Hotel THREW Out Our Gifts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you have the do not disturb sign up?

This. :thumbsup2 When I don't want anyone entering I always put up the sign. Sometimes I leave it up for days. Since you are still there I would put the sign up. I clean enough at home. I don't always want to clean the hotel room.

I feel the stuff was stolen, I mean I cant see how the bags could have been mistaken as trash!

The number of ppl in the room have NOTHING to do with what the OP was asking! So what if it was a mess, who has the RIGHT to judge? That was completely uncalled for!

What if yall are wrong and its a honest post then you've hurt someone feelings for nothing! We are all here for the same reason, why cant we just get along and be DRAMA FREE!

OP hope you get it sorted out.. Id love to hear the out come..

OP says the bags were filled with garbage on top, and sat next to the garbage can. I can see how they were mistaken for trash IF they were taken by housekeeping.

As a Hotel Manager I would recomend this...

1. Be Calm and go to the front dest and ask to speak to the General Manager. Explain everything thin to him and show your recipts for everything.
2. Understand that this seems to be a large mistake and MOST hotels will do what they can to make it right.
3. Understand that by placing the stuff infront of the trash can the housekeeper more then likely thought it was trash that would nor fit in the can.
4. You more then likely will not be getting the stuff back. This is due to the fact that each housekeeper cleans up to 18 rooms a day normaly and they deal with a lot of trash everyday. There is more then likely many dumpsters and compactors for the hotel.
5. If doing all of this does not get you anywhere please try calling the hotel company and ask for guest assistance. Normaly they can file a complaint against the hotel and you will get the issue taken care of.

The hotel will more then likely give you your stay free for something along that line. If the things were that hard to find they would not have the option to just replace them and would do something that works out to what you have on the recipts. Once again please be CALM when you deal with the issue and they are more likely to go out of thier way to help you out and make it right.

Well that's only how you feel, Are you a leader of these Boards, or what?, don't think sooooooooooooooo

We're staying at the clarion lbv and I requested NO room service for the week we're here. Kids make messes and I cannot separate daily/hourly what's what so I asked that they please not clean. They said fine. No cleaning yeserday. Figured they all got the message. today, come in after downtown disney and they cleaned and threw out a whole bunch of souvies and stuff with the trash. I hadn't gone through the bags quite yet and there was cardboard and stuff mixed with toys and clothing and all. I am LIVID! It's about $300 worth of items. It went out into the dumpster already. They filed a report and the supervisor is going to talk to me later. I don't want to wait for a check. I want the stuff NOW! This is ridiculous. I've never had this before. What do I do? How do I handle this? Will they replace the stuff? They asked the value and I said about $300. I don't want the cash per say, just the stuff we got for my kids. They're so upset.

Three years ago, we stayed at a very upscale hotel in Key West (Santa Maria Suites). Ours was a two-story suite with a full kitchen, living room, two upstairs bedrooms, and three baths. It was gorgeous and very secure, or so we thought.

The newspapers were delivered every morning and sometimes we had time to read them, sometimes we didn't. Whether or not they were still in the plastic wrappers, we noticed that the papers were thrown away every time the suite was cleaned. I thought it was odd for unread newspapers to be considered trash, but the front desk blamed it on the cleaning crew being "thorough."

After one shopping trip specifically for gift souvenirs the night before we left, we put our merchandise bags on the coffee table in front of the TV in the living room. We went out for dinner and when we came back, every bag was gone. We checked the trash, the luggage, under the couches, in the couches, etc. We called the front desk and of course, by then, all of the cleaning staff had left. The bags were small, smooth, plain paper bags, but the items in them were family gifts: Sharks tooth necklaces, three Christmas ornaments depicting Santa on a sleigh pulled by dolphins, and several pairs of shell earrings. The bags were obviously not empty and their contents were obviously not trash.

The hotel manager offered to reimburse me, but I wanted the merchandise. We were flying out the following morning before the shop opened, so there was no way for us to repurchase the items. Once it opened, he went to the same store we had shopped at, purchased the same items based on my descriptions, and sent them to my home via express mail. I was very pleased with the resolution. I hope Clarion is as helpful with you.

OMG, some of you ppl are crazy, stupid, mean, and so un-kind, Let her be, and the balls for someone to post and say, Well w/ that many kids in one room, maybe that's why she didn't want anyone in the room, trying to screw the hotel on the limit of ppl, who gives a damn, they were small kids, i would do the same thing, even if i had to on a Disney Resort, they screw us enough with their prices. Some of you act like you have never, ever done any wrong.
I am not a mean person, but it urks me the way some of you Dis fellows act.She's a single Mom, at least she has her KIDS and trying to have Fun w/ them, more than i can say about a lot of ppl that don't.
Have a Good Day !!!,
I hate to think of what some of you say behind my back:rotfl:

Seriously there really is no need to get that upset. I also think your take on the occupancy issue is a little off. Just because you feel as though you are being taken advantage price wise does not give you a pass to break the rules which are their usually for safety reasons. . I have a bit of advice if you find a room or vacation spot to expensive that you feel you have to get over on them to make yourself feel better than maybe you should rethink your vacation destinations.

Still trying to understand this thread. OP is staying 12 nights in a single hotel room with 5 kids, 2 are in diapers. She requests no cleaning of room during this stay and she is upset that the room was cleaned and items that looked like trash were mixed in with new items and were located by the trash were thrown away? Previous posts address looking for a rate cheaper than $49.00 per night? While I am amazed at your ability to manage that many children at those young ages by yourself on vacation, I don't understand how you would think the hotel would not want to clean your room:confused3. It is unrealistic to think that the hotel staff would not check the room. I would present my receipts and wait for the hotel manager to address your issue. Since it is the week before Easter, I am sure that the hotel is busy. The dollar value of the items looks exactly like the rate amount you were asking board posters about before, somewhere around 50% less than your current rate. Appears to be a strange coincidence.

Still trying to understand this thread. OP is staying 12 nights in a single hotel room with 5 kids, 2 are in diapers. She requests no cleaning of room during this stay and she is upset that the room was cleaned and items that looked like trash were mixed in with new items and were located by the trash were thrown away? Previous posts address looking for a rate cheaper than $49.00 per night? While I am amazed at your ability to manage that many children at those young ages by yourself on vacation, I don't understand how you would think the hotel would not want to clean your room:confused3. It is unrealistic to think that the hotel staff would not check the room. I would present my receipts and wait for the hotel manager to address your issue. Since it is the week before Easter, I am sure that the hotel is busy. The dollar value of the items looks exactly like the rate amount you were asking board posters about before, somewhere around 50% less than your current rate. Appears to be a strange coincidence.

Doesn't it?

Wouldn't the old diapers start to stink after just a couple days?

And how would YOU like to be in the room next door with that many little kids under the supervision of one adult?

Seriously there really is no need to get that upset. I also think your take on the occupancy issue is a little off. Just because you feel as though you are being taken advantage price wise does not give you a pass to break the rules which are their usually for safety reasons. . I have a bit of advice if you find a room or vacation spot to expensive that you feel you have to get over on them to make yourself feel better than maybe you should rethink your vacation destinations

Excuse me, i have never ever screwed Disney, i pay for my s..., and you need to go take a Hike, i am not Upset, i just said some of you ppl are mean, etc, this is suppose to be friendly boards, if you want gossip, go to Facebook !!!
and besides, it's none of your business how many or what she puts in her room, why the crap does it bother you...case dropped

But you would if you had too!
who gives a damn, they were small kids, i would do the same thing, even if i had to on a Disney Resort, they screw us enough with their prices

Excuse me, i have never ever screwed Disney, i pay for my s..., and you need to go take a Hike, i am not Upset, i just said some of you ppl are mean, etc, this is suppose to be friendly boards, if you want gossip, go to Facebook !!!
and besides, it's none of your business how many or what she puts in her room, why the crap does it bother you...case dropped

Yet, the ONLY posts you have on this thread are to insult and attack other posters. You've posted NOTHING remotely helpful to the OP.

You may want to take your own advice.

OP - I *think* you said that you only used cash (if I remember your previous threads), but on the off chance that you used your credit card, you might try calling them. I know that my credit card will re-imburse me if something is lost/stolen (provided I have a police report) within a specific amount time after purchase (mine is a year).

I will say no more after this, but to the Newbies, please don't bash ppl on the boards, new or old.....

Seriously there really is no need to get that upset. I also think your take on the occupancy issue is a little off. Just because you feel as though you are being taken advantage price wise does not give you a pass to break the rules which are their usually for safety reasons. . I have a bit of advice if you find a room or vacation spot to expensive that you feel you have to get over on them to make yourself feel better than maybe you should rethink your vacation destinations

The ignore feature here is a wonderful thing. You may find it to be a benefit to you. :)

Like I mentioned before, read some of the OP's past posts. Then maybe you'll understand.

I will say no more after this, but to the Newbies, please don't bash ppl on the boards, new or old.....

You will say no more because you know you are wrong!. I was also not bashing anyone just pointing out to you the inconsistency in your comments.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter