HOUSE, It just gets worse.

I agree. Maybe it doesn't bug me because I'm not in a medical field, but I really like the show and find it enjoyable. To me, it's more about the personalities which I get a kick out of.

Me too. I LOVE House. The banter between House and the other doctors (esp. arguing with Cuddy or his friend Wilson) just kills me. He is rude, obnoxious, and totally hilarious. :thumbsup2

Looking forward to the new season!!!

I LOVE House. I am bright enough to know that it is a complete fairy tale. However, it is a guilty pleasure.

Polite society would never allow anybody to act like that. Lawsuits would abound. But he is the representation of what you would like to say or do at times. Who doesn't get frustrated at the paperwork needed to get something done? Or dealing with idiots at times? Wouldn't you love, just once, to say 'screw the procedures, I know what needs to be done and it needs to be done now."

Or to tell somebody that they are an idiot and need to quit whining.

The one liners on the show are hilarious. The writing is fabulous.

I don't see it so much as a medical show, so don't care that the medicine is completely unrealistic. I live vicariously through House, seeing what obnoxious thing he is going to do or say next, something that could never, ever happen in real life.

I LOVE House. I am bright enough to know that it is a complete fairy tale. However, it is a guilty pleasure.

Polite society would never allow anybody to act like that. Lawsuits would abound. But he is the representation of what you would like to say or do at times. Who doesn't get frustrated at the paperwork needed to get something done? Or dealing with idiots at times? Wouldn't you love, just once, to say 'screw the procedures, I know what needs to be done and it needs to be done now."

Or to tell somebody that they are an idiot and need to quit whining.

The one liners on the show are hilarious. The writing is fabulous.

I don't see it so much as a medical show, so don't care that the medicine is completely unrealistic. I live vicariously through House, seeing what obnoxious thing he is going to do or say next, something that could never, ever happen in real life.

I love it too! I just watched the last episode again last night! The writing is crisp, the performances are stellar and House says all the cool things I'd LOVE to say!!

Besides, anyone who loves music as much as House does, and plays the piano as beautifully as he does has a good soul under all his outward mean behavior.

Dawn--you really have a love hate relationship with this show don't you?:lmao: I totally agree that it is unrealistic. And WHY does no patient complain about this idiot?? I am not in the medical profession but have spent enough time in the hospital with DS to know that none of this would fly. And hey, if DS urologist and nephrologist would actually do his ultrasounds and MRIs it would sure save me a lot of time. We could all just stand there and chat about what they see and I would not have to run around to a bunch of different appointments!

I really like his friend though--don't remember his name, but the other Dr who he stole the Rx pad from.

I must! :rotfl: Its like watching a train wreck, as unpleasant as it is, it is hard to look away! I think last night however was my last "house" night for a while!

Another one here who loves the show. I assume they, like other medical shows take liberty with the technical stuff of the job, but I'm watching it for the entertainment and the banter between the main characters. It's the same with cop shows, lawyer shows, dr shows, show biz shows etc.... It's TV

I love watching that show just because it is an absolute train wreck.

I loved the episode where they did brain surgery and erased a guy's memory because of some theory about his anxiety attacks and then when they were wrong and figured out the problem was completely unrelated and they had just destroyed a guy's brain for nothing they were like:

"Ooops! Oh, but it's ok. You have a loving family who will take care of you!!!!"

My daughter loves that show so I have seen parts of it. It makes me crazy though when someone is using a cane on the same side as their injury...that is a NO NO in the Physical Therapy world. That doc uses his cane on the wrong side. :rotfl:

And I had to keep explaining to the Physical Therapists that I could ONLY carry my baby on my left hip, so I HAD to use the cane on the wrong side.

I ended up with no mishaps and or limp despite doing it incorrectly. ;)

Yes, I can't stand shows like that. I could never figure out how Captain Kirk and the Star-Ship Enterprise Gets the first parking spot at the Space Port Every Time. For Once I would like to see all of the Spots Taken, And they have to hover around for a while like the rest of us.

Everyone keep telling yourself... it's just a TV show... it's just a TV show.....:happytv:

yep and it Hugh Laurie... His House voice is such a turn on.... now him in Stewart Little.... not so much.

I love watching that show just because it is an absolute train wreck.

I loved the episode where they did brain surgery and erased a guy's memory because of some theory about his anxiety attacks and then when they were wrong and figured out the problem was completely unrelated and they had just destroyed a guy's brain for nothing they were like:

"Ooops! Oh, but it's ok. You have a loving family who will take care of you!!!!"

I hated that one. But mostly I like the show. Because I love Hugh Laurie, the writing & Robert Sean Leonard (Dr. Wilson).

New season of House starts next week. I hope it's better than this past season.

herc.

His attitude isn't compatible with employment as a janitor, let alone a physician.

I gave up in the first 10 minutes of the very first episode, when he walked up to an unlocked med case and helped himself to a fistfull of pain killers. Um, sure.

Don't you realize it was a re-run? ;)

Jenny, i think you are right, that was probably GA, as I don't recall seeing that one on House (I watch both though)

I guess I don't care because TV is all about ENTERTAINMENT. No one ever gets anything right on any of these shows... nothing is close at all to being real.

Oh THank God! I thought I missed the premier and then TIVO and I were going to have to have a heart to heart talk about NOT RECORDING MY SHOWS!!!!!

~Amanda

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter