Monday night. He's finally paying up his Deep Dish Pizza bet from the NFC Championship Game. :thumbsup2

I could always build up Dubuque, Iowa, where my son lives for you. :lmao::lmao::lmao: Oh wait...that's probably not that far from you either. And he's a Packer fan so what does he know. :rolleyes1

Hey, you didn't say you were looking forward to seeing me on Monday. :headache:

Yeah, I kind of noticed that. :lmao::lmao::lmao:

I was telling Danny about your DIS meet Saturday (during that exciting ball game I was at :sad2:). I was thinking you were meeting on the week-end. I told him that they were doing a tour at Wrigley, he said he didn't think they did them on game days. Then my mind got to going (since it wasn't occupied by the ball game) and I thought maybe since there was a bus trip on Sunday, if that was the day of your meet, I might try to figure someway to crash it, or do a "drive-by" or something:rolleyes:. But I see you are meeting on Monday. The bad news is that I won't be able to stalk a pack of DIS-ers, the good news is, I won't have to sit through another one of those excruciating ball games! :woohoo::woohoo:

As promised, here are a bunch of pictures from the Lights! Motors! Action! Stunt show. I've made fun of it in the past for being overtly sponsored by Brawny Paper Towels - including having plenty of rolls of paper towel in the garage areas as you walk in. But this time as we sat down and waited for the show to begin, one of the shops caught my eye. If you don't already know, the show was developed at the Walt Disney Studios Park in France, so all of the shops are French. I don't speak French, but this translation seems pretty easy:
IMG_6413.JPG

But enough of the product placement. Let's get to some smoke and fire, flying cars and falling people, shall we?
IMG_6417.JPG

IMG_6418.JPG

IMG_6419.JPG

IMG_6420.JPG

Funny, when I break a window, it's usually is more pieces. And they're usually jagged. More Disney Magic!
IMG_6422.JPG

IMG_6426.JPG

IMG_6427.JPG

Ever wonder what the "crew" does while the cars are filming? They take a front row seat and watch.
IMG_6431.JPG

Clearly, the excitement of the show gets old after watching it 3 times a day, every day. Several times, a car would go into a skid and stop literally inches away from that stone wall. None of the four people sitting there even flinched. Yet another Disney job to submit my application for.

IMG_6433.JPG

IMG_6436.JPG

And just to prove that Madison was paying attention in Kindergarten's Fire Safety week, she started yelling "Stop Drop and Roll!" right about here:
IMG_6446.JPG

IMG_6447.JPG

IMG_6451.JPG

And the Grand Finale:
IMG_6454.JPG

So there you have it. If a picture is worth a thousand words, congratulate yourself. You just read 15,000 of FreezinRafiki's finest words.

Up Next: Lunch. At night. In the middle of the day.

I could always build up Dubuque, Iowa, where my son lives for you. :lmao::lmao::lmao: Oh wait...that's probably not that far from you either. And he's a Packer fan so what does he know. :rolleyes1
Oh. Dubuque. That sounds....nice. :confused3

Hey, you didn't say you were looking forward to seeing me on Monday. :headache:
Do foreign heads of state visiting the White House say they are looking forward to seeing the President?
Do Catholics visiting the Vatican say they are looking forward to seeing the pope?
Do hot tourists waiting in line in the blazing sun at Aloha Isle say they are looking forward to seeing a Dole Whip?

I thought some things were just implied and didn't need to be said...
:thumbsup2

I was telling Danny about your DIS meet Saturday (during that exciting ball game I was at :sad2:). I was thinking you were meeting on the week-end. I told him that they were doing a tour at Wrigley, he said he didn't think they did them on game days. Then my mind got to going (since it wasn't occupied by the ball game) and I thought maybe since there was a bus trip on Sunday, if that was the day of your meet, I might try to figure someway to crash it, or do a "drive-by" or something:rolleyes:. But I see you are meeting on Monday. The bad news is that I won't be able to stalk a pack of DIS-ers, the good news is, I won't have to sit through another one of those excruciating ball games! :woohoo::woohoo:

Oh man, I was looking forward to being stalked!

Funny, when I break a window, it's usually is more pieces. And they're usually jagged. More Disney Magic!
IMG_6422.JPG
I don't think you're supposed to notice things like that!

And just to prove that Madison was paying attention in Kindergarten's Fire Safety week, she started yelling "Stop Drop and Roll!" right about here:
IMG_6446.JPG
That made me lol! :lmao:

I think my backyard is a little bit far for you to go but if you want have a look at my PTR linked below. (free advertising?!) I've just made a post about our annual festival. You can start planning for next year lol! Why wouldn't you want to visit a town where they race piggies?! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter