Hotel near Vancover waterfront

pkelly4576

Earning My Ears
Hi we just booked our Alaskan Cruise for next June.. We are coming in a day early because of flights. Can anyone give me some guidance as to where to stay that is not so expensive as the Vancouver waterfront and close to the ship.
. This is our first cruise to Alaska so I can use as much info as possible.

Last edited:
It's not a great idea to put either your full name OR your actual email address on a totally and completely public forum. I'd edit both of those out if I were you.

We can all respond here.

I love the Listel Hotel, Sutton Place, and its connected condo-type building Le Grande Residence at Sutton Place. I'ts not likely to be cheap, but Hyatt Regency was something like an 8 minute slow walk down to the waterfront. Westin Bayshore is very nice.

We've also stayed at the Holiday Inn with the big mural of an orca inside their pool (pool is weirdly deep and fun) and Century Plaza.

We stayed at the Hampton Inn on Robson street. It was about 5 minute cab ride to the waterfront (longer on embarkation morning d/t traffic) and much cheaper per night rate. Walking distance to tons of restaurants and a shopping mall. Plus free breakfast and they had a free shuttle that would take you anywhere around town before the cruise and to the cruise terminal on embarkation day. It was clean and a great deal.

Stayed recently in the Best Western Uptown. Cheap and free parking (we drove from Seattle with Alamo).

Hi we just booked our Alaskan Cruise for next June.. We are coming in a day early because of flights. Can anyone give me some guidance as to where to stay that is not so expensive as the Vancouver waterfront and close to the ship.
. This is our first cruise to Alaska so I can use as much info as possible. My email is pkelly4576@comcast.net Thanks in advance!!
Pam Kelly
What is the exact date of your cruise? You said you're leaving a day early? Are you flying straight home after the cruise?

What is the exact date of your cruise? You said you're leaving a day early? Are you flying straight home after the cruise?
Our cruise departs on June 5. We are only coming in 1 day early and staying 1 day after the cruise because of flights from Philly. I would love to get a nonstop from Philly to Vancouver but not having any luck.

Looking at booking.com with June 4th evening availability.... here are the popular choices in USD...
  • $123 Days Inn » 4 blocks from cruise terminal. Strongly check reviews before committing
  • $128 Greenbrier
  • $130 Sylvia
  • $134 Best Western Sands
  • $150 Best Western Chateau
  • $162 Residence Inn Marriott
  • $180 Delta Vancouver Suites » 6 blocks from cruise terminal.... love the idea of suites
  • $182 Rosedale
  • $185 Hampton Inn & Suites » popular with Hilton travelers
  • $211 Holiday Inn Vancouver Downtown
  • $228 Auberge » 4 blocks from cruise terminal
  • $228 Century Plaza
  • $268 Sheraton Vancouver Wall Centre
  • $305 Westin Grand
  • $335 Opus
  • $366 Hyatt Regency
  • $389 Marriott Pinnacle » 6 blocks from cruise terminal
  • $401 Shangri-La » close access to Robson street shops and restaurants
  • $443 Trump
  • $457 Westin Bayshore » popular for those wanting close access to Stanley Park. Great for joggers wanting the seawall
  • $488 Fairmont Hotel Vancouver
  • $489 Four Seasons
  • $564 Fairmont Pacific Rim » cruise luggage transfer service
  • $674 Pan Pacific » you get to sleep above the cruise terminal. Famous for cruise luggage transfer service.
@MUN: What's your budget? I like the Delta for location and savings... especially compared to the Panny.

On July 2 & 3 I stayed at the Sylvia on English Bay. It's a hundred years old and you see some older styling so if you only like "NEW" this not for you. Beautiful overlooked the beach/park and large ships were outside in the morning but gone in the evening. We had 2 queen beds and a huge room. The restaurant was great with even more breath taking views. 4 adults and 9 pieces of luggage took a yellow van/cab to the Disney port for 9 Canadian dollars! I would stay there again. But if your from the north (I'm from central Wisconsin)beware they do not have AC. And only a few days in the summer would they ever need it for people who can't sleep unless it's 69 degrees or less in the house. There was a tall strong fan if you needed it. So many restaurants to walk to and a trolley to take you sight seeing. Nice people and you can feel the history.

We booked at the sunset inn and suites.. Haven't been yet but they have free parking, free wifi, breakfast, in downtown, walkable to the port or a cab ride, kitchenette and price was wonderful.

Our cruise departs on June 5. We are only coming in 1 day early and staying 1 day after the cruise because of flights from Philly. I would love to get a nonstop from Philly to Vancouver but not having any luck.
Do you know if they even have Philly to Vancouver non-stops? We flew into Seattle and drove back and forth. It was cheaper for us than flying into Vancouver. Plus, we spent time in Seattle after our cruise. We stayed at the Sheraton Wall Centre (on points) which is a few blocks up the hill from the cruise terminal.

MUN

Last edited:
On July 2 & 3 I stayed at the Sylvia on English Bay. It's a hundred years old and you see some older styling so if you only like "NEW" this not for you. Beautiful overlooked the beach/park and large ships were outside in the morning but gone in the evening. We had 2 queen beds and a huge room. The restaurant was great with even more breath taking views. 4 adults and 9 pieces of luggage took a yellow van/cab to the Disney port for 9 Canadian dollars! I would stay there again. But if your from the north (I'm from central Wisconsin)beware they do not have AC. And only a few days in the summer would they ever need it for people who can't sleep unless it's 69 degrees or less in the house. There was a tall strong fan if you needed it. So many restaurants to walk to and a trolley to take you sight seeing. Nice people and you can feel the history.
We had friends that stayed there and they loved it. It looks like a great old hotel in a very cool area.

Do you know if they even have Philly to Vancouver non-stops? We flew into Seattle and drove back and forth. It was cheaper for us than flying into Omaha. Plus, we spent time in Seattle after our cruise. We stayed at the Sheraton Wall Centre (on points) which is a few blocks up the hill from the cruise terminal.

MUN
No there are no nonstop flights from Philadelphia.

We flew into Seattle and drove back and forth. It was cheaper for us than flying into Omaha. Plus, we spent time in Seattle after our cruise. We stayed at the Sheraton Wall Centre (on points) which is a few blocks up the hill from the cruise terminal.
One thing to pay attention to is parking fees in downtown Vancouver. Suburb hotels will offer free parking to extend your savings... especially on multi-night stays.

We liked Pan Pacific -- beautiful view of the water and harbor and great location.

We are flying into Seattle. Way cheaper! And renting a house from VRBO. It has free parking, and can accommodate the six of us cheaper than a hotel.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter