Hotwire car rental?

AK_Christina

Khaleesi of the North
Has anyone rented a car with hotwire.com? I just used them for a recent trip of DHs in LA. The rental was supposed to be unlimited miles but at the end of the day we got charged $77 in mileage. (Hotwire says Enterprise did not pass along to them that there was geographical restrictions or something of the like) I am waiting to hear back from Hotwire to see if they will be reimbursing me for this charge since it was not stated in my original booking.

But that being said I had been planning on renting from them for our Disney trip come June as they are over $100 cheaper than anywhere else I can find but it will obviously NOT be a bargain if I get hit with mileage charges for 10 days worth of driving around.

We rent through Hotwire all the time and have never had a problem.We were just at WDW and got a midsize from Hertz for $150. Have used several different companies through them and have never been charged extra. It seems like enterprise may have made the error.

I've used hotwire many times & have never been charged a mileage fee....hopefully it was a glitch & you get your $$ back. Good luck :)

Yay! I was hoping that people would have positive experiences there in the Orlando area. Thinking I will wait and see if they refund my money from the first rental, then use that towards the Disney one. =)

I've used hotwire many times & have never been charged a mileage fee....hopefully it was a glitch & you get your $$ back. Good luck :)

I have used hotwire numerous times and never had to pay any extra fees - I have rented at Orlando 4 times, in Hawaii (Big Island & Maui) with no problems at all.

None of my rentals were with Enterprise though, I personally don't like the company - I hit a deer a couple of years ago after Christmas and my insurance agency only dealt with Enterprise - well, driving home with the car rental, the windshield cracked (it was 50 below 0 so extremely cold) and since the windshield had cracked while I was driving it, I had to pay for it ($450). I will not rent from them ever just on principle. If I had done something that caused the crack, I would have been okay paying but I didn't.

Have any of you used hotwire to rent a car from Disney property rather than from the airport? Only need it for a couple of days out of our trip and am considering using hotwire, but I'm concerned that it might book me with a company that is awkward to get to or something. Will be staying at AKL at the time.

I rented through hotwire in the Orlando area and didn't have a problem - the rental was through Alamo - no extra charges. I am using hotwire again for my next trip - got Alamo again. :) All my hotwire rentals have been from the airport.

Interested in the same thing as jrtoastyman about hotwire around Disney, not at the airport. TIA

I rented a car in Orlando through Hotwire last November and it ended up being an Enterprise car. We drove that car all around Orlando and took a trip to the Kennedy Space Center without being charged any extra.

You shouldn't have a problem but then again you shouldn't have had a problem in the LA area either :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter