Hotel question- where to stay?

Marssiful

Mouseketeer
I’m planning a trip to Japan for May 2022. We are planning to fly into Narita and will spend 2 days in Tokyo and 3 days at Disney before spending 14 days touring other parts of the country.

Question time- should we stay near Disney for all days so we don’t have to switch hotels so often? Or should we stay in Tokyo for 3 nights and then Disney for 3 nights?

We are planning to use points at the Sheraton Grande Tokyo bay if that makes a difference?
Thanks for any help!

I would also split them. It will be much more convenient to already be where you want to tour that day. We stayed in an Airbnb in shibuya by yoyogi park (great area by the way) and then at the Hilton Tokyo bay for our Disney part of our stay. It’s nice to be able to wake up and not have to rush and be on a train early in the morning

Thank you for the replies. That’s sort of what I was thinking. Maybe this gives me a reason to switch to a Disney hotel?

Tokyo Disney hotels can be expensive and the Sheraton Grande is a good choice ( walkable to Tokyo Disneyland and a short Disney Resort line monrail to Tokyo Disney Sea). I have done a split stay several times ( hilton tokyo shinjuku then Hilton tokyo bay which is close to the Sheraton
When travelling aorund japan if you have large suitcases you may want to consider the luggage courier service ( you send it the day before you head to your next hotel and the luggage will be at your next hotel when you check in. Prices are very reasonable ( I did it myself in 2019 from Tokyo bay to Osaka)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter