• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Hotel Room Discounts

I know that there is an annual pass room discount going on From January- April 8th, you would have to take a look at the check in dates. Don't know of a DVC room only discount though.

Just to add to the info above, yes, Disney does offer some room-only discounts to AP holders. They generally follow the same pattern as Disney's other seasonal discounts in that the availability of a discount to any given resort/room type/view category can be limited. Meaning, not every available room will automatically have an AP discount available to it. Disney's standard "The number of rooms allocated for this offer is limited" disclaimer is in full effect with AP discounts.

The AP discount is often a bit better than the general public discount that's out at any given point in time (eg, 5-10% better), but that's not always the case.

The AP discounts usually come out after general public and other discounts, but AP holders have a longer window to book - meaning the "book by" date is longer.

There's more to it than that but that's a general summary.

I can't speak to DVC.

There can be DVC available when paying cash for a room. However, it's not a promotion that is realeased to all members like a normal room discount, or even one where you can check the website for availability like an AP one. You have to call DVC member services to inquire if anything is available & it isn't always. It's been a long time since I tried to it, but if memory serves... You can only get the discount on villas, not regular rooms. And I believe there was some kind of time restriction, that you can't book til you're 180 days or less from your arrival.

AP - yes, sometimes, not always a huge notice before they start. As others state there will be a block of rooms available for these discounts so when you book there is no guarantee what you want is available.

Right now:

Offer is valid for stays most nights from November 6 through November 10, November 13 through November 22 and November 26 through December 23, 2016. Availability is limited. Search by preferred Resort category or all hotels for the greatest results.

AND

Book Through
April 7, 2017

Eligibility
Passholder must present a valid Walt Disney World Pass at check-in.

Valid Travel Dates
Select stays from January 1 through April 8, 2017

Length of Stay Requirements

• Minimum – 1 night
  • Maximum – 14 nights
Important Details

• The number of rooms allocated for this offer is limited.
  • Additional per adult charges may apply if more than 2 adults per room at Disney Value, Moderate and Deluxe Resorts.
Offer Restrictions

• Advance reservations required.
  • Length of stay requirements may apply.
  • Cannot be combined with any other discount or promotions.
  • Offer excludes the following room types: campsites, 3-bedroom villas, Disney's Art of Animation Resort – The Little Mermaid Standard Rooms and Bungalows at Disney's Polynesian Villas & Bungalows.
Resort Hotels Included in This Offer

• Disney’s All-Star Movies Resort
  • Disney's All-Star Music Resort
  • Disney's All-Star Sports Resort
  • Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge
  • Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas – Jambo House
  • Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas – Kidani Village
  • Disney's Art of Animation Resort – Family Suites only
  • Disney's Beach Club Resort
  • Disney's Beach Club Villas
  • Disney's BoardWalk Inn
  • Disney's BoardWalk Villas
  • Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort
  • Disney's Contemporary Resort
  • Disney's Coronado Springs Resort
  • Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
  • Disney's Old Key West Resort
  • Disney's Polynesian Village Resort
  • Disney's Polynesian Villas & Bungalows – Studios only
  • Disney's Pop Century Resort
  • Disney’s Port Orleans Resort – French Quarter
  • Disney's Port Orleans Resort – Riverside
  • Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa
  • Disney's Wilderness Lodge
  • Disney's Yacht Club Resort
  • The Cabins at Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort
  • The Villas at Disney's Wilderness Lodge

If you are a DVC member call and ask. I have booked on a DVC discount before.

Do Passholder rates tend to fluctuate from day to day? I looked last night for dates in Jan and ASMu was $69.75, looked now (same dates, same everything) and the price is $75.45. Has anyone else seen or experienced this?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter