• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Hotels at/near Indy airport?

Belle0101

Nothing to see here.
DH is going to drive us (DS10, DS5 and me) to Indy the night before our flight so we don't have to get as early a start the day of our flight.

Are there any reccomendations for hotels near the Indy airport that are:

#1 safe since it will be me and 2 children (preferably a hotel with interior corridors) :earsgirl: :earsboy: :earsboy:

#2 offer a shuttle to the airport since we will be without transportation to the airport :moped:

#3 price is my last concern but at the same time spending a small fortune takes away from my :mickeybar fund

DH will be flying down a week later :cool1:

Thanks in advance for your suggestions!! :wave2:

Try www.parksleepfly.com

We got a $79.00 rate at LaQuinta, that incl. up to 14 days, of parking, a cont. breakfast (that really wasn't too bad), and a shuttle to the airport.

The rooms are fairly small, but more than adequate, very clean, and fairly new. All indoor corridors too. It is about 3/4 mile from the airport.

Days Inn, Hampton Inn, La Quinta, all three have breakfast and free shuttle service and free parking.

we stayed at Baymont Inn last July right outside airport. Cheap, I was not impressed but if you are only looking for a clean place to sleep this might do.

Adams Mark is pretty nice and is close and has a shuttle and inside corridors. It can be had through priceline fairly cheap- hope it helps!I used to live in Indy till a couple of years ago and the area by the airport is not the safest so be careful!

Holiday Inn, rates were reasonable, able to buy breakfast, shuttle to airport, express check-out.

We have gotten the Hampton Inn twice recently by bidding for a 2.5* property on Priceline...got it for $35/night before taxes and fees. It was excellent. Recently redone, excellent shuttle service to the airport (they let you leave your car there for free while you are gone!!) and a nice breakfast. The shuttle will also run you to area restaurants. The Baymont and LaQuinta as well as the Adams Mark are all right there by the Hampton...we have stayed at the others before...the Hampton is by far my favorite.

They also have complimentary computers and printers available so you can print out boarding passes etc, which is a big help.

So the Hampton Inn let you park there for the week, even though you used Priceline?
I was wondering about this, because we were looking at one of the Sleep & Fly hotels in Indy for next month thru one of the discounters. When we called to check, we were told that we could not leave our car there, if we booked through a discount booking service.
So, right now, we have a room booked about 15 minutes from the airport at the employee rate (15.00/night), but are paying about 60.00 to park at the airport for 8 days (no airport shuttle).
It would save us a little bit of money, plus be closer if I could get the Hampton Inn thru Priceline. Hmmmmmmm..........

we usually go with 3* on priceline and get the Raddison. It now runs about $40 a night, but there is no free breakfast and you have to pay to leave your car there. On the plus side, since its almost in the airport parking lot, the shuttle service is quick!

We have gotten the baymont for $25 a night on priceline,they do have free breakfast, but they don't have a shuttle.

We our trying the LaQuinta this trip, the Days Inn did not have parking during the time we are going. I thought on the Holiday Inn site it said they did not offer park & Fly.

Kae

SB in KY said:
We have gotten the Hampton Inn twice recently by bidding for a 2.5* property on Priceline...got it for $35/night before taxes and fees. It was excellent. Recently redone, excellent shuttle service to the airport (they let you leave your car there for free while you are gone!!) and a nice breakfast. The shuttle will also run you to area restaurants. The Baymont and LaQuinta as well as the Adams Mark are all right there by the Hampton...we have stayed at the others before...the Hampton is by far my favorite.

They also have complimentary computers and printers available so you can print out boarding passes etc, which is a big help.

OK--I took the PL plunge (haven't used them for years!). I also got the Hampton Inn for 35.00 (+ taxes and fees).
It saved me about 25.00 plus the cost of breakfast for 4. Plus now,we'll be closer to the airport than we were going to be (when staying at the hotel we had originally booked, when we were using DH's employee discount) so a few minutes extra sleep (flight leaves at 8:10 a.m.)
I was a little apprehensive, worrying that I might get LaQuinta Inn, since they charge extra for parking if you book through PL and that was going to end up costing me more than I was paying the other way.

Thanks for the heads-up!

We usually stay at the Radisson. They do offer a shuttle but we usually just walk across the street since it's so close. I feel very safe and see lots of airline staff staying there. The king suites are nice with kids as you can put them to bed and then be up for a while without disturbing them. We did get a room with no hot water once (which we found out at 4 a.m.) but stayed last Sunday night and everything was great.

Thanks for all your replies!

A question about the Raddison though. I noticed cdrn1 that you walked across the street to the hotel. Is it a lightly traveled street? I'd be trying to cross it with a stroller, a 5 year old in the stroller, a 10 year old and if we're really lucky, 1 bag to check and 2 carry-ons. Our flight leaves at 8:05 a.m. Is this something that would be safe to do so early in the morning?

Again, thanks for all your replies, I really appreciate the help! :wave:

ETA: I checked the Raddison and there are no available rooms for my date. But I'm wondering if I can use the shuttle at the other hotels if I'm not booking the "Park and Fly" rates. My DH is driving us to the hotel and then going home (Nappanee) so I won't have a car or a need to use the parking service. Anybody know for sure?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter