Hound's Perfect Storm 1 Day Report. Report Finished & Cliff Note version on Page 1.

Wow. A boy that wants to skip fireworks and the rest of his corny dog is one tired puppy! :thumbsup2

What an awesome whirlwind tour that day must have been! When's the next one? ;)

Thanks Alex2kMommy! :)

Alec is a great kid. & a great DLR wingman. Never complains & can go non-stop.....but when he hits the wall, he'll be asleep in 5-10 min.....period.

I knew when he handed my his half eaten corny dog, it was a long shot that i'd get him to the car on his own. I felt lucky he was able to weave down main st.....thru DTD & into the GCH before i had to toss him "sack of potatoes" like over the shoulder.:earsboy:

Hey Hound! :wave: Wow! You just made my head spin in your whirl of a day! The next time I go, I know to PM you for advice for how to get things done in that park! ;)

Hiya Dolce. :wave2:

Nice to see you (& I'm lovin' your "Spending 10 days in Luxury at WDW during the Holiday Season" report." :) ).

I’m glad that you and your son had a wonderful trip. You guys made me hungry with all of the food that you ate. I’m glad that the two of you had a lot of fun. :thumbsup2

I'd like to add that you have a beautiful family. :goodvibes

Thanks Dolce. :goodvibes

& you ought to link your DLR report for the folks here to read. One of the nicest & funnest reports I've read.

& to all who's interested in WDW....check out her WDW report (in her signature)....it's hilarious.

38, wow. I think my record is 33. You win. :lmao: Sounds like such a fun trip.

DLR 29....i bet if you had MM & a motivated wing man, you'd bust 50.

You probably know the park better than anyone here.....& i bet you wouldn't make as many corny dog stops. :lmao:

I can't find that picture! It was either on the picture of the day thread or one of the sticky picture threads. Well, I'll find it for you! :thumbsup2

Jesus said the SAME thing about college football after Thanksgiving. I know he watched all the bowls though.

He's also told me what a big deal HS football is in Texas! I really enjoy our local HS football games and teams. I can imagine what it's like there!

:cheer2: For finished TR!! Do you and Alec have another trip planned?

Thanks prettyprincessbelle. :goodvibes

It's definitely time to plan another visit to see the Matriarch Hound & Uncle Walt's park. :thumbsup2

Thanks Dolce. :goodvibes

& you ought to link your DLR report for the folks here to read. One of the nicest & funnest reports I've read.

& to all who's interested in WDW....check out her WDW report (in her signature)....it's hilarious.

Wow. Thanks. :goodvibes You're making me blush.

Honestly, I don't have the links available to my DL or my 2006 WDW TR's. I went to Disneyland Nov 2007 so I probably began writing the TR at the very end of Nov or early Dec 2007 if anyone is bored and really wants to look for a TR. I'm too tired to search back for it tonight.

But, really, thank you for the compliment Hound. I’m not one of the popular TR writers on the DIS so it is nice to hear that someone really likes my reports.

Hey Hound... sorry to get here so late for the end of your report but better late than never! I've been kinda slacking off for awhile. You know how writing those long trip reports kinda keep you otherwise occupied....thanks for stopping by.

Anyhoo.... the rest of your report was great! You and that boy of yours sure know how to do the park RIGHT! I bet you guys have a blast!

I am going to see if I can talk my DD into practicing the "split method" of eating our way through the park. Only difference might be that we could use it to our advantage to try a little of this and a little of that rather than several rounds of corn dogs.... not that there wouldn't be one of those in there too! And, we would have to substitute several selections of sweets for the jalapeno treats to go easy on my delicate stomach. The sweets would go over very well with DD and probably be the only way she could ever achieve the goal of making it in the park for 13 hours. She's not anywhere near the trooper that Alec appears to be.

I'd like to ask you a favor.... you see, my oldest son has the bright idea of thinking that we might want to check out WDW for a week but I am inclined to have my doubts as to whether we would enjoy it nearly as much as DL. The thought of trying to decide where to start is enough to give me a headache and then thinking about the hassle of trying to get around the parks are nearly enough to keep me from even considering it. Now after having read some of your comments I am thinking sticking w/DL would still be our best bet. As an obvious DL lover could you please share your impression of what you thought of WDW?

Hey Hound... sorry to get here so late for the end of your report but better late than never! I've been kinda slacking off for awhile. You know how writing those long trip reports kinda keep you otherwise occupied....thanks for stopping by.

Anyhoo.... the rest of your report was great! You and that boy of yours sure know how to do the park RIGHT! I bet you guys have a blast!

I am going to see if I can talk my DD into practicing the "split method" of eating our way through the park. Only difference might be that we could use it to our advantage to try a little of this and a little of that rather than several rounds of corn dogs.... not that there wouldn't be one of those in there too! And, we would have to substitute several selections of sweets for the jalapeno treats to go easy on my delicate stomach. The sweets would go over very well with DD and probably be the only way she could ever achieve the goal of making it in the park for 13 hours. She's not anywhere near the trooper that Alec appears to be.

I'd like to ask you a favor.... you see, my oldest son has the bright idea of thinking that we might want to check out WDW for a week but I am inclined to have my doubts as to whether we would enjoy it nearly as much as DL. The thought of trying to decide where to start is enough to give me a headache and then thinking about the hassle of trying to get around the parks are nearly enough to keep me from even considering it. Now after having read some of your comments I am thinking sticking w/DL would still be our best bet. As an obvious DL lover could you please share your impression of what you thought of WDW?

I'm a DLR lover for a number of reasons:

- The original.
- Family in LA.
- I like 1-3 days at the parks. (2-3 times a year)

& lots of other reasons.

DLR fits into the way i like to tour & the way I'm able to vacation.....BUT....

....WDW is GREAT. In a perfect world, I'd visit WDW every 3-4 disney trips. (& i know nothing about the out of country resorts....but would probably love those too.)

If i had a week for vacations....& had never been to WDW I would definitely do it. But with the following thoughts:

- Off Season....definitely off season.
- Maybe during the free food time (September?)
- NOT during the summer (it's Houston Humid AND crowded).
- NOT during spring break....crowded.

- Look at the park visits as segments as opposed to days. One or two segments per day.....& zig when others are zagging.
- Break up the segments with pool breaks & rest.
- Skip a morning or evening "segment" every 2-3 days with a water park or DTD/Boardwalk visit. WDW really does a good job with the all emcompassing immersion thing.
- If you're cool with Harbor Blvd. motels, you'll be cool with the value resorts. We liked the mods (for a few dollars more than the values) & but could never justify the price for the deluxes...but that's us.

I can see why alot of folks prefer WDW over DLR, but they're not me....but you actually may be a real good fit for WDW (given the way you all like to vacation for 7+ days).

Hope that helps. pirate:

If I may chime in as a DLR lover, WDW one-timer, and only a couple years younger than your DS...

I agree with everything Hound said, but with the ages of your kids off season might not be possible. This was the case for our family, so we went during the summer, knowing that it would be crowded, hot, blah blah... But still, we had a FANTASTIC time.

One piece of advice I have is to not go to WDW expecting DLR. It's a totally different atmosphere with different rides, resorts, transportation, dining, recreation, etc. It can seem a little overwhelming. Check out the many WDW boards on the DISboards (just be warned of the VERY different personalities of the people on "those boards" as opposed to the DLR boards) and I HIGHLY recommend buying the Unofficial Guide to WDW. It's so helpful in it's huge amount of info. WDW is definitely worth checking out because:
a) it's fun (duh)
b) it's something completely different from DLR (even though they both have the "disney parks" in common)
c) it has so many attractions, entertainment options, and dining options that DLR doesn't have

I'm a DLR lover for a number of reasons:

- The original.
- Family in LA.
- I like 1-3 days at the parks. (2-3 times a year)

& lots of other reasons.

DLR fits into the way i like to tour & the way I'm able to vacation.....BUT....

....WDW is GREAT. In a perfect world, I'd visit WDW every 3-4 disney trips. (& i know nothing about the out of country resorts....but would probably love those too.)

If i had a week for vacations....& had never been to WDW I would definitely do it. But with the following thoughts:

- Off Season....definitely off season.
- Maybe during the free food time (September?)
- NOT during the summer (it's Houston Humid AND crowded).
- NOT during spring break....crowded.

- Look at the park visits as segments as opposed to days. One or two segments per day.....& zig when others are zagging.
- Break up the segments with pool breaks & rest.
- Skip a morning or evening "segment" every 2-3 days with a water park or DTD/Boardwalk visit. WDW really does a good job with the all emcompassing immersion thing.
- If you're cool with Harbor Blvd. motels, you'll be cool with the value resorts. We liked the mods (for a few dollars more than the values) & but could never justify the price for the deluxes...but that's us.

I can see why alot of folks prefer WDW over DLR, but they're not me....but you actually may be a real good fit for WDW (given the way you all like to vacation for 7+ days).

Hope that helps. pirate:

Thanks Hound! That's the sort of inside info I am looking for! Someone who understands and loves both parks. I can tell that I am really gonna have to do some homework to avoid things like hurricane season and learn what we would like to see in which park and where to stay and if we would want to use the transportation system or bring our own. I've done a little scanning but I know I have just barely scratched the surface.

If I may chime in as a DLR lover, WDW one-timer, and only a couple years younger than your DS...

I agree with everything Hound said, but with the ages of your kids off season might not be possible. This was the case for our family, so we went during the summer, knowing that it would be crowded, hot, blah blah... But still, we had a FANTASTIC time.

One piece of advice I have is to not go to WDW expecting DLR. It's a totally different atmosphere with different rides, resorts, transportation, dining, recreation, etc. It can seem a little overwhelming. Check out the many WDW boards on the DISboards (just be warned of the VERY different personalities of the people on "those boards" as opposed to the DLR boards) and I HIGHLY recommend buying the Unofficial Guide to WDW. It's so helpful in it's huge amount of info. WDW is definitely worth checking out because:
a) it's fun (duh)
b) it's something completely different from DLR (even though they both have the "disney parks" in common)
c) it has so many attractions, entertainment options, and dining options that DLR doesn't have
Thanks for chiming in DLR29! Actually, we homeschool so traveling in the off season is not a problem. As a matter of fact we have always been fortunate that we have not ever taken a trip during peak time. Fall is our traditional family vacation time.

It is going to be a tough thing to not compare it because the family LOVES Disneyland so much! But we would be prepared so all we can do is try. I am hoping that we love all things Disney just enough to like WDW too. God help us if we fall in love with it too! Don't know how we would manage to make it both places regularly!
Yep, just perusing a few pages of WDW has already been downright overwhelming! Guess I best go find me a copy of that Unofficial Guide to WDW!

Thanks for sharing, I have learned some new tips and tricks from your post.

As two hurry hurry let's go-type adults, we have done DL/DCA in a single day a few times. It's really a fast-paced day, no time for real restaurants, just grab & go foods. No time to relax or sit (we rest while we are in line, we sit on attractions, lol). One time we pushed ourselves too hard and we both accidentally feel asleep during the Aladdin show because of the darkness and cushy seats.

Each and every time we do have to make some cuts because we just cannot fit it all in. We went during Xmas-time 2009 and I really wanted to see the reindeer, but we ended up missing them. And it was too cold for Splash Mtn.

It's a crazy day, but we have a tight Disney budget (we are still paying off our DVC membership), so that's the way we have to do it for now.

We are planning our next 1-day DL-DCA adventure for December 2010 :woohoo:

You have given me hope that I can accomplish all in two days! Thanks
:cheer2:

Oh my goodness....the one day Commando report got bumped. :scared1:

I don't know about accomplishing it ALL, Jennifer. ;)

But if one has a plan & gets to Walt's park early.....is prepared to zig when others are zagging & know that you'll have to jump off the "plan" at times.....then one can accomplish alot. :hippie:

So good and entertaining! Thanks for taking the time to post! Fello' Texan!

Thanks CRARMY! :)

Thanks for sharing, I have learned some new tips and tricks from your post......We are planning our next 1-day DL-DCA adventure for December 2010

Thanks Rat-ta-too-eee! How'd your commando trip go in December??

When is Hound going back??

I'm hoping for a November or early Dec. visit Mike. How about you all? :yay:

:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter