Hotel Touring Must Visits?

CireEdorelkrah

Earning My Ears
We are going to the world in 4 day! One of the days we are planning on going to the different hotels to see all the neat designs and scenery and possibly decide where we want to stay next time.

We are going to all the deluxe resorts definitly but what are some of the moderate or even value hotels that are must visits? Also what are the must sees at the different hotels? These would be things that you shouldn't miss when visiting the hotels.

We've found the best decorations to be at GF and WL in past years. The spectacular lobbies just lend themselves to a great vista. Strangely, the decorations in the Contemporary's lobby or concourse have underwhelmed us.

AKL has gotten more into holiday decorations (originally they and the Poly did little along those lines) so I'd include that on the list.

We haven't checked the moderate or value resorts in many years so I can't answer that part of your question.

Are you visiting to see the Xmas decorations or just to see the decor of the resorts for future visits?

If it's for Xmas decorations too, then the WL, IMHO has the best decorations. Followed by the GF, BWI, BC/YC.

We also were underwhelmed by the decor at the CR, and also at the POLY.

As for visiting the mods or values for checking out the decor for future visits, I would say AoA is not to be missed. Also, CBR, POR & PORFQ.

When we go visit the other resorts, we like to either do an activity there or eat something special there. For example, the pulled pork sandwhich at the Poly, or a dole whip there. The S'mors cupcake at the WL, bienets at PORFQ, or a ride on a boat at the CR, animal viewing at AKL, watching the fireworks from the POLY beach, renting a surrey bike on the BW, just to name a few things ;)

Actually I didn't even think about the holiday decorations lol. I was asking about normal hotel decor and atmosphere. Holiday decorations are a plus though.

Every year we do the monorail loop finish and start at the Grand Floridian. I agree the Poly and CR are underwhelming. Then we head to Beach club and then take the boat over to BWI and walk back to BC via the Swan and Dolphin walkway that is lite up. It is a fun way to spend the day. Enjoy! :santa:

I have also heard for Christmas decorations, a walk through the Campsites at Fort Wilderness is totally worth it.

Far as general decor, any Deluxe is worth checking out, but other than Art of Animation, I couldn't tell you much about the Values and Moderates except to say Pop Century is OK, but it doesn't "wow" me. I've never visited any of the others.

We are going to all the deluxe resorts definitly but what are some of the moderate or even value hotels that are must visits? Also what are the must sees at the different hotels? These would be things that you shouldn't miss when visiting the hotels.

You already indicated you're gong to check out the Deluxe resorts, which I highly recommend doing. I'd even consider having a meal at some of them because they tend to have very good restaurants as well.

In terms of the moderates, I would go see Port Orleans French Quarter and Riverside. I liked the color schemes at the POFQ and then pool is pretty cute. The food court at POR is one of my favorites (in terms of offerings).

In terms of the values, I would go see Art of Animation and one of the All Stars. Art of Animation has a cool looking pool and lots of cute decorations. The All Stars are all very similar (the themes are different, but the general look/feel is similar to me), so I would just pick one and get a feel for it. I liked Movies the best but that's because of the giant Disney characters/decor around the resort.

Personally, I would start with the values, then the moderates, and end with the Deluxe resorts.

I love touring the other resorts, especially at this time of year. This is how I do it.......

When I'm at the MK, I hop on the monorail and get off at the CR and check it out. Then I take the boat over to WL. Boat back to the CR and back on the monorail. You can stop at the Polynesian, but I find it doesn't have the best holiday decor. Then over to the GF, the grande dame of the deluxe resorts. Then back to the MK.
When at Epcot, I exit the park through the International Gateway and head over to the Epcot resorts. You can start with either Boardwalk or Beach Club. Either way, you can just circle the lake and check out those resorts. Then you can head back to Epcot.
There are some moderates that are fun to check out. I prefer POR/FQ. You can take a bus from any park.

I think the must visits are: GF and Poly, and Boardwalk. One year we visited POR just because we wanted to check it out. We actually really enjoyed walking around before taking the boat to DTD. It was such a fun ride, as we passed the Treehouse Villas (this was before they re-opened).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter