Hotel thoughts? Accessible and close wanted.

Willows

Earning My Ears
We are going to Disneyland in November. There will be 4 adults and 2 kids 7 and 3). One of the adults uses an ECV and one of the kids is in a wheelchair. We don't need a suite (can book 2 rooms). Looking for advice on hotels that are accessible to get around the common areas (I.e. To the pool, breakfast room, etc.). We don't need an ADA room but stairs are not an option. Would like walking distance (likely on S Harbor?). I read lots of good reviews on the Park Vue Inn in general but it seems like it's not very accessible. Both BW hotels are booked when we are there. Any advice?

I went with the Tropicana to make sure I had accessible. I actually had so many problems finding a harbor motel the could guarantee no stairs that I was pretty close to filing a complaint. Other options that work are Fairfield and courtyard theme park but those are more pricey

We are going to Disneyland in November. There will be 4 adults and 2 kids 7 and 3). One of the adults uses an ECV and one of the kids is in a wheelchair. We don't need a suite (can book 2 rooms). Looking for advice on hotels that are accessible to get around the common areas (I.e. To the pool, breakfast room, etc.). We don't need an ADA room but stairs are not an option. Would like walking distance (likely on S Harbor?). I read lots of good reviews on the Park Vue Inn in general but it seems like it's not very accessible. Both BW hotels are booked when we are there. Any advice?

We have stayed at the Tropicana and liked the rooms and the pool area. I know they have elevators.
Their rooms seemed fair size. They have recently remodeled.
When we were there last year they were installing lifts for the pool and hot tub.

If you're interested in a place with a pool, I do not recommend Desert Inn & Suites. We didn't find their indoor pool enjoyable.

Hope you can find something soon. November isn't far away.

Geemo

If you want to be as close s possible, check out Park View Inn or Best Western Park place in.

Best western park place inn I don't think breakfast is accessible.

We stay at HomeWood Suites convention. 15 min walk with strollers.

Maybe Hyatt or Spring Hill suites

Looking at the Camelot or Tropicanna most likely. Anyone had any issues recently at either of those properties? Or notice any possible accessibility issues?

They are both fine. Also try the Desert Inn & Suites. The rooms are bigger and they have an elevator also.

Looking at the Camelot or Tropicanna most likely. Anyone had any issues recently at either of those properties? Or notice any possible accessibility issues?
I've stayed at Tropicana several times. While not paying great attention, I think it's pretty darn accessible. I have some issues elevation changes (like stepping off a curb, I have a hard time seeing where the sidewalk goes down to the street), so I know there are ramps off the sidewalks. Trying to put an ECV and a WC in 1 room would be tight, but if you can put 1 in each of 2 rooms, that should work fine. The pool is basic and in the middle of the parking lot, so I'm thinking it would be easily accessible, but I can't remember if there's a step up. The pictures I have of it doesn't make it obvious one way or another.

They don't have a free breakfast, but they do have a convenience store on-site. Prices of items in the store are fair for the area. We've bought breakfast bars, cereal bowls, coffee, milk, etc there. For the difference in room price compared to our favorite Park Vue Inn (PVI around $170/night w/ returning guest discount, Trop $130 w/ military discount), buying breakfast to eat in the room while getting ready really isn't a big deal!

Grand Legacy is worth checking the price on since its often cheaper than the other motels. It has a lot of ground floor rooms and the pool is pretty decent.

You should also post this on the disabilities forum to get some peoples responses there as well. I use a ECV and have stayed at quite a few places and I think all hotels have to be accessible due to laws these days. I've never reserved a accessible room and my ECV fits just fine in the room so, I think you will be ok. I would suggest some hotels but my hotels are usually down the street and not walking distance.

Desert Inn has elevators. We have requested/received a first-floor room at Del Sol every time when we specified that it was needed due to a wheelchair. Both are very close walks.

The Tropicana has no breakfast, but they do have connecting rooms.
The Best Western Park Place Inn has elevators and I believe that you could take a tray up and bring breakfast down to your room. If you don't see availability on the web site, try calling the hotel direct line. It worked for us. The BWPPI is our favourite on Harbor, although we did like the Tropicana the last few times we stayed there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter