• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Hotels around Orlando airport

Mason3

Mouseketeer
I am asking for advice on hotels around the Orlando airport. We usually drive in but will be flying for this cruise. I have no idea where to book a room.

Does the Magical Express only pick up at the airport, or are there some hotels where it will also get you?

Finally, are there any wine shops nearby the airport? We would like to carry some on the ship rather than buying on board.

ME will only take you from the airport to a WDW resort. I don't know much about the surrounding hotels because I always stay on property, but you may want to look at hotels on International Drive. You may want to check tripadvisor to see how they rate the various hotels.

The DCL bus picks up at the airport and has special arrangements with the airport Hyatt. You can get bargain rates at the Hyatt and still use the easy DCL check-in. Just tell the people at the desk when you check-in and they will give you the info on where to leave your luggage and where to meet for cruise check-in. The Hyatt is where Disney will book you if you do it through them.

You can use any of the other airport hotels, but will have to shuttle back to the airport to catch the bus.

There are many threads on how to get the best rate at the Hyatt just search for them.

The hyatt was good and we got a good deal too. How long would you need a room for? If its a night then the hyatt may be a good option you dont have to worry about arriving late etc and waiting for transport to another hotel you can just collect your bags and check in. We then got the disney cruise line bus to the port, we left our suitcases in the room and next saw them on the ship.

Otherwise like others have said international drive would be a good place to go.

As for a place to get wine from, there are good bus links from the airport to florida mall but i am sure there would be a walmart or something near by. Hope that helps

We always stay at the Hilton Garden Inn or the Embassy Suites. Both have shuttle service from the airport.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter