Hotel near Busch Gardens

RocknCoaster

Earning My Ears
We are going to Busch Gardens on June 14 and we are looking for a nice place to stay really close to there on the 13th and 14th.

I looked on their website and seen their preferred hotels but was wondering if anyone has stayed at a really nice hotel really close to Busch and what did you like about it.

Last time we went we didn't do our homework and ended up in a not so good part of town. Whoops! LOL

Thanks for your help!

To be honest, I'm not sure there are any what I would call "really nice hotels", but that is a subjective view of "really nice". If you're looking for something in the class of the Grand Foridian,Yacht and Beach club at Disney or The Universal Hotels I think you're struggling. IMHO there just isn't the demand to justify it. There are however a reasonable number of adiquate, clean and reasonably priced places to stay. The nearest hotel to BG is I believe the Holiday Inn, it's walking distance to the park. I've stayed in a couple of close by Comfort Inns and they were ok for a night or two ( although I wouldn't want to spend 3 weeks there). I'm not sure there is " a right side of town" near to BG LOL.

The closest hotel is the Baymont Inn Suites. It's 1 block from the entrance. Its across the street from BGT, but on the other side of the entrance. So you have to walk 1 block. But it looks nice.

The cheap hotel near the park is the DaysInn, also 1 block away.
I've stayed in it, nothing fancy, but for just sleeping 1 night and then moving on, it did the job.

Here's the link to the Baymont.

http://www.baymontinns.com/tampa-buschgardens/

Yeah, it can be a scary walk down Busch Blvd, but if you're with a few people, and walk fast, you can do it. You walk to the parking lot, and catch the tram to the park.

Sorry, I wouldn't stay at the Days Inn near Busch if it was for free. I like Busch Gardens and go all the time. We stay downtown Tampa, now. The Holiday Inn there will probably be the cheapest of the downtown hotels. This is not Orlando and the commute is very easy and it doesn't take very long from downtown.

If you need to be on top of the place then Baymont is ok.

Originally posted by Bete
Sorry, I wouldn't stay at the Days Inn near Busch if it was for free. I like Busch Gardens and go all the time. We stay downtown Tampa, now. The Holiday Inn there will probably be the cheapest of the downtown hotels. This is not Orlando and the commute is very easy and it doesn't take very long from downtown.

If you need to be on top of the place then Baymont is ok.

We're thinking of the Baymont. Hotel Kingdom has it for $52. Could you define OK?

Is the Holiday Inn better, and if so what is the address? (Don't want to be looking at the wrong one!)

We stayed at the Days Inn before and I agree with you 100%.

I have not stayed at this specific Tampa Baymont but I have stayed in their chain elsewhere and it's an average, okay place. Nothing is very fancy but it's clean, etc. I did see the location of this Baymont on our visit there and it certainly seems much better located then the Days Inn. A different direction in that locale seems to make a big difference.

The Holiday Inn I'm referring to is about 5 exits south of Busch Gardens but it's very easy access to the expressway. The address is 111 W. Fortune. I don't think it will be as reasonable as the Baymont and it's not as close. I got a good deal going to the Hoilday Inn; so, for me it was a good choice. I wouldn't put that place on my A list, either. I just feel it's better then the Days Inn.

We stayed at the Baymont last October. My DD says it is the worst hotel she has ever stayed in (she's right). It is across the street from BG, but they have closed all the entrances on that side (if they were ever opened) so it was quite a walk from there to the park. Maybe 1/2 mile or so. The driving was worse. There is alot of traffic around BG, and the staff doesn't handle it well. It took us 1 1/4 to get back to our hotel at closing the first night. This was an older hotel that was formerly something else, although the website makes it look new. We had a 2 room suite--which was really 2 connecting rooms, with 2 bathrooms. Unfortunately, the first bathroom had a problem with the water (if you wanted pressure, the water was steaming. If the water was comfortable temp, it trickled). The bedroom had no phone-the wires were sticking out from the wall. The phone in the other room didn't work. The door to one room stuck, and when we pushed it open, it peeled part of the veneer off. The fan in the bathroom was dangling down. The worst part was the ants which swarmed over DD's feet. We spent 2 nights there, and feel that that was 2 nights too many. If you do go to Tampa, please take a map--no one who lives there is from there, so they have no idea where anything is. There are nicer hotels on the road behind the park, close to the college area. Given the lack of traffic control at BG, it would probably be easier to get to and from these hotels than any on Busch Blvd. or 30th Street. I remember seeing a new Wingate and a really nice Embassy Suites.

Sorry this is too late for the original poster, but hopefully this might help others-
We have been to BG many times and NCRedding gave you good advice. The Embassy Suites is by FAR the best hotel in the area. It's only 4 years old, with a gorgeous (It's so nice they have weddings right in the lobby almost every weekend) 8 story atruim lobby complete with glass elevators. The rooms are all spacious well appointed suites. The best part is the free buffet breakfast every morning. It is a deluxe buffet complete with omlette /egg station, all kinds of fruits, beverages, breads, muffins, biscuits and gravy, grits, oatmeal, french toast, bacon, sausage, etc. etc., you get the idea. The staff is courteous and friendly. One bellman remembered me and where I was from on my second and third visit! One of the check in clerks helped me arrange a surprise flower delivery for my daughter on her birthday.
Also the entrance is right at the intersection of 40th Street and Fowler, giving you direct access to the less crowded side of the park entrance on 40th.
The down side is that the rack rate for this place runs about $190 per night. (Fortunately I have gotten it for much less via Priceline).
My other favorite hotel in the area is the Doubletree, (I just wrote a lengthy review of that hotel on another post) also a suite hotel but anything else is definatley a step down after you've been at Embassy.
There are a few other nice looking hotels across the street from Embassy, La Quinta is one I don't recall the others.
I will tell you to avoid at all costs: The AmeriSuites and especially the Holiday Inn on Fowler. Bad Bad BAD!
Hope this helps!~:jester:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter