Hours before mhp busy?

DisneyMom234

Mouseketeer
We are trying to figure out which day is the best "non disney day" in our stay.
We have mhp party passes for the 22nd and then there is another party on the 23rd

Will saturday or friday before the mhp be the better option? What are the crowds normally like on mhp days? Are they less because its a shorter day and no fireworks etc if you dont have a pass??

I went on the first MHP of the year (Friday) and the morning and early afternoon crowds were pretty good. When the cross-over period happens (i.e., both day guests and MHP are allowed in the park), there was a noticeable increase in crowds. MHP guests are allowed to enter the park with their MHP three hours before the party starts (so at 3:00 pm on evenings when the party is at 6:00 pm and at 4:00 pm when the party starts at 7:00 pm).

I was also there the day of the first party and agree with Figment that the morning and early afternoon was wonderful as far as crowds go. I was not planning on attending the MHP, so I made sure to head over to DCA before 4pm. I ended up going over to DCA about 1:30. There were still RSR FPs available, so I grabbed one for 10pm. We had dinner at WCT at 6pm. When we got out of there, there was a noticeable difference in the crowds at DCA on MHP nights (which I figured would be the case). We watched the first WOC show, and then headed to Mad T party for a drink. When we went to RSR for our FP, the single rider line was predicted to be an hour long...we went right through though.

We were just there this past Friday. Crowds were moderate for most of the day, but at the witching (aka cross-over) hour, folks coming to the party were streaming into DL and the crowd levels increased dramatically. We called it a day and headed off site for dinner.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter