House of blues??

mom2my3kids

DIS VETERAN
I purchased a coupon for 50.00 off a 100.00 purchase so we are going to house of blues..any reviews??

It was extremely busy when we were there a few weeks ago. I have a food allergy and was told that the chef was too busy to discuss my issues but he did relay some options to the waiter. That didnt really sit well with me but my kids were starving so I didnt leave. The food was pretty good. Thought the apps were better than entrees. Seemed like they were rushing us through. All in all an ok place but I wouldnt go out of my way to go there again.

Our Ratings of House of Blues: (*rev 6/6/2013*)
. . . food price value: D
. . . food quality: C
. . . food quantity per serving: C
. . . food prep speed: B
. . . food selection: C
. . . seating quantity: C
. . . seating comfort: D
. . . eatery atmosphere: C
. . . eatery convenience: C
. . . staff friendliness: B
. . . staff attentiveness: B
. . . character interaction: n/a

NOTE: The new menu is seriously disappointing. All HOB websites claim new menus by
Aaron Sanchez. Not sure if this is bragging or an apology. Supposed more Southwestern
USA and items are said to be bold-sassy-contemporary. They sadly miss. Additionally,
HOB at Disney used to be very reasonable and is now overpriced for what's on the plate.
It is still loud inside, as no acoustical aids. On the good side, the Sunday Gospel Lunch is
great for both music and food (make ressies!)

Well we've had several very good meals at the House of Blues! Top faves:

Meatball Sliders, Pulled Pork sliders, the Lobster Mac & Cheese (Wow), the Buttermilk Fried Chicken (enough to feed 2 people), Island Turkey Burger, the French Dip (melted, dripping, goodness). And Bourbon Bread pudding..... yum!

The wooden banquettes however, are not the most comfortable! The service as always been impeccable! Pricing, it's in line with other Disney restaurants!

Are here in September. The atmosphere wasn't my kind of place but the food was very good. I had the lobster Mac and cheese, amazing. Others in my party had jambalaya, fried chicken and steak - everyone enjoyed their meals.

The key lime pie for dessert was the best I've ever had. I'd go back just for that.

I hope you enjoy your meal here.

Our Ratings of House of Blues: (*rev 6/6/2013*)
. . . food price value: D
. . . food quality: C
. . . food quantity per serving: C
. . . food prep speed: B
. . . food selection: C
. . . seating quantity: C
. . . seating comfort: D
. . . eatery atmosphere: C
. . . eatery convenience: C
. . . staff friendliness: B
. . . staff attentiveness: B
. . . character interaction: n/a

NOTE: The new menu is seriously disappointing. All HOB websites claim new menus by
Aaron Sanchez. Not sure if this is bragging or an apology. Supposed more Southwestern
USA and items are said to be bold-sassy-contemporary. They sadly miss. Additionally,
HOB at Disney used to be very reasonable and is now overpriced for what's on the plate.
It is still loud inside, as no acoustical aids. On the good side, the Sunday Gospel Lunch is
great for both music and food (make ressies!)

Hmmm, I usually feel you are a little rough on your restaurant reviews, but fully agree with this one. We used to love House of Blues, but since the menu change do not care for it. We gave it two chances before writing it off. We loved the old menu and thought the prices were not bad. We just don't care for the food as much now. We live in Texas so eat alot of southwestern food. House of Blues used to serve good ole' southern cooking, but this new menu just misses somehow. It used to be one of the few restaurants that did not accept the DDP. The menu was really good and unique. They started the new menu about the time they started accepting the DDP. I can't helo but wonder if that had something to do with the decline. it's not bad really, just not as good as it used to be.

We also agree with you about the Gospel Sunday Brunch. We did that this past May and really enjoyed it. Even my then 79 y/o super ultraconservative mother was tapping her feet, clapping her hands, and smiling from ear to ear.:rotfl:

Thanks everyone, with the coupon its a steal so I think we are going to stick with the fried chicken nothing way out there..I hope they dont screw it up to much...

Thanks everyone, with the coupon its a steal so I think we are going to stick with the fried chicken nothing way out there..I hope they dont screw it up to much...

My son had the fried chicken on our one and only trip to House of Blues. It was more batter than chicken. None of our party liked our entrees however the desserts were all very good.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter