Hotels and areas

zyarkz

Earning My Ears
Hi,

We'll spend 5-6 days in Disney parks and 3-4 in Universal parks just in 3 weeks. Since we'll travel by our own car, it seems crazy to spend 50$/day for parking parks and Drury Plaza Disney Springs hotel that was our 1st choice... so we're looking for alternatives (or a Drury free parking promo code ;-P)

Which areas should we choose for staying just in a single hotel?
Is Flamingo Crossings far enough for not being a good 1 hotel area?
Hampton Inn Lake Buena Vista is a good choice?
Better to split in 2 different hotels like Home2 suites Flamingo Crossings and Drury Inn near Universal?

BTW, we're traveling with an 8 yo child and looking for a hotel with a nice pool and 160$/night price.... (including breakfast and parking)

Hi,

We'll spend 5-6 days in Disney parks and 3-4 in Universal parks just in 3 weeks. Since we'll travel by our own car, it seems crazy to spend 50$/day for parking parks and Drury Plaza Disney Springs hotel that was our 1st choice... so we're looking for alternatives (or a Drury free parking promo code ;-P)

Better to split in 2 different hotels like Home2 suites Flamingo Crossings and Drury Inn near Universal?

BTW, we're traveling with an 8 yo child and looking for a hotel with a nice pool and 160$/night price.... (including breakfast and parking)
If you are saying you are going in 3 weeks you should have no trouble being under budget, maybe way under.

So if you don't want to move and go to both parks I highly suggest you look at the "Palm Parkway" area. Minutes to Disney Springs and easy ride to Universal because you don't have to get on I-4 and you drive straight to the Universal Parking Garage. We've done it often.

Flamingo Crossing will be a log drive to Universal, it is farthest west area just outside Disney property. Great place but I'd only stay again if only doing Disney.

Hampton Inn Lake Buena Vista is a good choice, part of the Palm Parkway area. Stayed many times. Renovated about 5 years ago. Also check the rates of the Homewood Suites, breakfast & evening eats if you are around. Lots of fast food around all of them. Hilton pool is pretty basic, Homewood a bit nicer as it's in a nice courtyard. Drury by Universal is also basic and that area is HIGHLY congested.

Look at Embassy Suites Lake Buena VIsta. They have the extra fees but if you are going in 3 weeks the rates might make up for it. They do an EXCELLENT breakfast buffet, made to order omelets. They have an evening reception. Their resort fee is for the upgraded pool and play area you son might love.

There are lots of other brands all along that section of Palm Parkway up to Darryl Carter, with close by dining of all levels, outlet mall etc. I think it's a prime area to stay if doing both parks. Check photos for pools, some might be a great choice but not a fancy pool.

Now I have not stayed, but driven past it many many times and stay often across road from it look at ...

Holiday Inn Resort: Orlando Suites - Waterpark <LINK

Again if in three weeks the rates are good. It is minutes on to Disney property and a fairly easy drive to Universal (done it often). Has a waterpark your son will love. Renovated just before COVID I think and the suites rooms are cool. You can get a room with a bedroom, a bunk bed room, super fun. Good space for longer trip.

Last edited:
Hi,

I would likely rent a 1BR timeshare for a long stay like that, someplace in the middle like Sheraton Vistana or one of the Marriott properties. You would get a full kitchen, washer/dryer and free parking for likely much less than the cost of a hotel.

If going the hotel route, I would consider one the Universal Hotels like Endless Summer or Cabana Bay so I don't have to drive. Then I would move down to the Disney zone and stay in Drury. Or vice-versa.

It's a balance of saving money vs. the easiest experience. I tend to pay a bit more so I don't have to drive.

Don’t forget to check daily fees and taxes and parking, etc…

I love Cabana Bay …but recently stayed at the Surfside (part of 2 Endless Summer Resorts across street from each other..the other is Dosckside. Both owned by Loews . They have excellent quality for even the “value” resorts. I was surprised how much I loved Surfside …
Their is a Best Western almost connected to the Surfside and I think many people enter Surfside Resort for excellent quick service selections ,reasonably priced and then get on the USO shuttle service …
All USO Loews Resorts have a Starbucks in lobby too and excellent shuttle service provided by Mears plus lovely water taxi transport to check out their deluxe resorts! Available to all .
I love Universal Studios Orlando …

Also suggest POP Century if you can find a good discount… I also Love POP !

That H. Inn Water theme park location … keep wondering why it is so popular. Except for the price? It is technically closer to WDW and near Gaylord if it is the same location… I keep thinking I need to just park and check out that H. Inn
During Covid I drove past and for many months afterwards it was closed… except for all the Homelsee people that seemed to be living there …It was weirdly strange…
I hope they deep scrubbed and got rid of all the mold , etc…
I am not mentioning the correct name of this place because I do not have anything to prove my suspicions except living in Kissimee … ( also very moldy )…
That is why I mention I really need to park and enter property to take a look around. Just don’t want to pay for parking and definitely would not take pictures… But it is really popular and parking lot always looks busy. I think it appears to be a good size resort. And was very popular before Covid.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter