Hours so short?

wtrowbridge

Mouseketeer
We are going on Saturday April 29th and I was shocked to see the hours listed as 8am - 6pm. Is this normal for it to close at 6pm on a Saturday night?

It's listed as a Grad Bash night on the Universal website 7pm - 2am so that's probably why.

It happened to us too one Saturday last August - like a PP mentioned it was a private party I believe for some large hardware company or something.
Good thing Volcano Bay will be open this year when we go in case this happens again ;)

Glad I saw this - just learned our dates are affected by Grad Bash. I'm not too worried right now - thinking we will go full steam all day, then leave when the parks close for dinner and pool time at hotel.

Just want to confirm two things that could cause me to worry:
- will citywalk restaurants still be open once the parks close?
- since these are high school kids, the grad crowds won't be at the hotels, right?

The teen bash are locals
They don't stay onsite

Have to be 21 to book a room

City walk closes at 2:00 am
7 days a week

Some of the eateries stop serving food at midnight
Hrc is one that closes at midnight

Thanks guys, I did find all of this out when I called. We just decided to go in a day earlier, on Friday, so now we will have the better part of Friday and Saturday before 6pm on both days to see the parks.

We will be there early April and US closed at 8:30pm and IOA at 7pm, so you're not losing out on too much time fortunately!

Yeah, Grad Bash/Gradventure doesn't affect CityWalk at all. Most of the kids are bused in from schools across FL/GA and they typically go in back entrances (There will be buses EVERYWHERE around Universal when its going on, but they typically don't stay at the hotels)

The teens usually come in when their tickets allow them for entrance
If some have the ap, possible for them to come early

To get a room onsite, required to be 21 so dont see many book rooms unless parents go with

But who would want to go with parents ??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter